Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been falsely accused of sexual assault or been assaulted and no one would believe you?
Yes, I have been falsely accused at some point in my life 13 10.83%
I have never been accused, but sometimes I wonder if I should have been 2 1.67%
I have never been accused, nor have I ever deserved to be 45 37.50%
I have been sexually assaulted and have never told anyone 40 33.33%
I have been sexually assaulted but no one would believe me when I reported it 10 8.33%
I have been sexually assaulted and was believed when I reported it 17 14.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 12:13 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I have not said much in this thread - because there's no point in arguing with misandrist nutters.

There's something better than writing to the government - voting. And guess who I have been convinced to vote for?
Hey, thanks for helping me to improve my vocabulary! For a moment when I saw your reply I read "misandrist" as Melisandre from Game of Thrones.

"How cool is that?" I thought. I was all set to jump up and prance around the living room doing my very best misandrist/Melisandre imitation before I realized my mistake.

"You know nothing, Jon Snow."
―Melisandre

At least you mentioned the importance of voting in your reply - the one thing that you and I are in complete agreement about. Even the mostly widely different people sometimes can find one or two things that they agree upon.

I suggest that folks vote in the coming midterms, call and e-mail their Congressional Representatives in regard to issues that are highly important to them.

You CAN make a difference. Once upon a time I thought the only way to influence my state and local government was to be a billionaire with $1,000 dollar bills in my pocket. Then I started going to my local town hall meetings and calling my elected representatives at the State House up in Denver. They actually listened to me and to the other folks who had come out to resolve the same issue that was troubling me. WOW!

The lesson is to become an active participant in our representative democracy - at the very least make the effort to go out and vote. I notice that as of this posting, 39 respondents have never been accused of sexual assault and 39 have been assaulted and never told a soul. To me this is evidence that we are confused by this issue just as many other American are confused about all sorts of things and deeply divided on how to resolve them.

Now, I'm going to go look up the definition of "nutter."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2018, 03:09 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,559,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I won't bother to mention the 100,000 pages of documents the Pubs won't release, becaue they're obviously covering something up that frightens them. Something they want concealed form the taxpaying public they're answerable to.
It's because they know few Dems know how to read

Old 10-02-2018, 11:25 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,538,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
] So, I am curious as to whether anyone here has been the victim of sexual assault or has been falsely accused of sexual assault.
I was assaulted several times. I didn't report any of them.

I've also been accused of sexual assault and child molestation by people here and elsewhere because of my views, not because I'm a predator but because I strayed from the pack. Of course, there was no permanent damage, no police involvement or loss of income, but I was triggered AF by fellow victims and allies. These incidents are glowing examples of how easy it is for folks to defame a person on the basis of pure emotion and ego. These are the very people who demand that we "believe women".

Old 10-03-2018, 09:32 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times
I was sexually molested when I was a girl and probably had other things occur but I don't remember. When I told the first person, I was not believed. I was believed when I told the 3rd person.

As a tween/teen girl I was often accosted (what people would call today "assaulted") by teenage boys and men who grabbed me and wanted to force me to interact with them. I was also molested (butt/breasts grabbed squeezed) by teenage boys. I was once stopped by a neighbor who was 19 when I was 12 and he grabbed me and forced me to kiss him and stuck his tongue down my throat. When I was 10 at a public swimming pool a 20 year old man kept molesting me in the pool even after I told him I was 10 and to leave me alone. Note both the 19 and 20 year old guys, I got my gang banging cousins to beat their a$$es...

Once on a plane when I was in college a young man who also said he was a college student put his hands up my skirt and attempted to finger me on a plane. I punched him in the jaw and the airline staff believed me and they even were going to have him charged with assault because he did admit to doing it after he was punched and a scene was caused.

There were other more minor incidents. Of all of them, the grown man who molested me as a girl - there is a sealed file about that incident. The county made up excuses about why not to charge him with a crime and he was never arrested or charged with that crime (I tried to get him charged when I was 19 after going through some counseling). If he ever got nominated for a position of prestige (him or my 19 year old neighbor who knew me and knew how old I was and who had been harrassing me for months before that day he forced me to kiss him) I'd put up a stink and try to stop them from achieving that position.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:39 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
People in a position of power, male or female, may want to have their fun with you. It's like the priests assaulting the young boys--who would have believed those boys? Or a man who contacted me because 30 years ago a distant relative of mine sexually abused him when he was a boarding school student. He never reported it but 30 years later he was still trying to get up the courage. The relative was dead so it was too late.

Whether this alleged attack by the potential supreme court judge was out of lust for power or just plain lust, we don't know. We can't really know. She never reported it to anyone who mattered. I'm fairly sure she is telling the truth but it's too late now. And who really cares what this guy was like 30 years ago at age 17?

As a left of center Democrat, I know this is a stalling technique. And I also don't want someone on the supreme court who is going to take us backwards and probably harm women by voting to overturn Roe vs Wade.

I was sort of assaulted, btw, by the head of the board of trustees. You think anyone would have believed me? He was a man of the church too, well known in the small town. If I had reported it, the repercussions would have hurt me, not him. I needed my job so I didn't dare report him. Still gives me the creeps though.

Will also note on Kavanaugh, ITA with this post about him. Personally, I thought his behavior at being extremely partisan in his irate interview was worse than the allegations. I'm hoping he won't be confirmed mostly because of that. However, what I stated above about my 19 year old neighbor is true - if he were in Kavanaugh's position - I would make a stink and try to make him not eligible for that position. He was an ******* and IMO people don't change in regards to their personality that much. I also do believe her and I feel that Kavanaugh was probably like my 19 year old neighbor and deserved to get his a$$ beat.

Even though I've been in some difficult situations as a girl/woman, I always told and most of the time people didn't take it seriously. The one where I wasn't believed as a child made me suicidal when I was only 8-9 years old at the time. I vividly remember feeling trapped, sad, angry, and powerless. Luckily there was a program at our school about "good/bad" touching and I told someone at school and they believed me and got the county involved but that person was not arrested and was still in my life until I went off to college 10 years later. It was the main reason why I wanted to move out of state for college.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:09 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,426,066 times
Not assault,but thanks to all this 'me too' stuff I had a female exercise whatever she could to try to pin me as a stalker...meaning I happened to see her around town. That got me a knock at the door and a notice to appear in court,to which I had a 1 year order signed against me to stay 100 ft away AND I cannot go to her place of work,which is basically the local supermarket. So I'm banned from the supermarket for a year,which means I have to go far away to another one because of this.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:23 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Strangers (claimed to be my secret admirers) have followed me home twice, nothing bad really happened and I didn't report either one of them.

I believe there is a difference between sexual assault and sexual harassment. I have been sexually harassed many many MANY times, but I have never been sexually assaulted.

I am not trying to defend anybody, but to me, sexual harassment is more like unwanted sexual attention: unwanted touching, hugging, stroking, kissing, relentless pressure for dates or sexual behavior, or "sleep with me, otherwise,you are fired"

Sexual assault is a bit more serious than harassment in my opinion.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 11-03-2018 at 09:31 AM..

Old 11-03-2018, 09:35 AM

22,653 posts, read 24,571,809 times
NOPE, I try to keep my distance from anyone who looks to be under 18 years of age, never speaking to or coming close enough to make physical contact.....ditto that for Women. May sound over-the-top, but I am a creepy danger-stranger, someone who could generate a phone-call to the police or cause a
lynch-mob to form. Kinda like the Pence-Rule, but to the max!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies