Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2018, 09:27 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,730,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
I am not being naive though, women still want the the men with the most income and resources right???

I am interested in seeing how automation affects the feminist issue of the workforce too.
Your thinking itself is sexist. Women are not one homogenous group. Women are individuals, the same way men are. The fact that you think all women want the exact same thing from a partner is just as sexist and wrong as if a woman said "men still want the women with the biggest boobs". Sure some men may put that at the top of their wants in a partner, but many, many men do not.

Your assumption that women are all the same is sexist.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:27 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
What biz owners out there are going to be wild about hiring women after this crazed "I wuz raped and molested by ------- fill in the blank". Liberalism appears to be short sighted, and these crazies getting temp revenge have probably set women back 50 years.
Fifty years? I doubt that very seriously, not in these days and time.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:28 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
No thank you!

Unless I was living in Cali or in Japan perhaps
I’m sure you’d be the perfect person to lead it.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:29 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,719,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Your thinking itself is sexist. Women are not one homogenous group. Women are individuals, the same way men are. The fact that you think all women want the exact same thing from a partner is just as sexist and wrong as if a woman said "men still want the women with the biggest boobs". Sure some men may put that at the top of their wants in a partner, but many, many men do not.

But even the richest of women want those guys...

Please get that disgusting label off me, like I said I dealt with my hardships and nobody digs a **** on me

Old 10-04-2018, 09:30 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,719,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I’m sure you’d be the perfect person to lead it.
No thank you, I am sure you would do just fine empowering simps, nice guys and beta males though

Plenty of beta males need empowerment in countries like the United States, Sweden, Japan, South Korea, Canada and Australia

Old 10-04-2018, 09:31 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes, I just want to be able not to worry. My fiancé and I make decent money but we need a septic system and a roof. We both have physical jobs and probably not that long left before our bodies give out (both in our 50’s with spine issues). We don’t have nearly enough saved for that eventuality.

Some guys tend to think women want a man with a decent income so they could have a McMansion and a fancy car and fancy clothes. I don’t care about any of those things, but I do care that we’re not eating cat food when we’re 80. There is nothing shallow about that.
The way our "health care" system works though - for the average person it doesn't matter how much you have squirreled away, they are going to figure out a way to get it. You have to be a 1%er to avoid that fate.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:36 AM

482 posts, read 242,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
What biz owners out there are going to be wild about hiring women after this crazed "I wuz raped and molested by ------- fill in the blank". Liberalism appears to be short sighted, and these crazies getting temp revenge have probably set women back 50 years.
Supply and demand dictates that women are a more valuable resource in the workplace than men because they'll do the same amount of work for less pay.

If I owned an engineering firm, I would just hire all women and crush my competition. I don't know why nobody hasn't thought of this. The only way this wouldn't work would be if the age gap was BS.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:40 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
No thank you!

Unless I was living in Cali or in Japan perhaps
Therein lies the problem with a beta movement, none of them want to lead, or they wouldn't be betas.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:44 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
The way our "health care" system works though - for the average person it doesn't matter how much you have squirreled away, they are going to figure out a way to get it. You have to be a 1%er to avoid that fate.
Yes I know that. I pay $700 a month now, and as I get closer to 60 and then 64 it will skyrocket. I don't even go get my routine tests or vaccines done right now because I have a $3,000 deductible and the septic has to come first. Thank God my honey is a vet so we don't have to worry about his. But worry about income level of a potential partner is not a luxury in today's times.

As far as women reporting molestation incidents from way back, I can relate. It was different back then, people did not talk about those things, and often women would not be believed. These incidents coming out are leading to conversations among women. Even at work we are comparing notes, and it is amazing just how many of us have "incidents" we never told anyone about. I have several, beginning when I was age 7, regarding a neighbor who was a friend of our family. He never actually raped me, but he exposed himself to me multiple times and rubbed up against me several times. I didn't even understand what he was doing. About a year after the first "incident", he came close to raping me, when I tried to leave his home after I came by to return something my mom borrowed, he grabbed me and slammed the door and locked it and started trying to pull my pants down. For whatever reason, when I yelled "I'm gonna tell my mom!!!" he kind of snapped out of it, and let me leave.

I can't remember exactly what I said, but when I said something to my mom, she said "Well, stay away from him and don't go over there by yourself". That's it. He later married a woman with 2 little girls, and I was 18 by then. I saw those little girls playing in the yard, and knew I should warn their mom. But I didn't. I didn't think she would believe me. People didn't talk about it. Years later, he went to jail for molesting those girls. When he did, everyone in town was enraged that he went to jail, because he was active in the church and community and they thought the girls were lying because he was a good man to outsiders.

That was only one such incident, there are several more, one at age 11, and several as a teen. I never told anyone about any of them, including an actual rape when I was 18, by a NYC transit cop. Just like boys and girls molested by priests didn't talk about it, and once it started coming out, it came in a gusher by dozens of kids who endured it, this is the same.

Now in talking to other women, because of the women now making it okay to talk about out loud, women are discovering it was almost a universal experience among us.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 10-04-2018 at 10:06 AM..

Old 10-04-2018, 09:45 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post

Funny how that works. There are plenty of things that theoretically all women do that don't interest me, and I do things some hold that girls don't do.

I don't do makeup (my husband likes that too). I only have a few pairs of shoes and my favorite kind are Converse. I don't understand fashion. I don't collect purses or even usually use one. The only jewelry I often wear is my wedding ring.

I have played video games since the 80s and love all sorts of geeky stuff. Worked on a landscaping crew. Grew up dirt biking. Just lots of things.

And yet, I am still very much a woman.

I have said before that I would rather live in a box behind 7-11 with someone I love than a rich man I didn't love. Ok, it's hyperbole, but the general sentiment stands that money isn't everything. I told my husband to get me an 88 cent ring from Walmart as an engagement ring (and meant it) because what I cared about most was him. He didn't listen, ha. But I only have the one ring for both engagement and wedding.

Lol I'm not trying to say I am awesome or anything, just present my own example that no, we aren't all just after money or whatever

Last edited by latimeria; 10-04-2018 at 09:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies