Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 01:22 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,959,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Or Kavanaugh who wants his female clerks to have a certain look. I wonder what look complements his angry drunken red nose look. These guys really do need to look in a mirror. lol. Of course they don't think they have to be attractive themselves to be entitled to have attractive young women around them. Even Trump's daughter had extensive plastic surgery and now looks like a mannequin.
Meowwwwww...

Old 10-08-2018, 01:23 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Newsweek opinion piece says that the GOP has lost women. The GOP never HAD liberal women, but if you are a conservative woman, has the GOP lost you? It hasn't lost me and I wanted to know your thoughts and where you guys stand.

Newsweek article: https://www.newsweek.com/republicans...pinion-1143284
Nah.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:24 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Women are splitting like the rest of the country. If you’re a non-college white woman from a rural area or small town, you’re probably solidly Republican. If you’re a white female college graduate in a suburb you may be trending Democratic or at least Independent, especially if you support free trade and/or are offended by increasingly overt appeals to race.
Wow, where do you get this from? I'm a white college educated suburban women and I certainly don't lean democrat, used to, but no more.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I don't know. Plenty of women buy into misogynistic social structure and reject feminism. They believe in women being "silent in the church" and being fully submissive to their husbands. There's also a lot of pro-life women who are dedicated to seeing Roe v Wade overturned. I imagine those people still support Trump. More moderate women? I'm not sure.
Yep, lots of those out there.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:29 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,292,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Not a Kentuckian, are you? Might have a different view of that slippery old traitor turtle McConnell if you were and kept up with him more closely. BTW, his "historic" claims re. SC nominations past just got clocked on network TV yesterday, and he didn't like it one bit. Tried - unsuccessfully - to pull rank: "You're not listening to me, John" (to the interviewer). Good grief - the arrogance and vanity of the man reek.

Old fool can't handle being found wrong. That's gonna be the way to get him out of office. Hit him hard, make sure your facts are right, and practice being just a glib as he is. Then sock him with the truth, not his fake version of it. And don't let him use that worn out line about "winners making policy and losers just going home" (referring to Kentuckian protestors) one more time. Deeply, deeply disrespectful and rude to his constituents whom he STILL is supposed to serve, even if they voted for his opponents.

McConnell also deeply indebted to Russian-favoring Ukrainian oligarchs who put over $3.5 million into his last campaign, so he has to sing their tune, which sure ain't "My Old Kentucky Home".

This Kentuckian and moderate Democrat can't wait to Ditch Mitch in 2020!
I’ve hated Mitch since his damned hound dog chased after Dee Huddleston in 1984. It was a dishonest ad that launched a disingenuous career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
What self respecting woman would remain in a party whose heroine is a woman standing by her unconvicted rapist husband?
What self respecting woman would remain in a party where the President is an admitted pu**y grabber and who makes fun of disabled people and sexual assault victims?

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^Just try. However, no one would believe you

^^^^Disgusting comment. Who cares what they look like? --- Besides you, that is.
Take a look at the smilies. Irony was my intent, which clearly sailed right over your head.

I don't give a hoot what they look like, but since Kavanaugh clearly made a deliberate effort to hire solely women over men who presumably applied for the same positions, it does call his action into question, especially since there is evidence that he only wanted female employees who had a "certain look" previously. An individual for whom this was not important would have likely wound up hiring an equal number of men and women, and looks and race would not be factors. Ability and intelligence would be.

If you followed my post history here, you'd know that your terming my ironic post "disgusting" could not be farther off the mark.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Why would they, they don't have to report anything for 30+ years
I believe you have just answered my question.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:31 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Not a Kentuckian, are you? Might have a different view of that slippery old traitor turtle McConnell if you were and kept up with him more closely. BTW, his "historic" claims re. SC nominations past just got clocked on network TV yesterday, and he didn't like it one bit. Tried - unsuccessfully - to pull rank: "You're not listening to me, John" (to the interviewer). Good grief - the arrogance and vanity of the man reek.

Old fool can't handle being found wrong. That's gonna be the way to get him out of office. Hit him hard, make sure your facts are right, and practice being just a glib as he is. Then sock him with the truth, not his fake version of it. And don't let him use that worn out line about "winners making policy and losers just going home" (referring to Kentuckian protestors) one more time. Deeply, deeply disrespectful and rude to his constituents whom he STILL is supposed to serve, even if they voted for his opponents.

McConnell also deeply indebted to Russian-favoring Ukrainian oligarchs who put over $3.5 million into his last campaign, so he has to sing their tune, which sure ain't "My Old Kentucky Home".

This Kentuckian and moderate Democrat can't wait to Ditch Mitch in 2020!
Good for you. You should vote how you like because that's how it works.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:35 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
He brought them with him likely from his former job. Word has it he does like to hire female clerks that are attractive.

LOL. There are people who take the stand being WRONGFULLY ACCUSED OF MURDER that managed not to rage-cry through their entire testimony like Bart O'Kav did.

Please. Give us a break.
Yep, some will cry and others will go ballistic. Everyone acts different. What, are we all robots who all act the same?

You can't honestly judge others when you haven't had to deal with it yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies