Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 01:48 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Then why the gendered definitions of sexual harassment and rape to begin with?
Explain what you are talking about.

Old 01-29-2019, 01:52 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
^ This. Abuse is abuse and should not be tolerated by anyone of any sex, race, creed, etc.
Agreed. You should have so added political leanings.

Old 01-29-2019, 02:01 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Quote:
Who?

Also don't cherry pick, if you're gonna call out misogyny, again don't merely target white men, makes your cause only lose more credibility.

Misogyny can be caused by all men. Gay men, black men, Muslim men or Hispanic men.
I am curious when/if we will ever see a big SJW feminist outcry on misandry.

Old 01-29-2019, 02:38 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Conservative women who quote Rush Limbaugh are the ultimate Stepford wives. You allow a misogynist like that to frame the argument using terms like feminazi, and you fall in line right behind him, using language denigrating to women. And what's more, you're proud of it.

The generation of women coming up won't suffer these kind of men, or the women who give them power, the way previous generations did. It's a new century. Thankfully.
Quote:
I am proud of myself as a woman. You can keep your ilk and thank goodness I don't know any women like you. It is a new century and women like me won't be bullied by women like you.
You go redwood! You’re more of a real woman on your worse day than those liberal kool-aid drinkers could ever hope to be!

I wonder how many times jams has called out any of the hundreds of misogynist liberal men we read about all the time?

Hey jams, try these on for size.

Bill Clinton, Al Franken, John Conyers, Ben Affleck, Nelly, Chris Brown, Morgan Freeman,Tom Brokaw, Ryan Seacrest, Tavis Smiley, Robert DeNiro, most hip hop/rap performers, and on and on.

Let’s also include many devout Muslim males in the misogynistic category, since women are treated like crap under Islamic rule.

Gee jams, I guess it’s not just white, conservative men who can be misogynistic. Who knew!!

Old 01-29-2019, 02:49 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,720,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
You go redwood! You’re more of a real woman on your worse day than those liberal kool-aid drinkers could ever hope to be!

I wonder how many times jams has called out any of the hundreds of misogynist liberal men we read about all the time?

Hey jams, try these on for size.

Bill Clinton, Al Franken, John Conyers, Ben Affleck, Nelly, Chris Brown, Morgan Freeman,Tom Brokaw, Ryan Seacrest, Tavis Smiley, Robert DeNiro, most hip hop/rap performers, and on and on.

Let’s also include many devout Muslim males in the misogynistic category, since women are treated like crap under Islamic rule.

Gee jams, I guess it’s not just white, conservative men who can be misogynistic. Who knew!!
Could it be women love bad guys in disguise

Old 01-29-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Explain what you are talking about.
Why do we make sexual harassment and rape mere female issues?

Old 01-29-2019, 02:56 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Conservative women who quote Rush Limbaugh are the ultimate Stepford wives. You allow a misogynist like that to frame the argument using terms like feminazi, and you fall in line right behind him, using language denigrating to women. And what's more, you're proud of it.

The generation of women coming up won't suffer these kind of men, or the women who give them power, the way previous generations did. It's a new century. Thankfully.
"These kind of men" exist mostly in your head. It's your narrative of Evil White Males. Just admit you hate men, you will feel better for your honesty.

Old 01-29-2019, 02:58 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Why do we make sexual harassment and rape mere female issues?
The preponderance of rape that is prosecuted is committed by males. If males are raped they should report it just like women should. Likewise with sexual harassment. That it is not reported by men is not anyone's fault but those not reporting.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
The preponderance of rape that is prosecuted is committed by males. If males are raped they should report it just like women should. Likewise with sexual harassment. That it is not reported by men is not anyone's fault but those not reporting.
Even those that report, they get ridiculed

Old 01-29-2019, 06:06 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
"These kind of men" exist mostly in your head. It's your narrative of Evil White Males. Just admit you hate men, you will feel better for your honesty.
I disagree about what is going through womens heads. I raised 2 girls. I remember back when they were young teenagers they'd want me to go to the mall with them. There was a reason, the harassment. They could rarely walk through one even with me without getting some lewd comment, even a threat, thrown their way. 12, 13 year old girls stepping out into the world get an education real quick and learn to deal with such YOUNG MALE behavior.

MAKE NO MISTAKE. A lot of this behavior FROM MALES is carried far into their adult lives.

Women (especially younger women) have to deal with this crap on a near daily basis. To this day. Just last sunday some drunken jerk started "putting the moves" on my daughter in the freaking Safeway. The individual wouldn't get out of her face until her husband caught up with her and told him to move along or end up in the emergency room.

Deep down women are constantly having to be on guard mentally. I don't know how deep this furtive, cautious, defensive instinct goes but it carries great weight in their thoughts for very clearly evident reasons. "Those kinds of men" exist in womens heads because "those kinds of men" are still crawling around out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies