Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2018, 06:23 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,353,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Look, everyone knows women are more emotional than men, by a wide margin. Certainly there is enough overlap that generalizations aren't always true, but that doesn't make them wrong.

https://ifstudies.org/blog/number-3-...mily-tradeoffs

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19883140

Women are overwhelmingly more interested in people. Men are overwhelmingly more interested in things. This is a scientific reality, not my opinion.

Men are tinkerers, women like to talk. Men are more concerned with principles, women are more concerned with outcomes. Men are builders, women are caretakers.

Women are far more bonded to their family and their children. Women, in defense of their children, will attack you with the ferocity of a lion. Men tend to be more rational and fair-minded. Men demand respect and order. Women demand acceptance.

There is a biological explanation for all of these tendencies. But I never proclaimed any of these things to be either inferior or superior.
Wow, then I have lived my life all wrong. Good to know.

When you, or anyone else, make general statements about an entire group of people, you are overreaching and misinformed. It can be harmful, ya know? Now, I think it logical to say that people YOU have known exhibit this or that, but not an entire group. It is flat wrong and flawed thinking. And, I will add, I do not meet any on the "female criteria" you have mapped out for me and foisted upon me. See, I guess I am an outlier, or, you could just possibly be wrong. Who knows.

"Biological explanation " is easy-speak for "my DNA" made me do it or be this way." It's a blatant cop out, and you, Redshadowz, are smarter than that. I read your words.

Now, I have to go finish putting sheetrock up.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:25 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't think it would be preferable to females if males were like women and completely ignored or rejected almost all females all the time unless they are exceptionally attractive and of high status and approached the male first.
And here we have it. Your opinions have nothing to do with rape, and everything to do with rejection.

If you can't get what you want, given freely on the basis of your own merits, just take it.

I'm finished with this conversation, at least as far as you are concerned.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:25 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,868,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Wow. #partoftheproblem
I'm providing all #partofthesolution to not being in a situation to have one's will violated and not believed or for an innocent person to be accused and prosecuted. You're just providing problems between the sexes .

Old 10-06-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
And here we have it. Your opinions have nothing to do with rape, and everything to do with rejection.

If you can't get what you want, given freely on the basis of your own merits, just take it.

I'm finished with this conversation, at least as far as you are concerned.
So closed minded of a reply and strawman. I'm acknowledging that males aren't always perfect or ideal, neither are females, but there's a bright side that feminist like to ignore.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:33 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,553,448 times
Men are not hard wired to be sexually AGGRESSIVE to women, and if that were true, then again we as a society should be restraining men from going about normal living activities since they are, according to one poster, inherently dangerous.

I have a pack of guy friends including a cousin. Some of them I have known since I was 4. There is ONE with a problem. He was shunned BY THE OTHER MEN for this problem. Banished. None of them are this way. They are not oddballs either. I remember them warning me about dating a guy with a reputation in HS.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:36 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,553,448 times
Default Duty of women to protect themselves from sexual assault. Give the list of things we must do and avoid doing.

The title says it all. There are little bursts of things like don't drink too much and don't dress sexy. What else? What is the list of things that will keep us safe?

To be of any use, it must account for ALL the various ways we are sexually assaulted at work, school, by relatives, friends of family, etc. Not just drunken parties and alleys at 2:AM.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:40 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times
You already have an answer. Nobody needs to do a thing to protect themselves from having something bad happen.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:45 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,697,247 times
Why would you want to miss your change at becoming a #MeToo member? Think of all the politicians you can accost and harass. A chance at national fame, or at least a youtube moment. Paid interview for a magazine or a book deal.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:47 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,278,566 times
Democrats could always turn pro-guns... it would be a great way for women to protect themselves when out and about.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:51 PM

The best way to avoid crime is to be in a low crime area. A low crime area is any place with low crime committing people. If not being at risk for sexual assault is end all be all for you, maybe just hang out with females and stay in low crime areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies