Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 11:09 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times

Advertisements

look at the last few pathetic posts excusing outright racism/sexism. The party of no shame proves it again.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:11 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
There was a time that women were treated as equals even thought too superior in some ways. And truth be told they are and always will be. Not too get into a religious debate here but since the coming of Christianity that’s all but changed. It’s not white male privilage has much as it is male privilege as a whole.

Women are not too believed when it comes right down too it I have to wonder how many men that have been sexually harassed and or raped still haven’t kept it too themselves. Be interesting too see how this would play out if the shoe was on the other foot.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:12 AM

39,075 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
What's even funnier is how many time the conservatives here like to rant against people claiming victimhood (blacks, etc.) but now right here we have a conservative claiming victimhood.
The whole Trump ascendancy is nothing but false victimhood. Kavanaugh has been credibly accused and that accusation deserves both an audience and an investigation. There is no war on anything here except perhaps the truth by the GOP.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:14 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
It has become a party for radical feminists, sad to say...
The most radical feminist I know is a Republican.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:16 AM

2,497 posts, read 3,403,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Is anyone else feeling like the democrat party is out of control with their attacks on men, especially white males?
A day doesn’t go by now without some democrat politician or activist saying things like, “men should just shut up,” “our country’s problems are from male privilege” “ white men are all a$$ holes,” “you can’t trust a group of all male senators” etc etc etc

The Kavanaugh hearing has really brought this to a head for me. Two possible victims — Ford possibly a victim of sexual groping, and Kavanaugh a possible victim of false horrific accusations to ruin his career and life.
But the female victim is treated so very very differently than the male victim, and we think that unfairness is just fine.

As a senior female, I have only a few times in my whole life had bad experiences with men, the vast vast majority of men in my life have been honorable, kind, generous with help and advice, and honest. I fear the Dems are indoctrinating a whole generation of young women to view men as villains.
In complete agreement with you. I have far more trust in getting treated with respect from males. My worst experiences have been with insecure, ambitious, and/or jealous females. Watch out when there is an ambitious woman with a carefully cultivated image who isn't actually as intelligent and ethical as she pretends to be. Hell hath no fury like a woman thwarted in her quest for power.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:19 AM

21,910 posts, read 9,483,127 times
I didn't read through all the replies but the only people I know who are having any difficulty getting jobs now are white males and they are being TOLD that it's because they are white males...or things like "We have to hire a woman'.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:20 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It is a full swing of the pendulum from the not so long ago days when women who spoke up about sexual harassment and sexual assault were treated as hysterical, over emotional and not to be believed. Or worse yet, that that's just boys being boys.

I came of age in the '70s and experienced sexual harassment routinely in every job I ever held. It was expected. There was no one to report it to because no one cared.

Now women are standing up and saying no more. And that has shaken society to the core because up until now it's been a man's world.

I, too, have had mostly decent, honorable men in my life, but I will never forget a boss laying his hands on me, and knowing I was powerless to do anything about it if I wanted to keep my job.

I'm sorry if men are feeling ambushed by this movement, but women have felt powerless in the face of male dominance for too long now. This is women pushing back. They are shaking up the status quo, and that's a good thing.
I understand what you are saying here. But I also had men try to grope or act or speak inappropriately to me, but always knew they were just ignorant jerks, and the vast majority of men weren’t. The Dems are making it into all men.
There were horrible acts women did to men also — the main one being getting pregnant on purpose to force a boyfriend into marriage — I knew at least two young women doing that.

You are correct that the pendulum is swinging back, but I don’t believe in two wrongs making a right.....

Old 09-30-2018, 11:21 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The whole Trump ascendancy is nothing but false victimhood. Kavanaugh has been credibly accused and that accusation deserves both an audience and an investigation. There is no war on anything here except perhaps the truth by the GOP.
It doesn't warrant a circus. It warrants a confidential investigation by the committee like any other allegation brought before them for decades.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...avanaugh-vote/

Old 09-30-2018, 11:23 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I understand what you are saying here. But I also had men try to grope or act or speak inappropriately to me, but always knew they were just ignorant jerks, and the vast majority of men weren’t. The Dems are making it into all men.
There were horrible acts women did to men also — the main one being getting pregnant on purpose to force a boyfriend into marriage — I knew at least two young women doing that.

You are correct that the pendulum is swinging back, but I don’t believe in two wrongs making a right.....
This is how social change happens. First, the injustice is brought into full light. That's what we're seeing today.

Eventually we will reach a place of equilibrium.

Women have been on the other side of this issue for centuries now and survived it. Men will, too.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:25 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,572,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I didn't read through all the replies but the only people I know who are having any difficulty getting jobs now are white males and they are being TOLD that it's because they are white males...or things like "We have to hire a woman'.
Probably to make up for all the years they've only hired men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies