Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 04:12 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
I've read very little of this very lengthy thread, but I don't see how anyone who viewed the exchange between Kavanaugh and Senators Durbin and Klobuchar can say that this man has the demeanor and temperament to be a Supreme Court justice.

I'm wondering if the TV news sources that some of you depend on do not show the scenes less flattering to Kavaugh.

But then there are those who do not find fault with the way Trump presents himself. And do not see anything wrong with the way people behave at Trump's rallies.

Sorry but the “he was angry during his response to being accused of being a gang rapist” isn’t really fking

Old 10-05-2018, 04:13 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It's the core principle of the feminist #MeToo movement. They've been saying this all along, that it's crucial that women are believed no matter what so they'll not be afraid to come forward. They've never reconciled that with the rule of law and presumption of innocence in this country, and when asked the question they always say some men may get caught up in it but too bad.

This is why I've never been a fan of this movement, even though I'm a woman. And she's wrong. I think this is the moment the pendulum is moving back to the middle.
There never has been a middle; that's the problem. The pendulum has always swung in favor of the rapist. You understand that, yes?

2-5% of men are falsely accused. 75% of actual rapists get away with it.

When we FIND a middle - that'll be a good thing.

That said, the right was clamoring for Franken to step down for much less and now they are screaming for Keith Ellison to step down - with no proof. So it seems proof is necessary only for the 'other side".

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Good grief, too much drama -- one whole hour.
It was all carefully staged and performed. A

Susan Collins did her job by putting the finishing touches on the whitewashing of Bart O'Kavanaugh. A female with two females carefully staged beind her

She took a right-wing extremist and a tool of the oligarchy and moved him . . to the middle.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:16 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Look, this whole thing is becoming really dangerous! If they decide to overturn Roe v. Wade, can you imagine what will happen in this country? Women will find terrible ways to have abortions and probably even die! Do conservatives really want that?
If the Supreme Court overturns Roe v Wade, that will not make abortion illegal. It will return the responsibility to the states. Each state will craft its own abortion law.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:17 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
“A more rational Supreme Court”? You consider a mentally ill, alcoholic, who may have sexually abused a girl when he was a teenager an upgrade?
Quote:
I’m done with this country! I’m moving to BC (Canada) as soon as I can!
Why does it bother you? Aren’t you moving to Canada?

Old 10-05-2018, 04:17 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
If the Supreme Court overturns Roe v Wade, that will not make abortion illegal. It will return the responsibility to the states. Each state will craft its own abortion law.
And, no matter what the state, wealthy Republican men will continue to be able to get their mistresses abortions. You can count on that.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:18 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
I've read very little of this very lengthy thread, but I don't see how anyone who viewed the exchange between Kavanaugh and Senators Durbin and Klobuchar can say that this man has the demeanor and temperament to be a Supreme Court justice.

I'm wondering if the TV news sources that some of you depend on do not show the scenes less flattering to Kavaugh.

But then there are those who do not find fault with the way Trump presents himself. And do not see anything wrong with the way people behave at Trump's rallies.
You are in good company including former justice Stevens who stated he doesn't belong and I bet some of the justices feel the same way. You might have missed his opening statement "what ever goes around comes around" and he is supposed to be objective supreme court material. He has always been a partisan lawyer going back to his time with Ken Starr, he doesn't belong.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:18 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Quote:
Look, this whole thing is becoming really dangerous! If they decide to overturn Roe v. Wade, can you imagine what will happen in this country? Women will find terrible ways to have abortions and probably even die! Do conservatives really want that?
No one is overturning Roe v Wade, though it would be nice to have the decision in the hands of the state.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:19 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yeah? A handful of wealthy, prominent men lose their jobs vs the thousands of rapes that occur every year?

Not in the same ballpark my friend.

But the fact that you are now playing the victim card is RICH.
The most ignorant post on this thread.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:19 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You are in good company including former justice Stevens who stated he doesn't belong and I bet some of the justices feel the same way. You might have missed his opening statement "what ever goes around comes around" and he is supposed to be objective supreme court material. He has always been a partisan lawyer going back to his time with Ken Starr, he doesn't belong.
Stevens was one of the most politically motivated and biased judges ever to sit on the court.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:20 PM

39,075 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Maybe. They could also rule that a fetus is a person with constitutional rights. Afterall, the nearly same bunch decided a corporation was human.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies