Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2018, 11:46 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,717,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don't care about achievements and accomplishments, I'm quite content to be a worker-bee. Again, there is no "you all", but I will try to speak for others only to say I think what was and is still being fought for is equal pay (one egregious example is the U.S. Women's soccer team, who actually wins games, attracts bigger crowds and sells more merchandise than the Men's team but is paid far less) and equal opportunity, like the first female IBM CEO who wasn't allowed in the country club the company used for business deals until 2012, only 6 years ago.

Those women earned their accomplishments, but then hit roadblocks that existed only due to their gender. They just want the roadblocks removed.
OH GOD NOT THE "WAGE GAP" CANCER AGAIN

So where is the speaking up for male nurses, male models and male teachers???

Old 10-05-2018, 11:46 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Except I don't have anyone speaking up on me, but you GIRLS have a Metoo and literal laws in college campuses and whatnot..
You have centuries of laws and culture that has been consistently speaking up for you. And you yourself said that men will continue to be in charge forever. Why does someone who belongs to the group that controls everything need someone else to speak up for him?

Old 10-05-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Ah, if that’s true why are you whining like a little boy that you’re so persecuted? You’re simply not credible.
Then you are not in my shoes, I may not be systematically oppressed, does not make my obstacles and hardships any less hard to remember... Hey I guess even the minor racism I experienced doesn't do it eh?

Old 10-05-2018, 11:49 AM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
But why is the appeal mostly liberal women I beg to wonder
Because we have become a very divided country and forums and social media play up and increase the divide. I suppose back in the day when women were fighting for the right to vote, many conservative women were against it. Conservatives tend to like the status quo, IDK. Religion plays a role too I suppose. When my niece was very religious as a younger woman, she was very much a "I have to leave to make sure dinner is on the table" type of woman.

I'm not sure what you mean by "appeal" though. Women (and men) are just telling secrets they have kept buried for years, no different than the adults who started coming forward en masse as the Catholic church scandal began to break, eager to tell their stories that affected their lives so much. They certainly weren't liberal women, but mostly conservative men.

Old 10-05-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You have centuries of laws and culture that has been consistently speaking up for you. And you yourself said that men will continue to be in charge forever. Why does someone who belongs to the group that controls everything need someone else to speak up for him?
Does not mean those laws always heavily favored men, sure I will admit the patriarchy is also to blame here, but so is the nature of hyper-gamy and human competition...

Old 10-05-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Because we have become a very divided country and forums and social media play up and increase the divide. I suppose back in the day when women were fighting for the right to vote, many conservative women were against it. Conservatives tend to like the status quo, IDK. Religion plays a role too I suppose. When my niece was very religious as a younger woman, she was very much a "I have to leave to make sure dinner is on the table" type of woman.
So how should we control women's vote? The argument is a 50/50 of women like to vote for government programs all the time, the other half for even worse family paycheck programs???

Does the increased government spending make you think a bit or not???

Old 10-05-2018, 11:57 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Does not mean those laws always heavily favored men, sure I will admit the patriarchy is also to blame here, but so is the nature of hyper-gamy and human competition...
Uh, yeah, that's kind of the point. Patriarchy does mean those laws always heavily favored men.

Your victimhood throughout this thread is a direct symptom of a patriarchy on the wane. I'm afraid you are not going to like the future.

Old 10-05-2018, 11:57 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
So how should we control women's vote? The argument is a 50/50 of women like to vote for government programs all the time, the other half for even worse family paycheck programs???

Does the increased government spending make you think a bit or not???
Control the women's vote?

Old 10-05-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Uh, yeah, that's kind of the point. Patriarchy does mean those laws always heavily favored men.

Your victimhood throughout this thread is a direct symptom of a patriarchy on the wane. I'm afraid you are not going to like the future.
Neither are you, the average woman is becoming more disposable, more obsolete and more worthless...

But hey keep whining that male privilege is a thing, meanwhile men still suffer more from violence and bullying than women...

Old 10-05-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Control the women's vote?
Fine

Manipulate the vote

See what I am getting at?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies