Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 01:37 AM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,820 times

Advertisements

If he told the committee it was legal for him to drink beer when he was a senior in high school he lied. Drinking age in Maryland was 21. Unless he was held back for 3 years and was 21 as a senior.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:48 AM

76 posts, read 24,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
If he told the committee it was legal for him to drink beer when he was a senior in high school he lied. Drinking age in Maryland was 21. Unless he was held back for 3 years and was 21 as a senior.
As you know, he didn't say that. Might be why the Dems aren't pursuing that particular line.

He said: “My friends and I, boys and girls. Yes, we drank beer. I liked beer. I still like beer... The drinking age as I noted, was 18, so the seniors were legal. Senior year in high school, people were legal to drink.”

Your claim that the legal drinking age for the full senior year was 21 in MD is incorrect. Did you lie?

How often do you think they may have ventured the enormous 7 mile journey to DC in Senior year? Yeah, that would never happen right. No 17 year old in MD would come up with that crazy scheme of going down the road 15 minutes for a beer.

What is your next pretend lie?

Old 10-02-2018, 02:07 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamLabroy View Post
No one really believes that, but it is the lefts talking point now that everything else is falling apart. All fair minded adults saw a response entirely proportionate to the accusation and impact.
Exactly. You can bet that when the situation is reversed, a new tune is sung.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:05 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
You'd better believe it. It'll make this nomination seem like a warm up activity
I get that as a concept. But in practice, how could they possibly lower the bar any further, or be any more despicable in their behavior than they have been? If they could figure out any new lie to tell or another, worse slander to commit against Kavanaugh, you know they would all rush to do it right now.

So what new and worse level of nastiness could they possibly be holding back for the replacement for RBG? Is that really even possible after what we have seen here? Really?

Old 10-02-2018, 03:15 AM

9,456 posts, read 5,216,910 times
From the depths of my cynicism, I am still trying to keep an open mind. We'll see how it plays out. But I'm not confident that the FBI will find anything more than is already known. If there is more to be looked into, well then, this will drag on and who knows where that will lead. I'll bet Kavanaugh ultimately does not get confirmed.
I knew I shouldn't have come back to this thread lol.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:26 AM

13,727 posts, read 7,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I get that as a concept. But in practice, how could they possibly lower the bar any further, or be any more despicable in their behavior than they have been? If they could figure out any new lie to tell or another, worse slander to commit against Kavanaugh, you know they would all rush to do it right now.

So what new and worse level of nastiness could they possibly be holding back for the replacement for RBG? Is that really even possible after what we have seen here? Really?

If Trump were to nominate Amy Barret to replace RBG she had better have a lot of security.

The Left will lose their collective minds should that happen.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:30 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,569,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I wonder how many people here have thrown a drink at someone. I haven't. And I can't think of anybody I know who has. It's the act of someone who isn't in control of their emotions. Or is blind drunk. Or both.
I did. In middle school. During a food fight. Guess I'm not fit for the SCOTUS.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:31 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
If Trump were to nominate Amy Barret to replace RBG she had better have a lot of security.

The Left will lose their collective minds should that happen.
To be fair, it appears that they have already done that. So, after the Democrat left has already lost their minds - they are long gone - then what is the next level of insanity after that for when RBG departs? Is there one? My imagination is obviously failing me here.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:38 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,076 times
Democrats and Media friends only aim is to run slander stories on Kavanaugh 24x7 and hope that people will fall for it in the Midterm Elections. They will not !!!

Old 10-02-2018, 03:38 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,569,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Saw this anonymous comment posted elsewhere. I think it's 100% on target:

Instead of deflecting, dodging, acting belligerent and lying before the Judiciary Committee about his drinking habits, Kavanaugh should have just admitted last week that back in the day, he was indeed a party animal and got drunk but never assaulted any women. It would have greatly reduced most (not all but most) of what you see happening now.
He lied during his Fox interview and more importantly, he lied last week under oath. Kavanaugh basically disqualified himself and he only has himself to blame.
Not on target at all. How many of us delve into college parties and bar scenes in a job interview? I've been interviewed by the FBI multiple times for security clearances and not once was asked if I started a fight at a bar or drank like a camel in College or high school.

Obviously, it's not a threat to national security or necessary to serve one's country. BK served on the bench for 12 years without issue. So, is this bar incident an issue now? Meh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies