Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 04:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
But why do you think it is a good thing? You're lauding Identity Politics and its faulty premise that only a person of those attributes or opinions can perform the required task.

Nobody is claiming its a zero sum game, except when your board has "x" amount of members and you have to get rid of one and install a woman instead, for no reason at all except to comply with an unconstitutional edict from SJWs, it actually IS a zero-sum game.

But the larger point is that nobody "deserves" or is "entitled" to a job, or a seat on a corporate board simply because they are "x"....if there is any such thing as "unearned privilege" that would be a perfect example of enforcing it. If you have a seat only because of a factor beyond your control then you've not earned a thing.

Its a bit bizarre that he disavowed his obvious origins in Detroit. Like its a bad thing to be from Detroit. I have family from Detroit myself! I'm not ashamed to admit it. They left, but it was long before the auto industry collapsed or the blacks too over. They just went somewhere else.

Looks like he answered you...but a more expansive answer is that its a country created by White Europeans.

That's silly...there are no irrevocable changes. If it changed once it can certainly change again.

Yah, it seems pretty obvious he was born and raised there. I don't know why else anyone would refer to themselves as a Detroiter unless they were from there either.
Okay...the changes are irrevocable. There will be no going backwards no matter how upset you are.

The horse has left the barn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
DD - thanks, once again for proving my point. And we had a nice dinner at the Eifel Tower after a little boat ride on the Seine. I don't remember seeing you in our group, though. You lost all credibility on here a looooong time ago, but please, keep it up. A little comic relief is a good thing.

indeed
Credibility with you would be a bad thing. I don’t want it.

If you have a problem with anything I post, then I know I’m saying the right things. I’ll use you as a weather vane. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 04:24 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I think "WASP" culture and America as people have known it within their lifetimes has just about been annihilated at this point already as planned. It's about heritable personality or psychometric tendencies, heritage, affinity etc.
Show us the grand conspiracy by foreigners to wipe out WASP culture. What's their motive?

Psychological and personality characteristics are only weakly heritable at most. Everybody in the world knows of kids turning out very different from their parents, even if the kids lived in an equally good or better environment than their parents. Heritage? I take that to mean tradition. Even in the modern south, the highest level of cutting-edge (tech-wise) development takes place in the least conservative places (Austin, Raleigh-Durham, even Atlanta to a lesser degree). Seems that if anything, diversity and weak affinity to tradition and tight-knit clubby atmospheres do more to stifle than nourish creativity and independent thought necessary to bring about new ideas, products, services, and businesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yeah, yeah, your standard rant, but it isn't even remotely on topic here. Couldn't you have crapped this into one of the countless threads you've already created to complain about Evangelicals?
Read the Thread Title. It is on topic.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:29 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,571,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
{snip}
Credibility with you would be a bad thing. I don’t want it.

If you have a problem with anything I post, then I know I’m saying the right things. I’ll use you as a weather vane. Lol
Great - you are the gift that keeps on giving, proving me right once again! Thanks Bro.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:35 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Show us the grand conspiracy by foreigners to wipe out WASP culture. What's their motive?

Psychological and personality characteristics are only weakly heritable at most. Everybody in the world knows of kids turning out very different from their parents, even if the kids lived in an equally good or better environment than their parents. Heritage? I take that to mean tradition. Even in the modern south, the highest level of cutting-edge (tech-wise) development takes place in the least conservative places (Austin, Raleigh-Durham, even Atlanta to a lesser degree). Seems that if anything, diversity and weak affinity to tradition and tight-knit clubby atmospheres do more to stifle than nourish creativity and independent thought necessary to bring about new ideas, products, services, and businesses.

Read the Thread Title. It is on topic.
To take the country away, power, resources from those that aren't from their group and redistribute it to their group and alter the country more to their liking, duh.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:50 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,454 times
Quote:
Not white males. Conservative white males. Most conservatives would say it doesn't matter the race or sex of the conservative, and for the most part and in theory that is true.
Says the one who wants all white males.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:51 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,380 times
Quote:
It means America was a sparsely populated stone age wilderness in 1609 and about ~85% white and ~13% black up through the 1960s and built into a superpower, and liberals have been trying to steal it away and tear it down since about the 1960s.

Well, blacks have remained around 13% even after the civil rights movement. So that leaves Hispanics and Asians. I don't hear anything about Asians bringing down America, even from the MAGA crowd.*

*Although in 1910 or so California tried to institute what amounted to a Jim Crow for Asians, which almost lead to war with Japan. If non-Hispanic whites could be so wrong about Asians back then, how can non-Hispanic whites be so sure their judgments about Hispanics are right? Oh, btw, the Indiana judge Trump lashed out to, he was born in East Chicago, IN in 1953 (Source).

Old 10-01-2018, 04:53 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,111,637 times
So, has Mr. Dowd stepped down yet?

Old 10-01-2018, 04:54 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Says the one who wants all white males.
I'm not the foreigner in another country or minority trying to take down the majority.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:56 PM

37,162 posts, read 19,170,135 times
Quote:
Whether Indians migrated here 15,000 or 40,000 years ago, I think it's closer to the former, is irrelevant to America being a white founded and built country. There was no America until after 1609. Just about every territory including Africa had aboriginal peoples at one time.
A "white stolen and butchered country" is what you really mean, right? Those aboriginal peoples living here tried to make room for the newcomers, and were mowed down for their consideration. It was WHite Greed and Treachery that built America.

BTW - De Ayllon arrived on the mainland near present day Georgetown, South Carolina, to colonize it in 1526. He brought along black slaves to do the labor. THAT is the legacy of the United States.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:00 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,084,554 times
I was at a Trump rally on Sat. One old white guy and old white gal in wheelchair held up a sign that said 'Down with old white guys' (meaning Trump) Crazy? Guess it is a trend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies