Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 02:13 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
[/b]

Seriously, do you think the world will trust the USA again like they used to? You now the old story, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

How is the world to know that the vagaries of the US electoral college system won't get a Trump II at some time in the future? No one, no one anywhere, ever thought that a sycophant like Trump could ever make it beyond a fringe. The trust may come back, but I can't see it coming back like it did any time within the next generation.

The harm Trump has done to the USA will last many, many years.

i.e. "I'm mad as Hell, enraged in fact, that Trump beat Hillary Clinton."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2018, 02:16 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They just want an appeaser, and an apologizer like Obama so foreign countries can just steam roll us again with bad trade deals, and the U.S. paying for most of their Defense.

Old 10-02-2018, 02:16 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
The world knows they can't push the US around any more now that Trump is President. They will be losing money when he renegotiates our trade deals. Yeah, they're mad.

Old 10-02-2018, 02:47 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They just want an appeaser, and an apologizer like Obama so foreign countries can just steam roll us again with bad trade deals, and the U.S. paying for most of their Defense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The world knows they can't push the US around any more now that Trump is President. They will be losing money when he renegotiates our trade deals. Yeah, they're mad.
None of you get it. As I said before, so many won't look past the brim of their MAGA hats.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:29 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

Trump may well get away with his tariffs and bullying in relation to NAFTA and even China, however I would suggest he takes a more cautious approach with the EU.
I think he will exercise caution. There's much about his manner that can be annoying & disappointing, but I think so far he has come out on the upside of most of these negotiations. No doubt his haters will disagree on that....pftt.... that's the downfall of being party loyal, the stuff that really matters gets buried by the rhetoric.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:32 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
A new PEW research poll, involving almost 30,000 people across the world, has given a huge thumbs down on the trustworthiness of Trump. That also affects the perception of the USA as a trusted partner, and will for years to come, even after the USA gets rid of this nightmare of a president.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...tm_source=feed

For the MAGA people in the crowd, American firstism caused the Great Depression. You didn't learn your history, did you?
This is B.S. and you know it. Anything from The Atlantic is pure propaganda. Who reads that crap except liberals?

Old 10-02-2018, 03:35 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Except when they agree to rework bad trade deals with him.
Boom!

The Left loves to say nobody trusts Trump. I've got news for them ...nobody trusts these other nations who have been screwing us for many years. Now they're just whining because they aren't going to be able to do it anymore. They got too used to milquetoast Barack Obama whom they could manipulate.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:36 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
None of you get it. As I said before, so many won't look past the brim of their MAGA hats.
So what Trump policies are you against?

Tax cuts
Less onerous regulations
U.S. domestic energy production
Secure borders
Strong national defense
Fair trade deals
Having Europe, and Japan pay a fair share for their defense
Pro business

What don't we "get"?

Old 10-02-2018, 03:38 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is B.S. and you know it. Anything from The Atlantic is pure propaganda. Who reads that crap except liberals?
The Atlantic (whose conservative editor was a speechwriter for George W. Bush and the originator of the term "axis of evil") is only reporting PEW's survey.

PEW is as legit a polling organization as it gets. They've been around for decades, and follow many long term trends.

But who is surprised a MAGAtronic would never believe a fact, but instead, kept on believing the Trumpisms.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:39 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,378 times
Quote:
[/b]

How is the world to know that the vagaries of the US electoral college system won't get a Trump II at some time in the future?
Ironic. The "vagaries" of the electoral college prevented NY, CA & IL from deciding for the entire country. Dispute that all you want, matters not --- facts are stubborn things.

If you don't want a Trump II (or DT 2nd term), then y'all better get your s#!+ together and offer a better alternative. Otherwise, the large swath of undeclared voters will have no problem voting against the left AGAIN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies