Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Ford face alleged charges for lying about assault to be put to due process?
Yes 161 60.75%
No 104 39.25%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 09:25 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I don't think you get it.

If he were to sue her, her lawyers could ask him all kinds of questions. And call all the people the FBI didn't talk to. And then all the others it happened to will pop up.
And the same could happen to her...might call the 54 she slept with before college.

That the FBI didn't talk to.

Ask 'em : How'd she like it?

So, yeah. That's why Ford said "no thanks" to further investigation in to the issue.

Last edited by Informed Info; 10-08-2018 at 09:51 PM..

Old 10-08-2018, 09:28 PM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
No. While there's not enough evidence to prove her accusations are true, there's also not enough to prove her accusations are false.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:45 PM

13,722 posts, read 7,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
No. While there's not enough evidence to prove her accusations are true, there's also not enough to prove her accusations are false.
No but if the Democrats continue to push I don't believe it's going help their cause.

Had Kavanaugh been confirmed just after the hearing Dr Ford would be seen as a martyr and the Republicans on the defensive.

But a week went by and Dr Ford allegation is now in question. The Mitchell report took apart her testimony.

Now questions have been raised about the second door and when /why it was installed.

Do the Democrats really want the media digging further into this?

Old 10-09-2018, 04:19 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I don't think you get it.

If he were to sue her, her lawyers could ask him all kinds of questions. And call all the people the FBI didn't talk to. And then all the others it happened to will pop up.
"And call all the people the FBI didn't talk to.

The PEOPLE SHE used as witness's ALL REFUSED to back up her story.

The next 2 accusation are the SAME.

Why do so many of you ALWAYS IGNORE THAT?

Old 10-09-2018, 04:22 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunalvr View Post
Just because Kav got confirmed anyway, it doesn't mean she lied. She most likely did not lie. Why would she? And how do you guys plan to prove that she lied? If it's that hard to "prove" that someone is telling the truth, how exactly would you prove that they aren't? The simple answer is that you can't, on either side.

I believe both of them. I believe that Ford is telling the truth about what happened to her. I also believe that Kavanaugh is telling the truth about not remembering. Of course she would remember something like that. And, if he was as much of a partier as some say that he was, of course he wouldn't remember it.

Again, so many people seem to think that constitutional entitlements applied here. They didn't. This wasn't a trial in a court of law, Kavanaugh wasn't a protected criminal defendant. "Due process" and "presumption of innocence" are very specifically defined legal terms that have restricted applications. They don't just apply to everyone walking down the street. This wasn't about crimes, this was about character.

"And how do you guys plan to prove that she lied?"

And how can YOU PROVE she is NOT guilty of false accusations when ALL of her witness's do NOT back up her claims?

Old 10-09-2018, 05:33 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,976 times
absolutely
unless this is the new accepted way dems fight the conservatives, consequences are in order...let future "victims" know if they are lying, they WILL lose all their gofundme proceeds, they WILL see prison time, they WILL lose license to practice or their careers...bye bye felicia

Old 10-09-2018, 05:49 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,667,163 times
Her statements would have carried much more credibility if she had not fully scrubbed her social media presence and at least one person had backed up her story. Not someone who states they believe in her.

The social media scrubbing makes me feel that there was something major to hide that the democrats did not want people to know while they railroaded Kavanaugh. The whole thing was very suspicious from the beginning.

I am in no way stating that Kavanaugh is a great man but when the other side does things that makes one suspicious I tend to discount both sides and rely on actual evidence. And there wa snot one bit that supported the so called incident.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:04 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,130 times
The FoxNews echo chamber is strong. The mind control amazing. A credible accusation of sexual assault comes and testifies, credibly (even according to dear leader), and after a week of Hannity's and Carlson's you guys are ready to lynch her for "lying". Wake up.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:09 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,366,552 times
What was in it for her to lie?
What was in it for him to lie? Oh, a lifetime appointment to the supreme court.
You're grabbing at straws trying to justify the confirmation of a lying, crying, boozy, boofing fratboy to the SC.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:10 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Ford is a very troubled person, and has been for a long time. I don't think she was lying, she just really doesn't remember the details, like who, where, when, but she is sure that one of her 54 teenage hookup partners did something she didn't like.

It was painful to watch the Dems use this poor woman's mental illness as a last ditch feeble attempt to keep a moderate off the supreme court. And now she will be cast aside, thrown under the bus so to speak.
Yeah, I watched her testimony and I don't understand how anyone saw her and found her believable. The shy damaged girl act was obnoxious and insulting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies