Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 08:59 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Hillary Clinton is done and is a moot point! Please, stick a fork in her!
Doesn't make my point any less valid. Lie detectors are unreliable at best. People can learn to game them, some people can't pass a lie detector to save their life even though they didn't lie. It is a very flawed device.

46,262 posts, read 27,078,580 times
Quote:
Kavanaugh lied under oath!

Only in the lefts delusional brain....

718 posts, read 598,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Today’s vote doesn’t mean they actually have the votes for tomorrow, correct?
Correct, it is voted to advance to vote for confirmation tomorrow, after 30 hours.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:00 AM

9,439 posts, read 5,201,523 times
I wish I hadn't quit drinking myself I could use a beer after all this drama (which ain't over yet, BTW, because I suppose someone could change their vote).

Last edited by Riley.; 10-05-2018 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: grammar!

Old 10-05-2018, 09:02 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Murkowski is a no. That will cost her the re-election if she votes no on the final vote.
I don't know. There are other reasons Alaskans don't love Kavanaugh. That said, it's refreshing to see someone vote their conscience without worrying about which way the political wind blows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
As Jeanine Pirro said, there are some very erratic and loud judges out there.
Being calm is not a criteria.
Having said that, Kavanaugh is known for being extremely calm throughout his career.
Yeah? Are the on the Supreme Court? Didn't think so. Listen, even former conservative judges are speaking out about his nomination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Polygraphs aren't allowed in court as evidence because they are untrustworthy in and of themselves. And her "polygraph" consisted of two questions, neither of which even mentioned Brett Kavanaugh. Please.

I failed a polygraph test once when there was absolutely zero possibility that I was even guilty! (Thank goodness my managers knew that.) At the time the polygraph guy told me "Do not ever take one of these again. A significant percentage of the population can't take these accurately which is why they are not admissible in court."
Polygraphs are often used for employment purposes. Working at the FBI for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Doesn't make my point any less valid. Lie detectors are unreliable at best. People can learn to game them, some people can't pass a lie detector to save their life even though they didn't lie. It is a very flawed device.
Listen, if he HAD been brave enough to take a polygraph and he had passed - you'd be crowing about it 24/7.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:02 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,030,436 times
Quote:
Kavanaugh lied under oath!
Prove it.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:04 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
He's going to be confirmed.

But a good point was raised. So Kavanaugh does an op ed piece admitting his opening statement in the hearing was inappropriate...and trying to justify it.

But that opening statement -- as Kavanaugh revealed -- was written by him, reviewed by him. It wasn't an off the cuff response. It was a well thought out written piece.

As a judge, Kavanaugh is required to write judgments all the time. He has to choose his words, carefully and knows the importance of carefully chosen arguments, and what they sound like.

He purposely chose to come across as he did and then does an op ed to excuse it?

This isn't the kind of emotional standard on want on the Supreme Court.

But -- that doesn't matter -- to Trump and his base -- he isn't guilty, she's a loon -- so he should be on the Court.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:05 AM

5,730 posts, read 2,191,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Manchin voted to advance.
Not sure if this is how he’ll vote tomorrow or not but good job Joe. Your better than several of the Republican senators

Old 10-05-2018, 09:07 AM

10,732 posts, read 4,336,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Conservatives would do themselves a favor to learn who Kavanaugh really is. It seems that Judge Napolitano has figured it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD7qzH4ob3Y
Too bad Napolitano is proven wrong most of the time.
Watch him on Fox News, and follow-up what he says, and you see he's a very lazy "expert".
He has to prove the extent of Kavanaugh's involvement in the writing of a law before he blames him for that law.
And he failed to prove that.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:07 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't know. There are other reasons Alaskans don't love Kavanaugh. That said, it's refreshing to see someone vote their conscience without worrying about which way the political wind blows.

Yeah? Are the on the Supreme Court? Didn't think so. Listen, even former conservative judges are speaking out about his nomination.

Polygraphs are often used for employment purposes. Working at the FBI for example.

Listen, if he HAD been brave enough to take a polygraph and he had passed - you'd be crowing about it 24/7.
Listen if he had passed it you would have cried how they aren't reliable, and I would have agreed with you. I am not a Kavanaugh supporter. I am anti-guilty until proven innocent. That BS Feinstein and the democrats pulled is third world BS.
Besides that he doesn't have to take the test. The burden is upon the accuser to prove guilt.

Ford may have been assaulted. I am not calling her a liar. I am saying 36 years later with no proof, no evidence, no witnesses, Kavanaugh gets a pass. I am glad that we don't convict people because they look funny or because the accuser is cute or because we simply feel sorry for someone.

I wish I had a dollar for every time the left said Innocent until proven guilty even when the criminal is caught in the act. Still deserves a trial.... Well you on the left convicted Kavanaugh without a trial, without a shred of evidence, without a witness. You convicted based upon party line and agenda.

Polygraghs used for employment. Yep the corporation I worked for used to use them until they got sued for a false hit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies