Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 11:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It’s shocking to me how the crazy people are able to get so close to them. I recall there being tight security for congress at all times. (Congressional baseball shooting had armed security to stop the attack)
One issue is the Democrat Senators/House members are hiring young loons freshly indoctrinated from the halls of liberal colleges. These youngsters haven't grown up enough to realize what you should or shouldn't do in the "adult" world.
They've also been taught over their 4 years steeped in liberalism that respect and decorum along with societal rules don't apply when you meet someone from the opposite party or someone who believes differently than you. You are allowed,no REQUIRED in order to keep your liberal creds to "get in their faces" and toss a tantrum using any vile language that pops into their heads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

7,269 posts, read 4,210,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Good luck trying to convince anyone this is evidence (with some (4) just outright conspiracy theories from - as far as I know or at least thru 4chan) ... the others distorted.

And speaking of 4chan ... one of the young relatives who was in the EveryLady household last night is an acquaintance of one of the 4chan founders (though he's now moved on to google or some such place). What a fascinating world that is !!!

Those aren't conspiracy theories or distorted - unless you are a liberal democrat who doesn't want to hear the truth.

19,201 posts, read 16,679,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It’s shocking to me how the crazy people are able to get so close to them. I recall there being tight security for congress at all times. (Congressional baseball shooting had armed security to stop the attack)
As one commentator put it, senators want to be able to let the public come there and talk to them so voters don't seem so far removed from politics but in light of the way these loons are acting, safety come first. I can't imagine what things will be like in another five or ten years. It's really shocking and disturbing to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Hell, one intern on a Senators staff went as far as to confront the President as he was walking to a meeting in the Capitol and curse at him.
Nope, sanity, decorum and respect have left the Left...
Exactly. I just learned that an intern for one of the senators leaked home addresses of three senators to a group of protesters some time this past month. The intern was fired for it. Not sure if they were arrested but they certainly should have been.

Old 10-07-2018, 11:34 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
McLean issued a brief statement to ABC News disputing this allegation: “I have NEVER had Christine Blasey Ford, or anybody else, prepare me, or provide any other type of assistance whatsoever in connection with any polygraph exam I have taken at anytime.”
I just want to point out that Ford's ex boyfriend said that she helped McLean prepare for a POTENTIAL polygraph test. He didn't say McLean actually took the test.

Quote:
“During some of the time we were dating, Dr. Ford lived with Monica L. McLean, who I understood to be be her life-long best friend,” the ex-boyfriend, whose name was redacted from the statement he gave to the Senate, wrote. “During that time, it was my understanding that McLean was interviewing for jobs with the FBI and U.S. Attorney’s Office.”

I witnessed Dr. Ford help McLean prepare for a potential polygraph exam,” he said. “Dr. Ford explained in detail what to expect, how polygraphs worked, and helped McLean become familiar and less nervous about the exam.”
https://thefederalist.com/2018/10/02...nd-polygraphs/

This was in a sworn, written statement to the Senate - not in some press release, by the way.

Old 10-07-2018, 11:36 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,034,777 times
I always look for an answer to requests like these, but rarely see them. When they do get a response, it's never detailed, just a general "because we don't like him" type of reply. I'll have to check later, but won't hold my breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Please list everything he's done to "destroy this country". You make the charge, back it up.
He certainly mocks everything the radical unhinged left stands for, that is true.

You're right, the TDS crew,far left,radical left antifaaaaaa types are in fact laughing stocks but not just around the world, here in the U.S. as well.

Both sides "gaslight" the country and spew misinformation but you know that. It's pure hypocrisy that stops you from admitting it or, do you really believe the Democrats are squeaky clean and pure as the driven snow?

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I hope someone has the good sense to start locking the doors or posting security in the halls of the senate so these crazy people can't confront senators as they try to get onto the elevators. Someone's going to get hurt very soon if they don't.
Right - and someone was already hurt at a softball game.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...tball-practice

The battle cry has gone out - I hope people are taking lunatics seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I admit that they are rather loud, which is cringeworthy. OTOH, I am sometimes equally horrified by those on the far right who demonstrate admirable decorum before they support actions that appall.

I'm never quite sure which I find the worst.
One difference is there's far fewer right wing loons compared to left wing loons, at least at this point. Due to this latest attack things may change.
I Hope not, we've got enough loons in this nation already...

Old 10-07-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
As one commentator put it, senators want to be able to let the public come there and talk to them so voters don't seem so far removed from politics but in light of the way these loons are acting, safety come first. I can't imagine what things will be like in another five or ten years. It's really shocking and disturbing to me.

Exactly. I just learned that an intern for one of the senators leaked home addresses of three senators to a group of protesters some time this past month. The intern was fired for it. Not sure if they were arrested but they certainly should have been.
Arrested and charged with felonies. Worked for Di-Fi and Ms. Jackson Lee.

Old 10-07-2018, 11:38 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
Quote:
I hope someone has the good sense to start locking the doors or posting security in the halls of the senate so these crazy people can't confront senators as they try to get onto the elevators. Someone's going to get hurt very soon if they don't.
With all the things the Dems did with using Ford, she should be concerned about her safety. Last thing they'll want is her selling the real truth to some media.

Old 10-07-2018, 11:39 AM

19,201 posts, read 16,679,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right - and someone was already hurt at a softball game.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...tball-practice

The battle cry has gone out - I hope people are taking lunatics seriously.
I think they are now. I remember that shooting incident. Pretty sad when we may end up having our lawmakers in need of bullet proof vests. smh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies