Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 11:22 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,643,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Any word from Murkowski (RINO-AK)?
She was rumored to last be heard muttering something about Anwar !!! She could have been drinking though. No word on that yet.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:22 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,980,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I bet not. I never got drunk and sexually assaulted anyone. And I never lied under oath. Right there that puts me leagues ahead of him.
Actually he hasn't either.

There's not a single DUI, PI, or Rape charge on his record.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:23 AM

20,758 posts, read 8,565,658 times
Kavanaugh shouldn't bother. But Mark Judge can and should, also suing mainstream media. He has cancer so I'm sure he could use the money.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:24 AM

17,988 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Why is it so important to have this guy on the Supreme who has never tried a case. Was this the best they could find or is there some other reason why a more experienced conservative nominee would not do?
Oh believe me, with all the compassion and tact I can possibly muster, we could have shoved way worse down Y'alls throats.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:24 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,405,754 times
Quote:
I watched him lie under oath. That's pretty much all one needs to know in this case.

Can you please list the lies by Kavanaugh?

I know of at least one lie by Ford...she lied about the polygraph test questions.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:25 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,737,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
He has an ironclad defamation case against her because she can't prove a damn thing ever happened. So her allegations were malicious and done only for the purposes of harming his career.

The problem would be finding a jury without a bunch of idiot liberals on it.
If she believed what she said, then he would lose. He would have to prove that she knew she lied. I don’t think that would be as easy as you seem to think.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:25 AM

393 posts, read 166,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
A week ago we all believed her. We even fell for she is terrified to fly but would fly when she had to crap. I think many of us, myself included sympathized and related to her on some level. Now, 10 days later we see more and more that Ford was coached, lied to by her lawyer and lied about numerous things about herself and how she conducts herself professionally. Ford comes out looking badly.

She routinely flies. Has 2 hundred thousand frequent flyer miles saved up
She lived in a 500 square foot house with one door in the 90's. She claims he needs two doors in her home to feel safe.
Ther polygraph consisted of two questions. Her test is a sham and was conducted only to say that she took one and "passed" Remember perception is everything, the truth be damed.

Ford lied when she said she never instructed a person how to take a polygraph.

Ford lied about being a Doctor. She is not a Doctor that is recognized in the state of California. That's a registration issue and could have been an oversite. I will give her the benefit of the doubt.

All of Ford's Social media, including high school yearbooks, were scrubbed from view.

Ford is a never Trumper and took part in Anti-Trmp Protests.

She alleges an assault that she can't remember anything of importance and no one has a memory of her story.

Ford used a radical way of remembering techniques to her clients that could be considered a way of fabricating a credible story that would be believed by others.

It's just too much BS.

After all, is said and done with Kavanaugh the only bad thing that can be said about him was that he likes Beer a lot.

And she still hasn’t filed a police report.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:26 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,633,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Both Kavanaugh and his wife come from affluent families. If one of my kids needed a payoff of debt to become a Supreme Court justice, and it was within my ability to provide it, I would.
who paid it off? and if it was his family why hide it and open himself to accusations.

I believe Kavanaugh's endless lying comes from his sense of entitlement and his belief he will be appointed no matter what he says or does.
Otherwise , why would Kavanaugh lose his temper and expose his true self in a public setting? Kavanaugh literally admitted in full public view that he believes in conspiracy nonsense and virtually threatened revenge...

With both judicial and church bodies coming out against Kavanaugh it is time for him to withdraw and allow a more suitable American to take the seat.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:26 AM

78,344 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
I bet not. I never got drunk and sexually assaulted anyone. And I never lied under oath. Right there that puts me leagues ahead of him.
Can you specifically support the lied under oath part? I looked for that on NPR and some other places and I'm certainly not seeing it. Also, not seeing this on CNN.

Are you pointing to the part where he said he didn't "drink to the point of blacking out"?

Old 10-04-2018, 11:27 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Kavanaugh shouldn't bother. But Mark Judge can and should, also suing mainstream media. He has cancer so I'm sure he could use the money.
How can Mark Judge sue about maligning his character when he has openly written about the exact kind of behavior Ford is claiming?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies