Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2018, 06:47 AM

28,840 posts, read 30,088,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Not a particularly huge surprise that young people have strong opinions and are highly emotional and tend to think that their cause is the most important cause, and that they know something that everyone else does not. To try to paint this as somehow exceptional is kinda silly.

Regardless of which side of the fence they are on in any case it's encouraging that someone, somewhere is actually taking an interest in the future of this country, as opposed to spending every waking minute entranced by electronic toys. Or drinking. Or partying.
I think the point people are trying to make, and correct me if I'm wrong, how in the world does one know who is guilty and who is not...

in this country your innocent until proven guilty? It's all about the power they want, so they whine and cry b/c they don't want a republican in there....and blame him b/c they fear someone else having that power....and that's what it's all about, simple.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 06:53 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,042,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Enraged, irrational and no self control what so ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=oS3Afp7nVdU

This is what insanity looks like.
YouTube again, BB?

Educated people scare you, don't they?

Old 10-04-2018, 08:58 AM

8,787 posts, read 4,445,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You saw your sister in the video?

In a way, since I do consider you my sister.

p.s. - you forgot your obligatory eyeroll thingie

Old 10-04-2018, 09:05 AM

8,787 posts, read 4,445,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
YouTube again, BB?

Educated people scare you, don't they?

Q. Why do you keep using person attacks instead of discussing the issue of left wing violence on campuses?

A. Because you approve of their behavior but know you can't defend it with exposing your own hatred and bigotry.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:07 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,677,919 times
Quote:
I've done a bunch of work over the last 30 years on that very campus.
Janitor?

BTW, do you believe that heavy alcohol consumption while in high school or college by students can cloud rational thinking?

Old 10-04-2018, 09:09 AM

18,423 posts, read 9,048,002 times
I was raised by people who believe that the earth is 10,000 years old and that humans were once immortal until a talking snake tricked them with a piece of fruit.

Then I went to college and learned math and science.

One of the things you learn in college is that extreme outliers are not a good way of determining the mean. Applied to this case, one woman burning her bra is not indicative of the norm.

Last edited by Freak80; 10-04-2018 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: autocorrect snafu

Old 10-04-2018, 09:28 AM

16,935 posts, read 12,485,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
"Rational People are Rare at College Campus"

I don't know if that's actually true. It's just that there are enough of the disturbed, spoiled irrational kind, and they get all the publicity. The rational people studying in the library for their engineering finals hardly get the same coverage.

Now, if you made the statement "Rational Professors are rare in Liberal Arts fields"-I think you'd make a better case.
This. I work with college kids. The engineering and business kids mostly do not hang out with the political crazies. Thermodynamics is hard, ranting takes away from time not failing thermodynamics. They are not in the habit of kamikaze runs against SJW unmovable walls of crazy so they ignore it and work toward graduating.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:31 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,079,583 times
I suggest spending some time on one.... or several.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:37 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,897,066 times
Quote:
Enraged, irrational and no self control what so ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=oS3Afp7nVdU

This is what insanity looks like.

Hmmmm...
Let's see, what can those children be charged with?
1. Littering
2. Public profanity
3. Inciting to riot (?)
4. Creating a public disturbance
5. Other violations of the law, depending on the local laws and college rules

How many were arrested?
None?
Ya think maybe that's why they think (know) they can do this stuff without fear of repercussions?

Old 10-04-2018, 09:41 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,079,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Hmmmm...
Let's see, what can those children be charged with?
1. Littering
2. Public profanity
3. Inciting to riot (?)
4. Creating a public disturbance
5. Other violations of the law, depending on the local laws and college rules

How many were arrested?
None?
Ya think maybe that's why they think (know) they can do this stuff without fear of repercussions?
Nobody got hurt. Sheesh. Students on college campuses disagree on all sorts of political issues. Tearing up a sign and yelling at each other about politics is hardly a pearl-clutching moment.

Do I disagree with ripping up a sign? Sure. I wouldn't do it myself, even if I did disagree with it, unless someone was waving it in my face and chanting at me while I tried to walk to class.

But, over to the side, minding their own business? The logical thing is to let them be.

Teenagers aren't always logical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies