Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 10:39 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Semantics--
The guy he hit was bleeding from the ear--that is assault
If it has been persued and Kavanaugh was adjudicated and found drunk and disorderly and guilty of assault
He could have found himself blocked out of law school or not allowed to take the bar

They took things like law students getting drunk and causing fights in bars seriously back then
A person had to be "of good character and sound judgement" to stand for the bar
Even having an illegitimate child could be reason to turn someone down...

So while you might downgrade the offense, if it had been someone who wanted to get Kavanaugh into trouble, then since his mom was not a judge in THAT TOWN, and his dad was a lobbyist in DC--not local--
He could have found himself in some difficulty
But because they were wealthy and had clout (which is one reason he got into Yale in the first place) they likely could have smoothed it over for Brett, single son and heir...
Like they did anything he got caught by local police having too much fun at a party...
Dudley, not Kavanaugh, hit the guy with a glass causing the cut.

There were no arrests, charges, a non-issue (except to partisans like yourself).

The report made no mention of his drinking, demeanor, nothing, and I guess it was not an issue for the police.

This happened how long ago? Please, get over it.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:40 PM

76 posts, read 24,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
You're not doing Kavanaugh any favors by claiming he drank the liquor in the glass before throwing the ice at Dom C.
I'm merely pointing out that the accusations being made here and by the former classmate aren't the accusations made by the bar fight "victim". I'd be interested in your thoughts as to why this disconnect exists.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:41 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Sometimes a person deserves to have a beer thrown in their face...and the police agree.

I'm just sayin'.
I'm quoting myself now but I just have to say that it's sort of anticlimactic to find out that it was a glass of ice and not a glass of beer.

My husband says, by the way, that this whole fiasco is like a cross between the shows Dallas and The Twilight Zone.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Semantics--
The guy he hit was bleeding from the ear--that is assault
If it has been persued and Kavanaugh was adjudicated and found drunk and disorderly and guilty of assault
He could have found himself blocked out of law school or not allowed to take the bar

They took things like law students getting drunk and causing fights in bars seriously back then
A person had to be "of good character and sound judgement" to stand for the bar
Even having an illegitimate child could be reason to turn someone down...

So while you might downgrade the offense, if it had been someone who wanted to get Kavanaugh into trouble, then since his mom was not a judge in THAT TOWN, and his dad was a lobbyist in DC--not local--
He could have found himself in some difficulty
But because they were wealthy and had clout (which is one reason he got into Yale in the first place) they likely could have smoothed it over for Brett, single son and heir...
Like they did anything he got caught by local police having too much fun at a party...
Kavanaugh didn't hit the guy and make him bleed - someone else did. All Kavanaugh did was toss ice in a drunk guy's face - at age 19.

And a glass of ice no way compares to "having an illegitimate child." At least not last time I checked.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:43 PM

89,008 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OMG, BK threw a glass of ice at someone when he was 19 years old. I STAND AMAZED.

What will we find out next? This is so much fun!
He littered when he was 18. Threw a gum wrapper right out of his car window.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:45 PM

Quote:
You dodged the question.....
And you know it...
There. Are plenty of. Yale classmates who are not defending him...
I really wish you'd get acclimated to that new keyboard of yours.

Anyway, I didn't dodge any question - someone asked where the classmates were who were defending Kavanaugh and so I posted a video which contained classmates of Kavanaugh's defending him. Wasn't hard to figure out so I really don't understand your accusation.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:46 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
LMAO!!!! Democrats getting desperate.......LMAO!!!! A 1985 police report that didn't go anywhere and it had nothing to do with Kavanaugh.

1985....let me remember....Rocky 4 came out .....Duran Duran "A View to a Kill" was a hit.........damn. sooooo long ago....what's next Dems? you are going to search to see how many fights he had in elementary school and see if he hit somebody in the cafeteria. LMAO!!!

Old 10-01-2018, 10:48 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
LMAO!!!! Democrats getting desperate.......LMAO!!!! A 1985 police report that didn't go anywhere and it had nothing to do with Kavanaugh.

1985....let me remember....Rocky 4 came out .....Duran Duran "A View to a Kill" was a hit.........damn. sooooo long ago....what's next Dems? you are going to search to see how many fights he had in elementary school and see if he hit somebody in the cafeteria. LMAO!!!
Just you wait, food fight from elementary will be up next and they’ll claim this isn’t funny. It shows temperament.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:49 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The victim was bleeding from the head and transported to hospital. A real fight. Not comical.
So where are the follow up medical reports of the victim?

My husband worked at a bar/club while he was in college and after - in the mid 90's.

You call an ambulance for any patron who got a glass to their head. Or a splinter in their foot.

Patron can accept or deny.

All to cover the establishment's owners (same owners as the House of Blues in my husband's case) asses.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He littered when he was 18. Threw a gum wrapper right out of his car window.
Holy Cannoli, Batman!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies