Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 08:14 AM

718 posts, read 598,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
There is a book out by Kavanaugh in which he mentions working at Safeway so Professor Ford used that information to say that she approached him to speak to him there at that location.

The leftists are cunning with no scruples.
You mean a book out by Mark Judge, correct? Just clarifying, not arguing against your post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...naugh-assault/

Where Mark Judge writes:

Of course, alcoholics also get into all kinds of trouble because of their drinking. When they supersede their own tolerance, they suffer catastrophic hangovers. These can make getting through the day an Olympic event. This was never more evident to me than when, to raise money for football camp, I spent a few weeks working as a bag boy at the local supermarket.

My job was simple. People would leave their grocery baskets against a rail in front of the store, then pull their cars around. I would then sling their groceries in the car, sometimes get a small tip, and then wait for the next car.

It was a nightmare. Invariably I would be hungover — or still drunk — when I got to work at seven in the morning, and I spent most of the first hour just trying to hold myself together

This has all been a set up and most logical people, on whatever political side, surely see this mockery for what it has been. It is time for a vote. End.Of.Story.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:14 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I hope this is true, but my concern is the corruption and bias in the leadership of the FBI — they hate Trump and seem to want to do anything to take him down, so I am curious how fair they will be in this new investigation.
I think that is a valid concern .... BUT, just because some of the Leadership in the FBI under the Obama Administration did illegal things - doesn't mean the entire FBI is on that page. Add to that -- the rank and file don't want to be tarred with that brush and probably DO want to redeem themselves.

This is a very wide spread investigation - my count of interviews is about 200 so far that Senator Grassley has listed - we are talking D.C, Delaware, California, Hawaii, Maryland. Classmates of Blasey, classmates of Kavanaugh, friends of both, people they work with ..... and the FBI/DOJ close friend of Blasey-Ford who is heavily involved.

We learn that the Judiciary Investigators were on this from the MINUTE they found out about Blasey Ford, they have done tons of interviews ..... including 2 separate men who came forward with Statements (Penalty of Felony) of consensual sex with Blasey Ford in 1982 and another one who sent an anonymous letter to them. You can bet that the FBI re-interviewed all involved + searched out a lot more. The former classmates of Blasey-Ford gave a "letter of support" for her -- which was entered into the Record of the Hearing ..... they probably all get interviews.

Every single allegation has been investigated by either the Judiciary Committee Investigators, the FBI or both. The serious sounding allegations and the off the wall allegations .... ALL of them.
All this is according to Senator Grassley on the Judiciary website. Let me just say -- the Judiciary has about the best website of any Committee and so does Senator Grassley -- he posts all his Letters to DOJ, FBI, other Senators and makes a lot of information public.

I read it frequently

Old 10-03-2018, 08:15 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,019,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I would say the polygraph is the PM moment and the nail in her coffin.
I keep going to CNN to see if they'll report it. So far, nope. They're holding out obviously. Right now the lead political story is on Flake calling Trump's remarks appalling. Really, I think this issue with the sworn statement from Ford's ex is bigger news.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:16 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OK, this comment was sent to me via "rep point:"

Thanks for the rep point.

I do not share anything anyone sends me in a private message, but I can't for the life of me understand why this comment was sent to me in a rep. Oh well.

I think Flake is a Flake. And I think if my last name was Flake, or Weiner for that matter - I'd truly change my last name, especially if I was working in the public eye. Life's too short!
Flake is a FAKE, he is pissed that his numbers are soooo low in AZ he couldn't get elected to dog catcher. Rumors around AZ are that he's eyeballing a 2020 run for President, if true he'd be a "never Trumper" candidate though who's party he'd attach to is unknown, doubt it'd be GOP at this point.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:16 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
The woman in this case should be prosecuted for perjury at a minimum.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:19 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's hard to place all the blame for this travesty on the woman.

The DNA did not match the accused, yet the prosecution brought the case to trial.

I do agree with his sentiment about not giving in to anger. Michael Moore from the Austin area was imprisoned for 20+ years in the murder of his beloved wife, which he did NOT commit, and was freed after all that time. The DA's office withheld exculpatory evidence and he's going after them, but he also would echo the thought of not giving in to anger, because that wastes even more of your life.

Crazy people are out there who accuse people of things. It's up to the DA's office to not prosecute if it seems pretty clear the accused are innocent.
The prosecutors certainly seemed to want to make a case, and a jury convicted the men, but all based primarily on the woman's identifying them. And now she says the rape didn't happen. That's not a matter of identifying the wrong person, it's a matter of causing the whole fiasco in the first place.

I think false accusations, where the crime never happened and the alleged victim knows that, are very rare. But her actions took 26 years of this man's life away from him. None of this happens without her initial claims. I'm not inclined to let her off the hook even the slightest bit.

Having said that, there's another hook for the prosecutors and what really appears to have been, and what continues to be, a really corrupt criminal justice system.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:19 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
When Senator Jeff Flake was confronted by protesters in an elevator last week, I did not understand how these women were allowed to get into a Senate chamber elevator, and how camera crews were at the ready? It looked like an orchestrated ambush to me.

Turns out the women involved came from a nonprofit called Center for Popular Democracy that has received funding from liberal billionaire George Soros, records show: Ana Maria Archila, who confronted Flake is the group’s co-executive director, and Tracey Corder, who according to reports, confronted Sen. McConnell in another confrontation, is the group’s racial justice campaign director.

Flake told a conference in Boston yesterday that the incident was a factor in his request for an FBI probe before a full Senate vote on Kavanaugh. Flake initially put out a statement of his support for Kavanaugh, but following the elevator incident, he made a dramatic call in the committee room for a one week delay so an FBI investigation could investigate sexual abuse allegations against the nominee.

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ant...-ties-to-soros
It looked fake from the beginning .... ONLY question now is .....
Was Jeff Flake in on the planning of this? Was Coons in on the planning of this?

Looks likely at this point that it was preplanned and somebody (several somebodies?) on that Senate Committee were in on it.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:22 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The woman in this case should be prosecuted for perjury at a minimum.
But not Kavanaugh who has contradicted his statements -- under oath .

Just this woman.

Got it.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:24 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times
It looks like this whole thing is blowing up.

I strongly recommend people read this, it goes into detail about how Dr Ford, and her FBI agent BFF created this fraud.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ter-construct/

Old 10-03-2018, 08:29 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,211,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
www.nytimes.com/2018/05/07/nyregion/innocence-project-manhattan-rape.html

We definitely should always believe any claims of rape though.

Women never lie
Good news if the woman and prosecutor take his place in prison for the next 26 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies