Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 01:47 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,717,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
If you're going to quote someone's views as you did, you should specifically name them or link to their site. Goes for any topic.
Nope, cause then I will get accuse of just being brainwashed or being a misogynist

Old 10-07-2018, 01:55 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Nope, cause then I will get accuse of just being brainwashed or being a misogynist
It's plagiarism if someone (general) takes the exact words as you did and don't say who it belongs to and/or try to pass it off as your own. Just a tip for online, where I see it happen a lot.

Old 10-07-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
It's plagiarism if someone (general) takes the exact words as you did and don't say who it belongs to and/or try to pass it off as your own. Just a tip for online, where I see it happen a lot.
Here take the link

Just respect my views at least, you can disagree with them of course

The article even mentions that some causes of feminism are reasonable and have a point

Feminism Killed The Nice Guy

Old 10-07-2018, 02:20 PM

So I assume you took time to read it?

Old 10-07-2018, 02:35 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
So I assume you took time to read it?
I had already found it through GoogleFu, but people in this thread and any thread should be presented with the link or attribution within the thread. It's part of debate. I have already explained my stance on nice guys, including how women dont just wholesale avoid actual nice guys and so on, so I don't agree with much of what he specifically said in your quote. *Shrug*

Last edited by latimeria; 10-07-2018 at 02:49 PM..

Old 10-07-2018, 02:47 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
If you can't acknowledge that (some, not all) women report sexual harassment as a tactic to get ahead, keep their jobs, or get any easy money payoff, you are just being willfully dishonest.

The threat of false allegations looms over the head of every man in the workplace. That's something that is very hard to deal with.
I'm sure some do, but it is not common. I worked in HR, allegations were uncommon and carefully investigated. I only saw one in my time and my boss who worked in the field for decades told me that was one of only a few instances she'd dealt with. The men who suffered repercussions were shown to be guilty. One had been fired for it at a prior job that he hid from us.

I saw men accuse other men and women of stealing and other improper activities. People were often accused of claiming another's work product as their own. One can be falsely accused of anything by anybody trying to get ahead by using dishonest tactics. Pretending it's common for women to just throw around false sexual harassment claims because they are "upset" is also willfully dishonest.

Last edited by detshen; 10-07-2018 at 03:22 PM..

Old 10-07-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I'm sure some do, but it is not common. I worked in HR, allegations were uncommon and carefully investigated. I only saw one in my time and my boss who worked in the field for decades told me that was one of only a few instances she'd delt with. The men who suffered repercussions were shown to be guilty. One had been fired for it at a prior job that he hid from us.

I saw men accuse other men and women of stealing and other improper activities. People were often accused of claiming another's work product as their own. One can be falsely accused of anything by anybody trying to get ahead by using dishonest tactics. Pretending it's common for women to just throw around false sexual harassment clains because they are "upset" is also willfully dishonest.
So you must not be aware of how human resources today favor more women than men eh? 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Old 10-07-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Lol even I know this and I haven't been full time into the workforce yet
You should probably think about this a bit more. Explain how you "know" this? I have been in the workplace and worked in HR, Human Resources, it's the department that handles all employee issues, including sexual harassment. Claims are very uncommon and I've never heard of one that wasn't a clear violation of company policies and genuine, ongoing harassment. I've never heard of a case where a woman filed a claim simply because a woman was "upset."

Old 10-07-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
So you must not be aware of how human resources today favor more women than men eh? 🤔🤔🤔🤔
No, they don't. You may have been told that, but it doesn't make it true.

Old 10-07-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
No, they don't. You may have been told that, but it doesn't make it true.
Ok, then where do you work at???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies