Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2018, 10:14 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,446,358 times

Advertisements

Trump only goes to redneck spots to do his shtick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 10:27 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,437,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
If this applies to Scotsmen, then why not to Americans?

no true american would be a scotsman.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
As usual, massive crowd .....

so what was the attendance number?

so far i could only find this from an attendee:

David M. McGee‏ @DMcGeeBHC

Freedom Hall already filling and the line outside stretches for - I would guess - a half mile. Pretty sure not everyone is getting in. Hall capacity is about 6,000 to 6,500 but only using half the floor. Back half is media area. #TrumpinJC

12:52 PM - 1 Oct 2018

Last edited by wrecking ball; 10-01-2018 at 10:49 PM..

Old 10-01-2018, 10:49 PM

edit: just looked up the venue's capacity: 8,500 full, 6,149 without floor.

so with only half the venue used we're looking at around 4,250 in attendance.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:07 PM

10,211 posts, read 15,914,912 times
I live outside Baton Rouge, Louisiana and I literally know only THREE non-black people who don't like Trump and don't believe Christine Ford is lying through her teeth. Every other white, Hispanic, or Asian person I know in my social circle, among my friends, in my church and in my neighborhood and friends of friends from Facebook are Republican, even if some of them wish Trump could speak his mind in a more classy language. But we agree with his agenda and his beliefs such as stopping abortion and illegal immigration and building the wall and not giving amnesty to illegal aliens, and above all supporting American jobs (including rescinding the job killing regulations of the Obama EPA) and dismantling Obamacare. Except for the 3 white people mentioned above (who come from a single family), all of the people I've heard out outright hate Trump and Kavanaugh and whom support Colin Kaepernick are black.

Even my friends who are embarassed by Trump's sometimes crass language will still vote for him over a Democrat because the Democrats have moved so far to the left. The Democrats are the people who want open borders, who caused our health care premiums to skyrocket, who tried to destroy our jobs in oil and gas, who support the baby killers of Planned Parenthood, who want to take away our gun rights, and who disrespect Southern history and want to remove our Confederate monument to our heroes like Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

Trump won every single parish (county) in Louisiana where the black population is less than 40%. But even some of my black friends voted for Trump and support him, or are warming up to him, or tell me he's not as bad or racist as the media claims. The Gulf coast will benefit from the Keystone XL pipeline and from expanded offshore oil drilling and the plants are expanding quickly here in Baton Rouge and elsewhere in South Louisiana.

In this state, Democrats are mainly limited to the black population and to the hipster and yuppie contingent in New Orleans. NO is a liberal city but all the suburbs voted for Trump. My parish went to Trump by over 80% and Republicans have never won less than 75% of the vote here since the 1980s. I wish the liberal media would come to THIS slice of Trump country filled with educated middle class suburbanites and hard working blue collar folk who go to church on Sundays and believe in and respect America.

Louisiana used to have more working class white Democrats but they have mostly gone Republican as the Democrats have moved so far to the left (and gone into the global warming/overregulation business that hurts our economy and jobs.) The governor is only a Democrat because his opponent had a sex scandal and many Christian voters stayed home but Republicans have a veto proof majority in the state legislature.

Welcome to the real America. I wonder how long a snowflake will last without going insane.

Last edited by Tom Lennox 70; 10-01-2018 at 11:16 PM..

Old 10-01-2018, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
There isn't a lot of things to do in Johnson City. So glad I don't live there.
Just shows your elitist yuppie ignorance. Johnson City is located in a VERY beautiful area of East Tennessee not too far from the Smokes. Boundless outdoors opportunities like white water rafting, hiking, nature trails, boating, 4 wheeling, perhaps the stuff that the elites from the Left Coast and the Northeast look down on. Lot of cultural heritage and good music. Friendly, welcoming people.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:42 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,648,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I live outside Baton Rouge, Louisiana and I literally know only THREE non-black people who don't like Trump and don't believe Christine Ford is lying through her teeth. Every other white, Hispanic, or Asian person I know in my social circle, among my friends, in my church and in my neighborhood and friends of friends from Facebook are Republican, even if some of them wish Trump could speak his mind in a more classy language. But we agree with his agenda and his beliefs such as stopping abortion and illegal immigration and building the wall and not giving amnesty to illegal aliens, and above all supporting American jobs (including rescinding the job killing regulations of the Obama EPA) and dismantling Obamacare. Except for the 3 white people mentioned above (who come from a single family), all of the people I've heard out outright hate Trump and Kavanaugh and whom support Colin Kaepernick are black.

Even my friends who are embarassed by Trump's sometimes crass language will still vote for him over a Democrat because the Democrats have moved so far to the left. The Democrats are the people who want open borders, who caused our health care premiums to skyrocket, who tried to destroy our jobs in oil and gas, who support the baby killers of Planned Parenthood, who want to take away our gun rights, and who disrespect Southern history and want to remove our Confederate monument to our heroes like Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

Trump won every single parish (county) in Louisiana where the black population is less than 40%. But even some of my black friends voted for Trump and support him, or are warming up to him, or tell me he's not as bad or racist as the media claims. The Gulf coast will benefit from the Keystone XL pipeline and from expanded offshore oil drilling and the plants are expanding quickly here in Baton Rouge and elsewhere in South Louisiana.

In this state, Democrats are mainly limited to the black population and to the hipster and yuppie contingent in New Orleans. NO is a liberal city but all the suburbs voted for Trump. My parish went to Trump by over 80% and Republicans have never won less than 75% of the vote here since the 1980s. I wish the liberal media would come to THIS slice of Trump country filled with educated middle class suburbanites and hard working blue collar folk who go to church on Sundays and believe in and respect America.

Louisiana used to have more working class white Democrats but they have mostly gone Republican as the Democrats have moved so far to the left (and gone into the global warming/overregulation business that hurts our economy and jobs.) The governor is only a Democrat because his opponent had a sex scandal and many Christian voters stayed home but Republicans have a veto proof majority in the state legislature.

Welcome to the real America. I wonder how long a snowflake will last without going insane.
You said all that to say this? Hate to break it to ya, Louisiana does not represent the real America, not in the least. And tell us what is the real America, and is it just made up of the people who love God and country, and Trump. You have democrats/ liberals in our military, out there putting their lives on the line for this country, are they real Americans. I'm not a Trump supporter and I fought for my country in Iraq in 2003, what about me. Real Americans are also people who don't think and believe like you. Y'all hated Obama and didn't agree with him, were you not a real American still.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:00 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Just shows your elitist yuppie ignorance. Johnson City is located in a VERY beautiful area of East Tennessee not too far from the Smokes. Boundless outdoors opportunities like white water rafting, hiking, nature trails, boating, 4 wheeling, perhaps the stuff that the elites from the Left Coast and the Northeast look down on. Lot of cultural heritage and good music. Friendly, welcoming people.
Makes one wonder though why Trump chose Johnson City. It is kinda rural, not a large population. It might have been better for him to have gone to one of the large Tenn cities - like Chattanooga, Knoxville or Nashville. Strange.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:06 AM

Speaking of Obama, you know the thing about him is that people STILL talk about him and criticize him two years after he left office. George W Bush wasn't too popular but people stopped talking about him after his term ended.

The thing is that we're still in the process of recovering from obama's presidency, such as Obamacare causing our health insurance rates to skyrocket, communities still trying to rebuild from the War on Coal, and how we're still dealing with the racial divisions that the left, NOT TRUMP, stirred up in the Obama years with Trayvon Martin, Mike Brown, Freddie Gray, BLM, Kaepernick, etc.

So glad that Trump was very forceful today in attacking the idea of government controlled health care! We must finish dismantling Obamacare in its entirety! The longer Obamacare stays, the more expense our rates will get every year! And yes, we must have a conservative majority on the Supreme Court, including Kavanaugh or not, who will vote to repeal Roe vs Wade and stop abortion in the states that don't want it.

And yes Roe vs Wade repealed will simply make abortion a state issue again. Liberal states can still have their Planned Parenthood.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:09 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,671,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Why does Trump only visits places that are Republican? He needs the attention I guess. Seems like lots of money to spend to visit people who are your base.
Right. He goes where it is safe for him, wants to be where he will be in control and be worshipped. I think he pays some to show up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies