Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 01:41 PM

11,247 posts, read 11,020,697 times

Advertisements

Two scumbags off the streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2018, 01:48 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
He wouldn't. OP is clearly low information.
Yes, he could. Due process violation can be heard by SCOTUS. Jury pool public was bombarded with fake news about white cops indiscriminately killing blacks. That tainted the pool and due process. Though I agree it would be rare if SCOTUS took the case.

Old 10-05-2018, 01:50 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Yes, he could. Due process violation can be heard by SCOTUS. Jury pool public was bombarded with fake news about white cops indiscriminately killing blacks. That tainted the pool and due process. Though I agree it would be rare if SCOTUS took the case.
The jury watched the video. Case closed.

Old 10-05-2018, 01:57 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
The jury reached the same conclusion any fair minded individual who watched the video would. 16 shots was disgusting for a suspect walking away from the officer.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:01 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Jury found the cop guilty:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-McDonald.html

Mcdonalds was attacking cop cars and innocent people before trying to escape with a knife. I hope Kavanaugh overturns.
Kid was slashing tires and declined to put the knife down.

Officer pumped 16 bullets into him.

CPD then engaged in a massive cover- up.

Chief of Police was fired.

City settled with his mother who had a long track record of favoring her addiction over her child.

The verdict was not unexpected.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:03 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
I saw the whole video that includes all the reports of the Laquan attacking people bedore they caught up to him.
What reports?

Old 10-05-2018, 02:03 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Jury found the cop guilty:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-McDonald.html

Mcdonalds was attacking cop cars and innocent people before trying to escape with a knife. I hope Kavanaugh overturns.

Actually, he was a suspect in radio thefts/car break-ins.

The video speaks for itself. The only surprise is that it took the jurors 7 hours to render a verdict.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:04 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Actually, he was a suspect in radio thefts/car break-ins.

The video speaks for itself. The only surprise is that it took the jurors 7 hours to render a verdict.
They were probably deliberating between the 1st and 2nd degree murder options they had.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:05 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
One of the worst police shootings I have ever seen. Give this murderer life without parole.
30 years is the max here although he's going to do a lot less than that. I was a serious lack of judgement and in my opinion, murder. 2nd degree will get him a reduced sentence though, I expect he'll do around 10 years.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:05 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,204 times
Quote:
Thats funny since this cop indiscriminately killed a black man in this case!
You really think breaking into cars and carrying a knife warrants 9 bullets in the back while on the ground?
Are you a sadist? Do you just enjoy watching people getting bullets pumped into them by crazed lunatics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies