Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 08:34 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
I'm curious to know how supporters and opponents of Kavanaugh would feel if, over the next few months, some strong evidence comes to light, one way or the other, concerning Ford's claims about Kavanaugh. Obviously Dems have plenty of other reasons to hate Kavanaugh, politically, but would they still think he is a monster? And how would conservatives feel if it turns out that Kavanaugh did actually commit this crime against Ford?
Only if criminal charges were brought up. Which he's past the statute of limitations. So, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
I'm curious to know how supporters and opponents of Kavanaugh would feel if, over the next few months, some strong evidence comes to light, one way or the other, concerning Ford's claims about Kavanaugh. Obviously Dems have plenty of other reasons to hate Kavanaugh, politically, but would they still think he is a monster? And how would conservatives feel if it turns out that Kavanaugh did actually commit this crime against Ford?
No one would care.

We are all firmly entrenched in our positions on Team Red or Team Blue. No room for discussion or compromise. One wins or one loses. Period.

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
The next evidence will be the first evidence. That is an extremely important observation that opponents of Justice Kavanaugh have stubbornly refused to give proper respect to.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:35 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,943,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The next evidence will be the first evidence. That is an extremely important observation that opponents of Justice Kavanaugh have stubbornly refused to give proper respect to.
Seems to me you have absolutely no idea what "evidence" is.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:38 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I see this unhinged angry and divisive behavior all the time in my community by democrats.Excluding Trump, Republicans just don’t act like this. Democrats are ALWAYS ANGRY. Even when they win, they find new things to be constantly outraged over.
Maybe it’s a genetic “anger” gene they inherit?
We’re angry because the idiot in office has no respect for anyone that doesn’t agree with him. He mocks everything we stand for. He thrives on the suffering of others. He gaslights the country with so much misinformation. His supporters cheer him on as he destroys this country. We are the laughing stock around the world.

He could be changing policies like he is doing now while trying to unite us. Instead anything that is wrong is the fault of the Democratic Party. It is infuriating, no one holds this man accountable for his actions.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:40 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
If impeachment is the next phase in Democrats denying an overly qualified man on the Supreme court they will further tear this country apart.
That's the plan they have - Impeach the President and Impeach Justice Kavanaugh.

They the Leftist Press, former TeamObama and all the dems and Leftists will be crying about " Republicans, Deplorables and President Trump are "tearing this Country apart with their incivility.

Of course these idjits really think "Impeachment Hearings" are not going to "tear this country apart'.
It's a SURE THING that is exactly what they WILL do if the Democrats win back the House.

Their Mob won't allow they to do otherwise. Some are even campaigning on it.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:42 AM

34,004 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I see this unhinged angry and divisive behavior all the time in my community by democrats.Excluding Trump, Republicans just don’t act like this. Democrats are ALWAYS ANGRY. Even when they win, they find new things to be constantly outraged over.
Maybe it’s a genetic “anger” gene they inherit?
I agree. I do think the Center for Disease Control should study it, btw.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:45 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
Liberals constantly tell us that we need to be lenient to criminals. Job applications shouldn’t ask about prior convictions. Black men are being rounded up and thrown in jail unjustly. Drug users should be left alone. Illegal aliens should be treated as citizens. Etc.

So I would say that even if the allegations could be proven, what a person did a a drunken teenager shouldn’t be held against them decades later.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:50 AM

3,429 posts, read 2,730,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
So I would say that even if the allegations could be proven, what a person did a a drunken teenager shouldn’t be held against them decades later.
I would agree, if he had said: "I don't remember doing this, but I was drinking heavily back in those days, so I can't say for certain that her claims are false. If I did assault her, then I am extremely sorry." Etc. But that is not what he did.

It seems possible that he was basically committing perjury in front of the Senate. And that is different than a 36 year old crime.

But, worst of all, the Senators rammed the confirmation through without a full FBI investigation. If there really wasn't any evidence to worry about, then why rush it so much? Why not give the FBI an extra week or two to follow up on all of the credible leads?

Old 10-07-2018, 08:55 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times
Quote:
I would agree, if he had said: "I don't remember doing this, but I was drinking heavily back in those days, so I can't say for certain that her claims are false. If I did assault her, then I am extremely sorry." Etc. But that is not what he did.

It seems possible that he was basically committing perjury in front of the Senate. And that is different than a 36 year old crime.
It's not perjury unless you can't prove he's lying. Basically committing perjury is the same as saying I'm basically a fish living on a reef.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies