Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 05:44 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
Is it starting to sink in now rapepublicans? Your leader is leading us into faciasm? Do you know what that Is? Look it up.
I looked it up.

“Faciasm: sexual release caused by staring at a person’s countenance.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Is that all you got out of it? Because certainly that was not the point of the article.
You’re right. They just included that phrase for the hell of it.

Old 10-07-2018, 05:51 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes. I don't know how many times I have to say it.

That seems MUCH more fair than allowing people who live in densely populated areas much less voting power. Just because you're 2 miles from your nearest neighbor, you shouldn't have twice the voting power as people who live in crowded regions.

If you have a less densely populated state, IMHO, you should have equal say per capita as any other area of the country.

And anyway, the senate more than adequately compensates for states with fewer people. Each state gets two senators, whether they are Montana or California. That's more than enough compensating, IMHO.
How much history do you really know? I mean, I had to sit my kids down and teach them about this very subject during the election because their previous school system failed them in a big way especially when it comes to History and Science.

Our forefathers did not want our country to have what you want (a direct election) to elect our president. They saw what it did before we became the US. The electoral college is a safeguard so to speak.
https://www.historycentral.com/elect...collgewhy.html

Old 10-07-2018, 05:55 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I am not interested in taunting the Democrats. The Two Party System is invaluable to our nation so both sides need each other, so to speak.

But I have to wonder, Why Did You Do It?

Why did you do this? How the hell could you look at yourselves in the mirror?

You jettisoned Due Process in an attempt to smear a man. You embraced the same tactics as those used by Joseph McCarthy and every bigot who ever hanged a black man for no good reason. You reduced proper political discourse to that of a Hollywood tabloid.

You took no evidence and tried to make it evidence. You embraced an accusation that would have been tossed from any court of law.

And went that failed, you switched gears and tried to paint the man as, "Angry." As if any judge is expected to stay calm when he is accused of gang rape. Would you?

And were that not enough, you tried to paint youthful imbibing- something that vast majority of you have done and continue to do- as the key to something nefarious.

Your party- mine too actually, but not for much longer- reach into the depths of disgust and pulled the most despicable move I have ever seen in politics during my lifetime. Watergate? Nope, the system worked and Nixon rightfully resigned, with not a few of his own party telling him to go.

You embraced behavior that would shock the citizens of a Banana Republic. You have helped take a legitimate political party, one that gave us Truman, JFK, and Bill Clinton, and turned it into a vile club of liars and slanderers. You have crapped all over the foundations of proper jurisprudence, rule of law, and even democracy itself.

Because he is Conservative? So what? The SCOTUS has always had Conservatives and none of them have brought us to disaster. Most GOP nominees actually turn out to be fairly flexible. Was it worth selling your souls in a vain attempt to stop this one? Is the world going to end now?

In short, you have become the very people you have always been warned about.

Why did you do it?
Such a great post. Probably a few latecomers to the thread who may have missed this. So spot on.

Old 10-07-2018, 05:56 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
How much history do you really know? I mean, I had to sit my kids down and teach them about this very subject during the election because their previous school system failed them in a big way especially when it comes to History and Science.

Our forefathers did not want our country to have what you want (a direct election) to elect our president. They saw what it did before we became the US. The electoral college is a safeguard so to speak.
https://www.historycentral.com/elect...collgewhy.html
I know a LOT of history.

I don't agree with the concept of the Electoral College. I also would like to see term limits on elected representatives and don't know why the writers of the constitution had the wisdom to enact term limits for the president but not all the other elected officials.

Old 10-07-2018, 05:57 PM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
What a riveting thread, the republicans will most likely lose the house and probably retain the senate, do you get it now. LOL

Seems like there is a lot of energy on the democratic side, not so much from the republicans. The GOP went out of their way to politicize the courts, great success story.

Old 10-07-2018, 05:59 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I hate both parties. My side is libertarianism.

The slow but sure Elephant is the symbol of the Republican Party
Stubborn and stupid like the Jackass, is the symbol of the Democrat Party

Fearless with a heart of a Lion... Meet the Deplorable's.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What a riveting thread, the republicans will most likely lose the house and probably retain the senate, do you get it now. LOL

Seems like there is a lot of energy on the democratic side, not so much from the republicans.
Wait’ll that farmhouse lands on RBG and Trump gets pick numbah three...

Old 10-07-2018, 06:07 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

Seems like there is a lot of energy on the democratic side, not so much from the republicans. The GOP went out of their way to politicize the courts, great success story.
Did you not see the Trump rally the other night? Republicans are pumped up and the Dims are demoralized.

Nov 18 will cause similar shocks as Nov 16 with Republicans far surpassing expectations...fun stuff.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:09 PM

8,383 posts, read 4,366,655 times
Well, with a con judge that could very well roll back RvW, women may loose the right to abortion.

Guess who accounts for the majority of abortions? Poor people of color.

Congratulations cons, you just helped expand your worse nightmare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies