Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 01:03 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
That anyone would think putting a guy who lied and lies on the SCOTUS is a good idea is mind boggling. That's what young people are being taught today.
This is the bottom line. Here's what we're teaching kids:

It's OK to lie - a prospective Supreme Court justice does it under oath.
It's OK to ridicule people in public and through social media - the president of the United States does it.
It's OK to assault women - the president of the United States does that, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Yet the same SJW liberal feminist who has the "believe the sexual assault/rape victim at all costs"-type mentality might also say this young man is sexist for not trusting some women.
That makes absolutely no sense. You wanna try again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 04:22 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,381,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
We have equal dignity now. I was raised with 3 older brothers, and taught that i can do whatever i want in life if i am willing to work hard. I joined the military, (mostly men), and did air traffic control for 8 years. Received many controller of the year awards, and trainer of the year awards. Was thecliason for 2 flying squadrons and gave monthly briefings to large groups of pilots.
Then got into the car business and worked my way up to being the gen mgr of a jaguar dealership and a dodge dealership. Again, male dominated career fields.
Never sexually assaulted. If someone madecan inappropriate remark, i came back with a killer sarcastic remark that put them in their place, and let them know not to screw with me. (No pun intended).Never held back due to gender. In the car busibess, i made sure that i knew the vehicles inside and out, plus the competitors vehicles. I had to, because i didnt want to be stereotyped as a girl that knew nothing about cars. Was that unfair? No. I had the advantage of not having the stereotype of a shady used car salesman, and i instantly put people at ease by being a woman.
We all have advantages and disadvantages in life. That makes us equal...not the same, but equal. Woman need to start being smarter, and not use gender as an excuse. And not send out mixed signals. I dressed professionally, and didnt flirt with men i worked with. If hit on or insulted dealt with it right then. I really can't identify with many liberal women, that want to be victims and claim that men are so awful.

We are not talking about words/jobs. We are talking about physical harm.

I too made it working in male dominated occupations. I worked hard and learned to be smarter by investigating and educating myself on how to do it better. I outperformed my male colleagues.

I am now 64 years old. I still can't forget being raped. It haunts me every day and I relive it. It warped my life. I didn't even understand what had happened to me until 20 years later when I went in to therapy for some life problems and discovered then what it was called that happened to me. But by that time it is already past the statute of limitations.

You are young and have a good head about you and I hope you will help your sisters who are not as fortunate.

Old 10-06-2018, 04:41 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What exactly was the 'punishment' in this situation? Not being promoted from one of the highest courts in the land to the highest court in the land?

Come on.

I do not say that every accuser must be believed. I saw that Christine Ford was a very credible witness and anyone evaluating the situation has every right to believe her.

Tell me, do you apply the same standards to men who come forward to accuse pedophile priests? Because I tend to believe them. Most of us do. We feel for them; we shed a tear for their innocence lost.

But we do NOT give women that same consideration. THAT is what I'm saying.

And, yes, statistics matter - they just do. There are maybe 1-5% of false accusations. There are 75% of rapists that are NEVER reported; never accused.

I'm all in favor of a way to figure this out but PLENTY of rape cases are he siad/she said. In that instance, we evaluate the credibility of witnesses OR we automatically believe the rapist. Those are our choices.
1) The Pedo-priests have been busted just like weinstein and cosby with a boat load of allegations and trials.

2) I 100% agree with you that we do not always believe these allegations like we should and give them proper consideration. With that said, I 100% support #metoo. I have young women important to me, I'm not an ogre.

3) The Ford allegation presents insufficient details for any alibi. If an accuser cannot muster enough details of the event so that the person in question can't even respond with a rebuttal, there is no court in the land that would prosecute it. Where? Don't know. When? Don't know.

4) Statistics do not matter in arriving at individual judgments. If you want to cite statistics about the extent of the problem, then I 100% agree with you.

5) Rape cases can be anything from easy to prosecute (pervert in the park grabbing jogger) to difficult (see Kobe Bryant rape case). I think we can agree upon this.

6) I personally would love to see more rapists caught and jailed. Fortunately improved technology helps us solve these cases as well as exonerate the wrongfully accused.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:38 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Yet the same SJW liberal feminist who has the "believe the sexual assault/rape victim at all costs"-type mentality might also say this young man is sexist for not trusting some women.
true.....but I doubt he would care...nor anyone else for that matter.
It would just be an assumption anyways, and not worthy even of consideration...to anyone with a mind of their own.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:38 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso Gil View Post
We need new laws to stop this nonsense. Filing a false police report when the allegations can result in years in prison gets a slap on the wrist punishment, if any.

About 110 years ago, NJ passed the first law banning drunk driving. Now it's illegal in every state, and few people think it's bad to throw drunk drivers in jail.

Evil cold-hearted women who make false rape allegations are this century's DUI -- it is time to throw them in JAIL where they belong!

These witches also need to be ordered to pay restitution to their victim. If it takes them the rest of their lives to earn the money that gets garnished to pay it, good. This type of antisocial ruinous behavior should be taken very seriously.

I am going to assume you are using sarcasm here, otherwise you are part of a tiny tiny group, a group so small it might be just you.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:46 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

2) I 100% agree with you that we do not always believe these allegations like we should and give them proper consideration. With that said, I 100% support #metoo. I have young women important to me, I'm not an ogre.

You're suggesting that anyone who doesn't specifically support #metoo supports the young women in his life being raped and is therefore an ogre. You're smarter than that.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:50 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
This was a job interview and his truthfulness was being assessed. Or rather, wasn't really, but should have been.

I spent 2 hours in a job interview with a CEO years ago. After that interview I told my friends a proctology exam would have been less intrusive. That CEO grilled me, asked me if I'd ever lie (I truthfully said yes and when he asked for an example I gave him one, but then he didn't like the example), he asked me questions about my family, what my father did for a living...all kinds of things. This job was actually for 3 or 4 levels below the CEO. In other words, not that important, and certainly not a job that would affect people's lives for decades to come.

Whether you believe Ford or don't believe Ford put that aside. Kavenaugh swore to tell the truth under oath. He did not tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. That people hand wave all that away and declare no big deal shows how much society has slid down. That anyone would think putting a guy who lied and lies on the SCOTUS is a good idea is mind boggling. That's what young people are being taught today.
Where's your proof that he lied under oath? I'll wait..............

Old 10-08-2018, 11:51 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Why do guys think this subject is all new? Today it has just come to a tipping point as truth is finally being revealed for what it is. Some men seek revenge, raise their anger and close their minds (but not their zippers). Their reaction is what women are fighting against. The more men fight against women the harder it's going to get for them.

I am swinging away from being a victim to being antagonistic on this issue. Guys if you think things are hard for you now just watch out. It's going to get worse until we get what we want - equal dignity. Women are rising up against you and your political corruption. Left or right you are on our radar.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:51 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
I am not having children, but if I ever had a boy I would not raise him in America period.
naw, you would not need to worry, your boy would grow up fine, you just need to teach them respect and empathy early in life. Most men are good people who are vastly more likely to intervene than assault, so you really don't have anything to worry about.

Unless maybe you are making some flippant remark pretending there is some reason to fear for the safety of white men? If that is it, well then hard luck nobody is buying that story apart from the trumpers who spend their lives playing the victim...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies