Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 12:04 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Nobody's got the time to sit and watch an hour long video. We have to work 3 jobs to support all the illegal invaders rushed into America by insane leftists and George Soros. Everyone, be sure to thank a democrat for their hard work destroying America...

Yes, I think that you are open minded. Don't think that the Republicans are not complicit in keeping down the cost of labor for corporations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 12:11 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,960,264 times
I watched this whole documentary (I think ist was close to an hour and a half). My conclusion is that politics has always been corrupt and undemocratic and this documentarian just found out about it. How did the country swing from Jimmy Carter to Ronald Reagan? Propaganda and a decades long concerted effort to swing the government to the right. Reagans campaign slogan was "Make America Great Again". Sound familiar? How did Germany swing from the Weimar Republic to Adolph Hitler and the Nazi Party before WWII? Propaganda and financing by Harriman and Prescott Bush.
The rich have always run the country and done whatever was necessary to prevent a people's takeover of even a small part of their wealth and power. It used to be a dirty secret, but now it is more flagrant than ever, but it hasn't really changed, and people are more deluded than ever.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Nobody's got the time to sit and watch an hour long video. We have to work 3 jobs to support all the illegal invaders rushed into America by insane leftists and George Soros. Everyone, be sure to thank a democrat for their hard work destroying America...
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
You seem to be looking for confirmation of your bias.
When we follow the money the source isn't unknown.
Its often documented and tracked to the source.
Just b/c/ you post a video today doesn't mean others haven't viewed it last week.

It is a good video and important subject, Thanks for posting it.

Gentlemen, take a look at post 9. It says that watching Fox News is worse than watching no news at all. Andywire, since time is so precious to you, it's a shame that Fox News wastes what little time that you have.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
I watched this whole documentary (I think ist was close to an hour and a half). My conclusion is that politics has always been corrupt and undemocratic and this documentarian just found out about it. How did the country swing from Jimmy Carter to Ronald Reagan? Propaganda and a decades long concerted effort to swing the government to the right. Reagans campaign slogan was "Make America Great Again". Sound familiar? How did Germany swing from the Weimar Republic to Adolph Hitler and the Nazi Party before WWII? Propaganda and financing by Harriman and Prescott Bush.
The rich have always run the country and done whatever was necessary to prevent a people's takeover of even a small part of their wealth and power. It used to be a dirty secret, but now it is more flagrant than ever, but it hasn't really changed, and people are more deluded than ever.

Thanks for taking the time to watch the video and thanks for your thoughtful response.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:48 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Until they attach conditions for the donation like guaranteeing that the candidate will vote for right to work laws. PHMA, you can be conservative and be well informed too. Watch the video unless you are afraid that you might learn something.
Apparently you can make accusation about which you know nothing.
I have watched the video and yes there were things I didn't know in it. It didn't change my mind one bit. I was against the SCOTUS ruling and have never at any time thought that corporations were people or should be considered as people either before or after the ruling in relation to politics. I still hold that it is a violation of states rights. Its wrong on all levels of we the people.

It puts representation by both the left and right in the shadows and supports an environment of corruption and both parties participate in it. So that is the balance. Disgusting as it may be.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:53 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Gentlemen, take a look at post 9. It says that watching Fox News is worse than watching no news at all. Andywire, since time is so precious to you, it's a shame that Fox News wastes what little time that you have.

I don't watch FOX news. I don't even watch TV. Nice try though. Go back to your couch and continue rotting your brain with the idiot box. Whatever helps you cope with, or escape reality.

Old 10-06-2018, 01:21 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Do you think that post #9 is some declaration of truth needing to be chiseled in stone.
It more like chiseling the truth itself to present a bias view of some proposed secret truth that can only be recognized by reading the next fortune cookie.

The SCOTUS ruling was a conservative ruling but it has done as much damage to the conservatives if not more. The censorship of conservative opinions by SM is a testament to the damage.

The left is using the ruling to their advantage and having much success with it. Are we to think they want to give that up ? Not likely.

Old 10-06-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Do you think that post #9 is some declaration of truth needing to be chiseled in stone.

Frankly yes. Corporate America has an agenda and Fox News is their delivery device. Other than Dick Cheney, I don't know of anyone with a good education that takes the station seriously. Every day they've got some news blond who keeps the average post pubescent male glued to the screen not missing a word.

You have been conditioned.

Do you consider corporate control of our government acceptable? Many issues that Fox News has taught you to accept are of corporate value and have nothing to do with conservative values.

Last edited by Tonyafd; 10-06-2018 at 04:33 PM..

Old 10-06-2018, 04:06 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Both parties have recently thrown around the term Dark Money. The following documentary explains what you need to know about our democracy and how our politicians are influenced.
Here is the link: https://www.pbs.org/pov/darkmoney/vi...home_slideshow
And Trump has done nothing about it!
He is just like the last long line of presidents.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/201...filling-it-up/

Drain the swamp? Lobbyists are filling it up.

President Donald Trump promised to drain the swamp. Instead, it’s filling up.

For the first time since 2007, the number of registered lobbyists along with federal lobbying spending each went up, reversing annual declines that began a decade ago.

In all, $3.37 billion was spent on federal lobbying last year, up 7 percent from $3.15 billion in 2016. The increase comes after declines in spending five of the previous six years, rising less than 1 percent the other year.

The 7-percent gain is the largest year-to-year bump since former President George W. Bush’s final year in office in 2008. A crackdown on lobbyists by the Obama administration curtailed years of free spending, which rose from $1.6 billion in 2000 to a record $3.5 billion in 2010.

Old 10-06-2018, 04:08 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Yes, I think that you are open minded. Don't think that the Republicans are not complicit in keeping down the cost of labor for corporations.
The Cheap Labor Express will be the death of this country.
They want this country to look like some third world s* hole.

I think it is time to throw the Corporate and Banking Lobbyists out of Washington DC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies