Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 10:09 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,332,340 times

Advertisements

So pathetic and superficial . Liberals are desperate to attack this fine woman .
The same group that claims to be all about respecting women .. blah blah blah

They really think she’s going to Africa to “colonize” it ?
——
The first lady is being criticized for wearing a white pith helmet, the style of which has historical links to colonial rule in Africa.

Trump wore the helmet during a safari at the Nairobi National Park in Nairobi, Kenya, on Friday.

People on social media were quick to draw comparisons between Trump's look and colonizer garb.

"That colonial hat! Let them eat cake Melania," one Twitter user shared.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ca/1547589002/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 10:49 AM

8,817 posts, read 4,472,908 times
Left Wing Loony Tunes are so blinded by hate that they will use any excuse (or none at all) to launch an attack on any Trump.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:04 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,122,773 times
Twitter users must be right, otherwise OP wouldn't sound so defensive.

https://twitter.com/UmbertoBagg/stat...70993638297600

Old 10-06-2018, 11:10 AM

27,534 posts, read 15,975,765 times
she looked awesome. Haters gonna hate. Bigly sad

Old 10-06-2018, 11:12 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,580,017 times
but what about her shoes??

she looked classy, as usual.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:14 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,042,159 times
Look, I personally love the FLOTUS and think that she’s the only good thing about this rotten ass Administration. I’ve heaped nothing but praise on her.

That said, the white Pith helmet is a bit much. Especially on THAT continent in a black nation. A lot of you simply have no idea just how traumatizing colonialism was in other nations because you’ve never lived thru it. Have at least a lil sensitivity.

I’ll excuse her somewhat because she’s from Slovenia and likely doesn’t know any better. She’s probably never been taught about the history of Europeans in Sub-Saharan Africa or anywhere else.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:43 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,377,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Look, I personally love the FLOTUS and think that she’s the only good thing about this rotten ass Administration. I’ve heaped nothing but praise on her.

That said, the white Pith helmet is a bit much. Especially on THAT continent in a black nation. A lot of you simply have no idea just how traumatizing colonialism was in other nations because you’ve never lived thru it. Have at least a lil sensitivity.

I’ll excuse her somewhat because she’s from Slovenia and likely doesn’t know any better. She’s probably never been taught about the history of Europeans in Sub-Saharan Africa or anywhere else.
I could be wrong, but didn't some Black colonizers of other Black nations in some African countries also wear the pith helmet? If so, then there is some potential SJW hypocrisy going on.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:12 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,580,017 times
even she is wising up to the stupid leftist MSM...talk about my trip, not what Im wearing.... good for her

Old 10-06-2018, 12:19 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,899,992 times
Melania seems to be lacking some plain old common sense. The optics of her fashion choices are sometimes just downright awful, and Mel is a former fashion model at that.

Remember the snarky controversy over the stiletto heels she wore to board Air Force One on her way to Houston to do a little PR for the victims of Harvey? My favorite was when she wore that coat emblazoned with the words "I don't care. Do U?" on her way to visit migrant children separated from their parents.

That pith helmet was just stupid. It reminds me of the government officials who go before the cameras proclaiming all is well and wearing. articles of clothing that are normally provided to Forest Service and Hot Shot firefighters. All this little performance does is to make the Governor or Congressperson wearing them look like an idiot.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:48 PM

10,587 posts, read 4,226,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Melania seems to be lacking some plain old common sense. The optics of her fashion choices are sometimes just downright awful, and Mel is a former fashion model at that.

Remember the snarky controversy over the stiletto heels she wore to board Air Force One on her way to Houston to do a little PR for the victims of Harvey? My favorite was when she wore that coat emblazoned with the words "I don't care. Do U?" on her way to visit migrant children separated from their parents.

That pith helmet was just stupid. It reminds me of the government officials who go before the cameras proclaiming all is well and wearing. articles of clothing that are normally provided to Forest Service and Hot Shot firefighters. All this little performance does is to make the Governor or Congressperson wearing them look like an idiot.
The "I don't care. Do U?" coat is proof that its not a lack of common sense at all, its clearly intentional.
She knows what will push the buttons.
And the more she riles up the media, the more support she gains, because America doesn't like it when the media attacks the First Lady.
She is using the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies