Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2018, 02:40 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Because there isn't enough pandering from feminists to the most dangerous fields yet, most just want office jobs
Tell my airframe mechanic daughter that she just wants an office job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2018, 02:45 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,717,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
???? You’re covering a pretty broad area here.

If you’re trying to get me to say that I think all men in those groups are jerks, you’ll wait a long time.

A jerk to me is any man who thinks that his possession of a penis makes him an authority on what I should or should not be thinking, doing, and/or wearing. There are elaborations on that, but at bottom, that’s the criterion.

As I look back on my love life, I see poor guys, rich guys, younger guys, older guys, guys with more melanin in their skin, guys who had PhDs, and guys who were high school grads. What they had in common was they genuinely liked me, and spent exactly no time pontificating about women or feeling sorry for themselves. Because if they did those things, I wasn’t interested.

(Edited to add - I’m 70 and I was a foot soldier in the sexual revolution.)
I am sorry you have to deal with such jerks, the reason most men get overly cocky is because I imagine most men are not teached from birth how to balance or just use their confidence and other traits that allow them to have opportunities in life in a not so unhealthy way, most men use weaker and vulnerable people including the disabled, the elderly and the injured on ways to take their fustrations, I did not include women in the group because we already are talking about them here of course.

Old 10-02-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Tell my airframe mechanic daughter that she just wants an office job.
Then tell feminists to stop rooting for STEM and to root for said fields, great to hear your daughter be in that field....

Old 10-02-2018, 02:59 PM

1,239 posts, read 509,859 times
Quote:
Then tell feminists to stop rooting for STEM and to root for said fields, great to hear your daughter be in that field....
They should tell their children to pursue the lesser careers, that will give them less financial security?

I think that many women would be happy about these sex robots. Men need sex, if they're getting it from a robot, it lessens the chances that they need to harass (or worse) women for some. Of course, prostitutes are against it, that's direct competition to their business. If these sex robots were already prevalent, we might not have had these recent incel mass murderers.
That's why I will not make fun of those who use the robots. You're fulfilling a need, and bringing yourself happiness in a way that doesn't effect anybody else negatively. It's a fantastic thing.

**** away my friend, **** away.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:02 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,203,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
They should tell their children to pursue the lesser careers, that will give them less financial security?

I think that many women would be happy about these sex robots. Men need sex, if they're getting it from a robot, it lessens the chances that they need to harass (or worse) women for some. Of course, prostitutes are against it, that's direct competition to their business. If these sex robots were already prevalent, we might not have had these recent incel mass murderers.
That's why I will not make fun of those who use the robots. You're fulfilling a need, and bringing yourself happiness in a way that doesn't effect anybody else negatively. It's a fantastic thing.

**** away my friend, **** away.
Incels don't want prostitutes so they wouldn't care about dolls. They want real women to be attracted to them and to want to have sex with them. Some even want real relationships and families. Incel is more psychological than physical.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:05 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:
Why stop rooting for anyone to go into stem fields? This country is falling behind internationally on stem grads both male and female.

She is also working on an aviation engineering degree (a STEM field), smart girl.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post

What qualifies as harassment?

Edited that one part out of the post.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Why stop rooting for anyone to go into stem fields? This country is falling behind internationally on stem grads both male and female.

She is also working on an aviation engineering degree (a STEM field), smart girl.
Ok, but mostly by stem is just the office jobs they want...

I rather have a female auto mechanic...

Old 10-02-2018, 03:12 PM

25,683 posts, read 18,770,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Women laugh at them, just as most men do (other than those that have a thing for plastic and simply cannot get a real female to sleep with them). There was an entire film made about one--it did pretty well, but the name escapes me.

They're just plain funny, and I have seen nothing that indicates anyone is 'freaked out' about it.
Do you also laugh at gays, lesbians, trans-whatevers, etc? Just because something is different from your norm, it doesn't mean you have to laugh at it. That's called insecurity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Who is freaking out over men pretending to having sex with dolls? How are men who prefer to masturbate inside of dolls as opposed to a having sex with a human partner rendering women "obsolete"?

No one really cares how bitter, angry men masturbate. Truly.
How do you know they are bitter and angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Again, no one cares how bitter, angry men masturbate. At all.
Again, how do you know they are bitter and angry?

That you have brought that up twice (and probably more) suggests that you are attacking these individuals for some reason. Perhaps a doll-bopper has done something to you personally? If not, why the sour grapes?

Quote:
Why do women need to be submissive to men? Being in a relationship is not about one being dominant and one being submissive.
Being in a relationship is about being in a reciprocal master-slave carousel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm not freaking out. If some guy wants to have relations with a doll, that's not the type of guy I would have cared about anyway because it's clear he has issues that I don't have the time nor the patience to deal with. Knock yourselves out. Buy 3 dolls. No one cares.
What kind of issues? He wants to have an orgasm like a pot-smoker wants to get high. An orgasm is a form of "natural high." Chemicals are released that give a sense of pleasure and euphoria, just like a recreational drug. I don't see someone wanting that "high" as having issues if they feel they don't need to risk pregnancy, VD, divorce, settlements, unwanted children, abortions, alimony, child support, divorce, etc, in order to get it.

Only a fool would risk all of that just to get high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Is sex the only thing a woman has to offer?
That depends on the person. Could be yes and could be no. Some people don't want or need the other potential "offerings," real or imagined. Some do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I just think there is something "wrong" if we get to a point where men and women cannot or do not want to have intimate relationships and prefer pets or dolls to being with a real human partner, or if people become such bad partnership material that a dog or doll or computer is better. SAD.

Humans are designed as social animals with other humans, not false substitutes. We were also designed to bond through emotional and physical intimacy. It was a gift we were given as humans and so many are willing to throw it away like it is nothing.
This is all your opinion. Have you asked the "designer" of humans whether they were designed the way you claim they are? Unless you are coming from a religious point of view, we have no designer. So I guess we design ourselves however we feel we want to be designed.

As far as your comment about being given a "gift," it may be a gift to you. But it is not to everyone. Some people do not have the time, patience, or desire to be in a relationship. It brings nothing useful or desirable into their lives. Yet, as most humans, they do have a sex drive and like to get "high" on it as much as the next person. Very few people are true celibates and happy being so.

Generally speaking, these sex dolls are for people who--

1) do not want to risk all of the things that could go wrong with random sex.

2) do not want the burden or responsibility of a committed, long-term relationship.

3) do not have a vivid enough imagination to conger up just about any "woman" (or "man") in their minds as they pleasure themselves. It's no different than a teen tossing off to a sears catalog underwear section. It's no big deal. If someone has the big bucks to buy one of these realdolls, good for him. It's cheaper than a divorce.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:16 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,581,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Incels don't want prostitutes so they wouldn't care about dolls. They want real women to be attracted to them and to want to have sex with them. Some even want real relationships and families. Incel is more psychological than physical.
I am going to go out on a limb here. One of the driving factors behind the whole incel thing seems to be the idea that there are huge numbers of men who can't get dates, have sex, or find a partner because they aren't rich, aren't cute, aren't popular, whatever.

Guess what? I have seen lots of men who were less than perfect have all of those things: ugly men, short men, fat men, poor men, you name it. The big difference was twofold. For one thing, those men genuinely liked women, and for another, they didn't dismiss as a potential date, spouse, or sex partner any woman who didn't have her own high-powered career and the looks of a cheerleader.

tamajane, please know that my mini-rant is not directed at you. It is attached to your quote because your observation about the psychology in play was such a good jumping-off point.

Last edited by Catgirl64; 10-02-2018 at 03:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies