Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2018, 06:05 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Are you saying all non white and female businesses owners have suffered discrimination based on the color of their skin or their gender?
LOL, do you folks understand the difference between following the law and supporting the law?

My response has to do with current laws - some of which I support and some I don't.

But as I posted early on, whether you like the law or not, he's a damn idiot for trying to take advantage of programs not intended for him.

I wonder if he'd consider himself black if he was trying to get into an exclusive country club.

Didn't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I agree it is a rip-off of a policy intended to help those facing discrimination. The problem is, he is vaguely correct. In the US, the 'one drop rule' has been used for decades, but maybe it is time to redefine a concept from the racist past. It is case of white racism coming back to bite people in the butt. Its use may be meaningless now, but there is a history there.

"...The one-drop rule is a social and legal principle of racial classification that was historically prominent in the United States asserting that any person with even one ancestor of sub-Saharan African ancestry ("one drop" of black blood) is considered black (Negro in historical terms), its implications of racial purity being that anyone unable to pass for white in the context of the US racial hierarchy is assigned the lower status of being non-white or colored..."

"...In the U.S., the concept of the one-drop rule has been chiefly applied by white Americans to those of sub-Saharan black African ancestry in the 20th century, when they were trying to maintain white supremacy. The poet Langston Hughes wrote in his 1940 memoir:

You see, unfortunately, I am not black. There are lots of different kinds of blood in our family. But here in the United States, the word 'Negro' is used to mean anyone who has any Negro blood at all in his veins. In Africa, the word is more pure. It means all Negro, therefore black. I am brown.
.."
I don't know if they use that one drop rule anymore and I also don't know if they've written a different rule for programs like the ones he's taking advantage of either, but I do get your point.

But for the sake of discussion, let's assume they use the one drop rule and he qualifies. I'd be embarrassed to play that race card in a situation like this. Maybe it's me. And like I just asked, will he claim he's black if he ever wants to join an exclusive country club?

Old 10-01-2018, 06:20 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I don't know if they use that one drop rule anymore and I also don't know if they've written a different rule for programs like the ones he's taking advantage of either, but I do get your point.

But for the sake of discussion, let's assume they use the one drop rule and he qualifies. I'd be embarrassed to play that race card in a situation like this. Maybe it's me. And like I just asked, will he claim he's black if he ever wants to join an exclusive country club?
He's just using the system against itself. Anything that strains the State I'm all for.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:23 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Clever yet funny. But wouldn't most white Americans show a small percentage of African DNA?
You might think so, but no. One of the interesting things that's come out of mass DNA testing is that the "one drop rule" was amazingly effective. The vast majority Americans who identify as white have no detectable African ancestry. People like this guy are relatively rare.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
He's just using the system against itself. Anything that strains the State I'm all for.
Yeah, I get that but I still think he's an idiot.

When he's stopped by police does he yell hands up don't shoot?

Old 10-01-2018, 06:34 PM

16,597 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Good God, that's because populations migrate over time, how could you not be aware of that?
Don't be obtuse, as the context in which I posted my example was not the norm, especially before travel was the norm or as easy as it has been for the last 100 years.

Quote:
What affirmative action and discriminatory liberal schemes - how about naming and describing them and providing a source for your claims?
I do not understand your question.
You undoubtedly know and have heard of AA, consent decrees, and other quota systems based on race and gender, right?
Assuming you are not totally being obtuse, those programs are all over the place and come before the scotus periodically when whites (and now yellows) file lawsuits. It happens whether it be in admissions, government contracts, hiring, promotions, etc.
Needless to say the leftists have come up with creative ways to get around obvious quotas by calling a program "diversity goals" and the like. But it still walks and quacks like an affirmative action duck

Quote:
Nonsense, Asians sometimes complain about being discriminated against in college admission when the criteria for admission is based on factors other than test scores, but the reality is that a school can consider other factors such as extracurricular activities and community involvement. The only way to 'fix' that is for schools to only admit students based on test scores which would put not only blacks but whites and hispanics at a disadvantage in admission.
You must be playing dumb, as AA and it's offshoots disproportionately affect whites, not just yellow people.
Granted yellows are generally doing better in test scores than whites, but the gap is not that far apart. It has a big drop off when you go from whites, to browns and then even further with blacks.
As to women, they can score just as high in most fields if not better in others, and certainly on standardized tests. Yet they still get covered under the PC umbrella of a protected and advantaged group. This despite they now outnumber men in college admissions. Where the real crime comes in is when they are hired for physically demanding and dangerous jobs that they are incapable of doing in most cases. This does not happen in sports where only the best people get the contracts.
Then when they and minorities are jumping rank over more qualified and experienced white men (just to get enough of XYZ) it adversely effects the safety of everyone.

Test scores and grades equate to intelligence, aptitude, hard work/dedication, and probabilities that the top students will be more successful than those with a lower score.
So I'd be all for merit based admissions, with only other factors being used in a tiebreaker type of criteria. Therefore if all the top students getting admitted to top universities are yellow, more power to them. USC in CA is almost Whites and others will just have to work harder and change their study and work ethic to be able to go to the Ivy League. If they don't then they must go to less prestigious schools.

Quote:
race is a social construct, there is no scientific definition of what constitutes a 'black' person or a 'white' person.

As much as some of you insist on trying to get this claptrap to stick, it never will. Leftist are the ones who constantly try to divide us by race, yet some other leftists try to profess what you just did.
Race, be it real or not is a political factor in this country, primarily based on the political efforts of leftists to try and divide and conquer for political power reasons.
Conservatives are happy to live and work with each other regardless of race, so long as everyone pulls their own weight.

Sooner or later everyone will be wise to the liberal agenda of division, and one wonders what your efforts will be focused on then?

Old 10-01-2018, 06:40 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Would you view this guy as "black"? Knowing that he has lived his whole life as a "white" guy and recently discovered he carried 4% sub-Saharan African DNA and wants to use this ethnicity estimate for economic gain.

Can anyone be a member of any race or ethnic group they chose? Sorry no they can't I don't even consider people that marry into my family of different ethnicities(even if they carry a tiny amount of DNA) as being one of us these folks have no connection to the culture or a shared history or values. I can love them and accept them but they are not the same. Not better or worse just different even if they carry a small amount of the same heritage. I'm not black so perhaps Black Americans in general have a much different take.
Yes I consider him to be black. He's as black as Caitlyn Jenner is a woman.

Sorry, you don't get to mismatch social constructs because one is too bizarre than the other.

Pandora's box has been opened and this is what you get: white people who self-identify as black people and vice versa.

If he wants to put "black" on his census, job applications, college applications, etc. then he has 100% every right to do it.

As a black man, my community should be more than happy that white people are opening to embracing black culture. All we do is whine about the whites on the opposite spectrum (alternative right, extremists, conservatives, etc) who outright refuse to embrace anything about black culture.

Oh the irony that we blacks would be so offended by this when this is what we ask for (more whites to understand and relate to blacks) every single day

Old 10-01-2018, 06:42 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
HEY, if he can astral-project into being Black man, I guess that is his decision......works for me.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:43 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times
Default Truths that exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
there has been a level playing field for quite some time...……….
Legally, it is so by Government Policy... but that has never stopped (SOME OF) white society from being culturally divisive and discriminatory... The government had to institute Affirmative Actions, because the minds and hearts of so many white people refused to accept and respect the premise and principles of Equality when it comes to women and minorities.

Quote:
This guy does not have to try and pretend he is suddenly black... he simply needs to open his mind and eyes to the reality, that it takes working poor, and poor whites, minorities and women, to band together and change the dynamics where it is fair play for all... That won't happen until the working poor and poor whites stop defeating themselves in their aims to defeat minorities and women; and realize... we are all in the same boat, and can't afford to 'row against each other", because doing so means the boat does not move.

"They" (The wealthy, the well to do and well to do offspring's degree riders) went so far as to seek out ways to circumvent the regulations as much as possible, then it expanded to include "white women", and then it found ways to pursue circumventing that too. Trying to cover two things at once, by 'pursuing black women, so they could claim ethnic diversity and gender diversity all in one person. The aims was still to block out as much as possible the black man, by then focusing on the agenda again with a contorted perspective, by then dividing up the gender, by first hiring white women to say they are addressing the women quota, and then hiring a black women, to say they are addressing the minority quota. This leaves the black man at a disadvantage.
When it came to women, as in being white women, they'd hire a well to do white female, rather than a woman who was of the "poor white status". The poor white male was also pushed aside, because it was easier to claim to hire white women, as a quota aim, to say the slots are filled. Because there was no mandate to "hire from "the poor based" based on economics that involved the poor whites nor the poor backs based solely on "economic status".

But many of the poor whites have too much misplaced pride to join in and support the "welfare to work"... and then detested minorities who saw it as a positive step to gain means and pathway for economic uplift.

The "welfare to work", the various "HUD Funded job training programs, are things that far too many white people think they are above utilizing, and then complain because minorities utilize it and gain the skill level to compete for jobs.

Unfortunate as it is, the reality has always been, the well to do whites, can spot the poor whites a mile away, and they've always cared to maintain a wide distance between themselves and dire poor whites. Yet, the poor white want to blame minorities, rather than to accept the fact which they are well aware of, which is the well to do and wealthy whites.. don't care much for mixing with dire poor white people.

They did not care much for women or minorities having accessibility, but the Law said they have no choice but to include diversity.

Its the task of the dire poor whites to prepare themselves and develop the skills and make use of the programs, such as "welfare to work", HUD sponsored Job Training, because just being white... will not work for the dire poor whites, because the well to do white.. are the ones who are not so willing to mix with the dire poor whites.

When the dire poor whites figure this out... and accept the reality as the truth it is.. They will Join with Women and Minorities and push for greater accessibility together.

Sadly, what LBJ said... is what keeps the dire poor white blinded, and LBJ said it over 50+ yrs ago trying to wake up the "dire poor whites" to let go of the delusions that their skin will afford them what it won't when they are members of the Poor whites sector.
LBJ said: "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

Republicans have them huddled in a mass, and the only thing the wealthy who control politic's care about is using them as "vote tally numbers" to get elected in office... beyond that... they have absolutely no concern for the poor whites. Its why Republican seek to block health care, strip public service, go after medicare and hold plans to attack social security, they have promoted attack on work place injuries because they want the poor working people to have no recourse against companies who don't uphold the highest worker safety standards, they pushed for the repeal of equal pay for women... and still this group of poor whites and working poor whites rally around the same group of Wealthy Republican who have never had any concern or interest in the poor whites.

Their idea about poor whites is simple... they figure you are white, you had 100's of years of accessibility to change your economic, and since you did not .. then the Republican system has nothing for them. So, they feed them "drama" and "misdirection", "false premise", ethnic and racial bias", and then tell them, that it women and minorities that are holding them back... and sadly, they are gullible enough to believe that spin while republican push every means to stir them in anguish.. while they seek to dismantle the government and promote the Confederacy Agenda... and if anyone understand that Confederacy Agenda, had no social programs, they had nothing for the poor, and they did nothing but pit the poor whites against the slaves to ensure that labor was free or at a rate to poor whites that was no higher than it cost to house and feed a slave. When Slavery was over.. it use the same game to ensure that the wage paid was no higher than it cost to house and feed a slave, and then pit the poor white against the blacks to drive the cost down even lower... and poor whites have bought into for 154+ plus years. Rather than to realize that the way up is through UNITY... and that means unity with the minorities and women... to demand a fair living standard wage that meets with American's claimed standard of living.

The Unions were on track to ensure that wages met an American claimed standard of livng, but the wealthy whites and the well to do university grads, convinced the poor white that Unions should be abolished, because they did not want to see minorities and women, use the benefit of union wage to gain Middle Class Living standards, and the poor white fell for it, without even a thought they were cutting their own legs from under not just themselves, but their offspring as well. They fell so hard for the spin, until they began to chant the "wealthy needs to make more profit"... and every time they said it and continue to say it, the wealthy gap grows wider and wider between the wealthy and the poor... and these people are stilling clinging to the madness that LBJ tried to tell them, they need to let go of.

Trump got them all riled up, and they are getting nothing, and the $2.50 -$3.00 a day tax break, will bury them with "inflationary cost for everything". It only sets up a pathway for the Republican system to claim they have no money so they have to cut social programs and cut medicare and they will go after Social Security. Still this groups of the working poor and poor whites have not figured it out.

They are happy today, because they have credit debt. but their Selective Amnesia won't let them remember when Bush Administration over saw a crashed the economy and the banks would not lend any money, so next they will be met with higher interest rates and still a stagnated wage. They don't want to remember that Obama put regulations on Credit Lender to "simplify their language" to stop them from using fine print to fleece the people. They don't want to remember that Obama created ACA and their taxes did not go up one penny, and they got the means to not be rejected because of pre-existing conditions. They don't want to remember that Republican promoted the Insurance companies to hike up rates, when they fought against the individual mandate, which would have meant more people insured, which would have driven down the cost of Medical Insurance. They don't want to remember that Republican pushed the agenda for Insurance companies to try to play network games, to avoid people using their doctor of choice, by the original plan within ACA.

The well to do and the wealthy have no issue with their kids and themselves getting jobs, because they can pay for 'the "get a job certificate university program" that reserves jobs for those who can pay the university system for a "get a job certificate"... the working poor who buy the certificate to get a job, walks away with massive debt and are not on par for the well paying jobs, because those jobs are already set aside for those who can pay to go to the top 12 universities, and then the next group to get those good paying jobs is from the rest of the "for profit private universities and colleges"...

MLK Tried to explain all of this to people back in the 1950's and 1960's but the racist fervor was so high, the only thing that working poor and poor whites did when they heard his voice is, "shut their ears" and blocked off their minds from even trying to understand what he was speaking of, and he spoke on many occasions and still they refused to hear anything he was saying.

Today, Democrats are standing for "Equality" and the Republican have groomed a mass to think the Republican as being the party of "white people", and all it does is amass them as a voting group, to elect the wealthy and the well to do to office, who push policy that continues the mass devastation, aimed at minorities and women and consumes the working poor and poor whites into the same devastation's... And the Wealthy Increase their Gap away from the poor wider and wider every three month (quarter).

Until "they" (working poor and poor whites) wake up.. they do nothing but hold back everyone in the working class and poor sectors of society and allow by their support, the republican system to dismantle anything and everything that could provide a pathway forward and upwards economically for the poor within this American society.

Now they are drive by a single premise:

Quote:
LBJ said: "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."
Blending themselves with lusting for white nationalism, and chasing the fiction of white supremacy, and bonding with white racist, neo nazi's and every race divisive hate group one can conjure to push the madness. Sadly, this is being backed up by playing on their religious aspiration through the white evangelical system... which sanctions the race bias, the bigotry and the promoting of someone to look down upon, and now they are focused on the Mexicans, and the Muslims, and still focused on the black society, and want to retain the containment of women in general.

Most won't even know what this post is speaking about, because they don't care to read, some have short attention span and every other motivations to avoid facing the truths which exist.

This guy does not have to try and pretend he is suddenly black... he simply needs to open his mind and eyes to the reality, that it takes working poor, and poor whites, minorities and women, to band together and change the dynamics where it is fair play for all... That won't happen until the working poor and poor whites stop defeating themselves in their aims to defeat minorities and women; and realize... we are all in the same boat, and can't afford to 'row against each other", because doing so means the boat does not move. If he wants to acknowledge the black in his ancestry for principal purpose of simply being, that's one thing, but to pretend for the pursuit of money, then he is not honorable with even himself.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 10-01-2018 at 06:53 PM..

Old 10-01-2018, 06:49 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
if that dumbass Rachel Dolezal can pull it off why not this character??? Hit up the tanning salon like ol' Rachel and you can claim anything, apparently.
Dumbass? She did more for the black community than other blacks do for the black community.

A white person who embraced, supported, and worked for the black community. Oh the horror.

Last time I checked, blacks are always complaining that not enough white people are understanding, accepting, and tolerant of black culture yet here were are chastising a white person who was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies