Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 04:17 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times

Advertisements

“Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 04:25 AM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Excellent article here that sums up how I feel about Trump. Trumpism is about anger and hate of reactionary social conservatives and rejoicing in the suffering of the people they hate. To them this is payback. This is a show of white Christian power in this country that will go down in the history books. Our system of government is really being put to the test.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-point/572104/
Do you have a job - as I think you have too much time on your hands and not enough outside interests.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:57 AM

24,555 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
“Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty.”

Yep. Deflection. They're still chanting "lock her up" when Trump is likely guilty of hundreds of millions of dollars worth of tax fraud. The New York Times doesn't publish things like that without checking their facts first.

The thing I don't understand is the whole illegal immigration issue. The rich people who back the Republicans to keep taxes low want lots of illegals to have a cheap labor force. Who is going to pick their lettuce? Who is going to mow their lawn or clean their toilets? Those aren't jobs American citizens want.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:00 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,643,053 times
Letters containing deadly poison sent to Gen. Mattis and Sen. Cruz.
First the Democrats poisoned the Judicial Hearings for Judge Kavanaugh, now their thuggish worker ants are busy attempting to kill a Trump appointee and a Republican Senator by lethal poison. It figures that the campaign to oust the hated President has now morphed into attempted murder. Criminal gangs of Democrats have already been ordered by Congresswoman Maxine Waters to attack and beat the hell out of any Republican leaders they encounter in stores, on the streets and even smash into their offices to maim or incapacitate. Recall the shooting of House member Steve Scalise at baseball practice by an enraged Democrat and the rib smashing attack on Senator Rand Paul on his own lawn by a furious Democrat neighbor. In their minds, these Progressives are doing good deeds by their attempted murders of the hated enemy. They just follow orders given them by their leaders. A Progressive university professor has just called for the killing of Republicans. It will get worse, believe me.

The only way we can fight back other than walking around armed to the teeth and running the risk of our lives against those lunatics, is to stand up proudly as Conservatives to our Liberal friends, neighbors and relatives who are all brainwashed to support this new plan of terror against us. And we must get out the vote and vote ourselves. We cannot wait any longer. This election is it! Lose it and we lose our sense of self worth.....and throw in our freedoms!

Old 10-04-2018, 05:08 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Excellent article here that sums up how I feel about Trump. Trumpism is about anger and hate of reactionary social conservatives and rejoicing in the suffering of the people they hate. To them this is payback. This is a show of white Christian power in this country that will go down in the history books. Our system of government is really being put to the test.

" This is a show of white Christian power"

AH, the eve anti-Christian and race cards.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:12 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Just because Trump is not PC does not mean he is hateful or cruel. So you either believe it because you only read leftist publications/sources, or have been brainwashed by the 90%+ of negative stories done about him by the MSM.
Heck it was just last month he made a fist pump type of gesture on 9/11 that was twisted to imply improper decorum for the event. In reality the pictures you didn't see was him responding to supporters and a ill child which he embraced.
That is the type of fake news which shows how leftist and unprincipled the media has become, and many of you are not even aware how much you are manipulated.

Rest assured there are times when I cringe over some of Trumps tweets and things he focuses on, but I also see a lot of the good things he is doing as well.
I do not allow the MSM false narrative of him to blind me to the good like some apparently do.
He is your president just like Obama was mine. Yet I didn't find fault with every single breath Obama and his family took like those with TDS are suffering with over Trump.

Food for thought.

MOST people get their "news" for the alphabet TV stations and 80 to 90% has been NEGATIVE toward Trump IGNORING the GOOD things he has done and the results of these things, so it is no wonder so many DON'T like him.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:17 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Just like the last time, the Democrats need to put up an electable candidate. Elizabeth Warren ain't it. Ideally, you'd have a pragmatic centerist governor as your candidate. When you look at the list of Democratic governors, nobody jumps out.
Given that the Dem base is as unhinged as the GOP base... NOT likely.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:22 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:

I could care less about your feelings.

No mater how many more false accusation are made nations don't run on emotion.

No country could or should govern by them if people want something lasting. Emotions die with the people who have them.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:25 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,274,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I think Trumps drivers are greed, avarice and ego. 2-year-olds don't like to share their toys. When you're 72, that becomes taxes and government regulations telling him he can't do something. I don't think there's any intentional cruelty. Trump just doesn't care about anything but himself.
I agree with you. I'll also agree that there are a small number of Trump supporters that do hate "others". The OP has some issues with Christianity, though, and can't seem to understand that not everyone who voted for Trump is an evangelical with a hatred of gays.

OP, Independents voted for Trump. Democrats voted for Trump. Unaffiliated voters voted for Trump. The reasons are varied and complicated. You should maybe seek some counseling.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:26 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:

If you change "reactionary social conservatives" to knee jerk, vengeful leftists you'll have it about right.

There are few groups who are driven by hatred, need for control, anti American, Christian hating, greedy, sneaky, vicious and heartless more than the liberal leftists Democrats......and even those other few are connected to the leftist in one way or another.

The left accuse conservatives of what they themselves are guilty of.

Distraction worked for them back in the day. Nowadays? Not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies