Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 02:13 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Its not even funny. Liberals have no soul and no morals, and SNL is trash.
If was Effin hilarious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 02:54 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I think it's highly inappropriate to be doing this kind of thing while an investigation is occurring over sexual assault charges made against someone in the process of being appointed to the Supreme Court.

His behavior is. I hope, the same behavior anyone would have if charges were made against them falsely that were destroying lives and reputations. It's just way too sensitive to be funny right now, unless you want people to hate Kavanaugh and ruin him for giggles.

A voice actress got reamed for copying Prof Fords childish voice on her own twitter account. She wasn't even mocking her, just mimicking her.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:56 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I think it's highly inappropriate to be doing this kind of thing while an investigation is occurring over sexual assault charges made against someone in the process of being appointed to the Supreme Court.

His behavior is. I hope, the same behavior anyone would have if charges were made against them falsely that were destroying lives and reputations. It's just way too sensitive to be funny right now.
Oh really? God, how far cons have sunk. No wonder cons are viewed with disdain, it’s rightfully earned.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:57 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,580,593 times
Help me out - when were the SNL skits about Bill Cosby and Harvey W aired?

Old 09-30-2018, 03:08 PM

4,056 posts, read 2,132,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
I didn't say a word about religion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
SNL is owned and produced by a cranky ultra-liberal Canadian Jew. So what did you expect?

It might as well be co-produced by the Notorious RBG....(if she could stay awake for a taping, that is. Its way past her bedtime)

Just like the words Christian and Muslim refer to religion, so does Jew. No getting around that. Wouldn't it have been enough of a descriptor to just have had the cranky, ultra-liberal, and Canadian? What added value was there in adding the religion (Jew)? What does that tell us about Mr. Michaels since there are Jews of all categories and descriptions:

https://youtu.be/sjEXomjpXPU

Old 09-30-2018, 03:11 PM

4,056 posts, read 2,132,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Help me out - when were the SNL skits about Bill Cosby and Harvey W aired?

Here's one about Cosby---but let's face it. Cosby is an old has-been comedian---hearings to put someone on the Supreme Court are a lot more important...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpNe8mj7StI

And in October 2017, Weinstein:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEEpWboH8iM

Old 09-30-2018, 03:19 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Here's one about Cosby---but let's face it. Cosby is an old has-been comedian---hearings to put someone on the Supreme Court are a lot more important...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpNe8mj7StI

And in October 2017, Weinstein:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEEpWboH8iM
And that doesn't include the times either was mentioned in a skit, or on the 'news' portion of the show.

This victimization of conservatives is getting so older, tiresome and overhyped.

Old 09-30-2018, 03:29 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
His behavior is. I hope, the same behavior anyone would have if charges were made against them falsely that were destroying lives and reputations. It's just way too sensitive to be funny right now, unless you want people to hate Kavanaugh and ruin him for giggles.
His behavior is guilty as sin.

For years, I've been involved in cases of sexual assault and rape accusations on a college campus for work. Kavanaugh's behavior is familiar. It's what wealthy boys who are experiencing the consequences of their actions look like: belligerent, outraged, out of control, lying about inconsequential things (as if we believe he really thinks the devil's triangle was a drinking game) and completely lacking in remorse.

Old 09-30-2018, 03:50 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
I see what Chevy Chase means, SNL not that funny any more. Making up sexual assault claims and trying to sound like a little girl to manipulate the weak minded for fame or to destroy a person for political gain is also not funny.

Old 09-30-2018, 03:53 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
...did you see it?

SNL and Matt Damon (Kavanaugh) did a spot on cold opening with Damon at the Senate interview table, doing facial impressions of Kavanaugh as well as poking fun at his anger, his non support of a FBI investigation, his gulping of water at times.

Also a target...his calendars, his history as a heavy, sloppy beer drinker in early years, and yes references to sexual assaults...

It was exaggerated of course...

Definitely no support of Kavanaugh by SNL.
Here is a little flashback of SNL's. Watch the whole thing, it was very funny and popular.

It was all meant as a joke. Just kinda shows how SNL rolls.

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...d-open/2861345
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies