Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been falsely accused of sexual assault or been assaulted and no one would believe you?
Yes, I have been falsely accused at some point in my life 13 10.83%
I have never been accused, but sometimes I wonder if I should have been 2 1.67%
I have never been accused, nor have I ever deserved to be 45 37.50%
I have been sexually assaulted and have never told anyone 40 33.33%
I have been sexually assaulted but no one would believe me when I reported it 10 8.33%
I have been sexually assaulted and was believed when I reported it 17 14.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 07:08 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times

Advertisements

I have had women who were both very homely and very "large" get grabby with me.................nightmarish!

Was I sexually-assaulted, felt like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 07:13 PM

1,279 posts, read 853,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post

Now let's get honest here. If a woman bought you drink after drink trying to lower your inhibitions so that you would agree to sleep with her would you be upset or happy? Pretty much all the men I know would be delighted to find themselves in such a "predicament."

Are you telling me that you and your male friends would feel violated if a woman plied you with drinks and then slipped between the sheets with you?
I’ll find you some better guy friends since the men you know sound like completely amoral trash.

I would be livid and would consider it assault if a woman did that to me, and my guy friends would agree and think the same way. Then again, most of my friends wouldn’t put themselves in that situation in the first place.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:20 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I have had women who were both very homely and very "large" get grabby with me.................nightmarish!

Back in high school there was a girl in the grade above me that would tell me my butt was hot and she would grab or pinch it right in class. Then she would find something to point out that I did wrong in class. I've had girls do other stuff in college too that could be considered assault by some definitions.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:27 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,387,658 times
Quote:
I don't know why I am surprised by this, but I can't help but be rather amazed at all the male right wingers who think sexual assault should be reported within 45 minutes of its occurrence, that those who wrongfully report sexual assault should serve jail time as long as any rapist (it's already against the law to commit perjury and/or defamation of character), that a sober woman who sleeps with a drunken man should be convicted of assault (I think such a woman deserves a medal - in case male drunks don't already know this, most sober women find you disgusting when you start staggering around and trying to paw at us). On and on it goes with each thread more ridiculous than the last.

It's to the point where I'm starting to wonder if some males here are in the habit of forcing themselves on unwilling women and are angry that you might one day be called to account. If so, I feel sorry for your wives and girlfriends if you are lucky enough to have them and if you don't have a wife/GF, it's for a damn good reason.

So, I am curious as to whether anyone here has been the victim of sexual assault or has been falsely accused of sexual assault. Did your friends believe you were innocent? Or did the cops believe you if you were the one assaulted? The following poll is completely private and discuss or not as you please.

Note: Let's all try to be at least semi-polite to one another.
Colorado,

I have tried in some other threads to appeal to males but the majority here are of that good ole boy mentality, at least the ones who don't get it. You are really wasting your breath here and yes, I know that is really sad and unjust. Unfortunately men here seem to be more worried about their own reputations if they were to be accused and but to them accused always means falsely. A least we are talking about it.

I am a survivor and did not tell my family until 20 years later (33). We tend to bury that stuff down pretty far sometimes so far it gets lost until ... some time in the future when our lives become unmanageable and we find out what has been causing all our pain. Then we go "Aha!"

I wish we could get it across that women are not attacking men. We are telling our pain and want the producers of that pain to take responsibility for their behavior and STOP it.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:29 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
nope but if you read what I said and open your brain and eyes you would see I said, I do not believe her story exactly as she told it. And where did you get the idea he was going to rape her? Plus she never accused Judge of doing anything. Trying to fondle someone and attempting rape are 2 totally different actions. And as for "older" boys, they were all high school kids, there is very little difference between a 17 year old and a 15 year old. Or maybe you don't remember when you were that age?
I certainly recall that age and bases. The more bases guys advanced to the better. You are dreaming and misleading yourself to believe Kavanaugh would have stopped if Dr. Ford didnt escape.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:39 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Duplicate post

Old 09-30-2018, 07:42 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
I certainly recall that age and bases. The more bases guys advanced to the better. You are dreaming and misleading yourself to believe Kavanaugh would have stopped if Dr. Ford didnt escape.
You are misleading yourself if you think he was in that room at all. Absolutely no evidence to support he was. How could there be ? No one knows the address or exact place of the house.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:59 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
I don't know why I am surprised by this, but I can't help but be rather amazed at all the male right wingers who think sexual assault should be reported within 45 minutes of its occurrence, that those who wrongfully report sexual assault should serve jail time as long as any rapist (it's already against the law to commit perjury and/or defamation of character), that a sober woman who sleeps with a drunken man should be convicted of assault (I think such a woman deserves a medal - in case male drunks don't already know this, most sober women find you disgusting when you start staggering around and trying to paw at us). On and on it goes with each thread more ridiculous than the last.

It's to the point where I'm starting to wonder if some males here are in the habit of forcing themselves on unwilling women and are angry that you might one day be called to account. If so, I feel sorry for your wives and girlfriends if you are lucky enough to have them and if you don't have a wife/GF, it's for a damn good reason.

So, I am curious as to whether anyone here has been the victim of sexual assault or has been falsely accused of sexual assault. Did your friends believe you were innocent? Or did the cops believe you if you were the one assaulted? The following poll is completely private and discuss or not as you please.

What's with the lecture?

What makes you an expert on sexual deviance and or sexual crimes?

What makes you an expert on sober women that find themselves in the vicinity of drunk men?

What makes you an expert on the motives of conservatives and/or a judge of them?

I'm not doing rhe poll because the topic isn't relevant to me.

I feel that Kavanaugh is innocent based on the current circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post

Definitely. I'm so sorry you were harmed.

I'm so sick of novices trying to play outside of their wheelhouse.

Take CSI and 48 Hours and other stupid tv shows. They lead you to believe how great forensic investigation is for example.

My wife's aunt was brutally murdered when she was six years old. Her Aunt had an 8 year old daughter who is my wife's cousin.

Not only did this evil scum kill this mother and wife, daughter, granddaughter, etc., but he anally raped my wife's cousin. This didn't come out until about 27 years later, and may have been the cause for the whole murder.

Well, the guy was the victim's friend's husband. I guess he was babysitting my wife's cousin, he did what he did to her, at 8 years old, she told her mom, my wife's aunt.

She was going to meet up with her friend that night to talk about what he had allegedly done to her daughter.

He stalked her by hiding in her car in the back seat, while she was driving to meet her friend, he reaches to the front seat and stabs her multiple times. She gets out of the car and runs for her life. He gets in driver seat, chases her down and drives over her multiple times and runs off, just a block from the Southside hospital.

An off duty cop sees most of this from the front porch of his house, grabs his gun, but without shoes on, runs after the perpetrator. He gets a few shots off, but misses, the guy gets away.

He winds up at home with bloody clothes, wife sees him throw them into hamper, goes to bed. She tells her uncle, he comes over, they grab evidence, haul off to cops.

Cops arrest the guy, he's in jail.

End of story, justice served, right? No.

Evidence gets bungled, witness fall off, judge dismisses police interrogation evidence as coerced, throws out wife confession as being at that time inadmissible due to spousal privilege.

Now, I wouldn't know all of these details from heart like I'm recalling them now if it weren't for the hope the police department gave us over 10 years ago, thinking they could revisit the old cold case, which never went to trial, but was rather just thrown out... By using new forensic methods, dna, etc.

About two years of hell, and they failed.

They could not convict the guy of murder or rape of a child.

My wife has been affected horribly over this again and again. Her dad, he lost his Faith in God, the court system, etc. They say my wife's granddad died of a broken heart over the deal.

Real life isn't like tv, that's for sure. Forensic Files always talks about the successes they make, never the ones who get away.

Defense attorneys for this guy beat the crap out of the prosecutors every time we went to court, pushed things back, delayed, witnesses died off, literally.

It was sickening.

If someone is harmful to you, get the hell away from them and leave them the hell alone.

They are not worth your pain and suffering.

If you have children, take care of them or give them up.

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-30-2018 at 08:49 PM..

Old 09-30-2018, 08:08 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Tim, the school-bus bully who had stayed back a couple years and already weighed 150 pounds, sat behind me once in the 5th grade and fondled my ear. It was very humiliating. I heard that he went on to become a prison rapist.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:11 PM

6,344 posts, read 2,898,603 times
Quote:

You start a post by insulting men and saying "It's to the point where I'm starting to wonder if some males here are in the habit of forcing themselves on unwilling women and are angry that you might one day be called to account."

Then you have the nerve to ask people to be polite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies