Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Ford face alleged charges for lying about assault to be put to due process?
Yes 161 60.75%
No 104 39.25%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 11:28 AM

18,463 posts, read 15,244,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post

I agree this would be best if possible.

But I think if the Democrats choose to continue this charade there needs to be a coordinated response. Problem is if that arises from a Democrat-controlled Senate after the midterms, then that avenue is closed. And it will be left to Kavanaugh.
I agree. If the democrats continue to go after Kavanaugh, then Ford should have to answer for her testimony. If they act like adults and just leave this whole ordeal in the past, where it belongs, then republicans should do the same.

Old 10-07-2018, 11:31 AM

14,945 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Yes. So Kavanaugh should lose his job and be disbarred. He lied multiple times under oath.
Again, specifically what lies did Kavanaugh tell, either under oath or not? I realize this accusation is a part of the left wing/Democrat official "talking points" sent down the trough for mass consumption and thoughtless regurgitation by their liberal base, and you do a good job at that. But even so, surely a thinking person with a sense of fair play and decency can't really think that emphatically denying baseless and unproven accusations drummed up by entities for the purpose of discrediting by character assassination a political opponent are "lies". Especially when the accusations don't stand up under any available evidence.

Old 10-07-2018, 11:31 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,221,095 times
I would dig into the network behind her. It's how we got Bin Laden. You have to treat the far Left in the same way. Perjury charges should be pursued though.

Old 10-07-2018, 11:33 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,903,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Yes. So Kavanaugh should lose his job and be disbarred. He lied multiple times under oath.
Bill Clinton WAS disbarred for perjury, while President. We assume you think that HE should have lost his job???........

Old 10-07-2018, 11:42 AM

356 posts, read 281,590 times
Ford should be investigated for lying. By the FBI, with predetermined limits, completed within a week.

Old 10-07-2018, 11:44 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Oh yes it is a crime to testify under oath before a Congressional committee and if you saw her testify, she raised her right hand and sword to tell the truth.
Ok. Then they can investigate her, and if she is telling the truth, they can impeach Kavanaugh.

Old 10-07-2018, 11:45 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Charged with what?

I trust that the investigation into this "crime" you've imagined will be just as thorough as the fake, rigged investigation into Kavanaugh.
Lol. Why am I not surprised. The left has been so supportive of the FBI over the last few years, always talking up the integrity of it's leadership and the organization itself, and praising how they handled their investigations into prominent individuals like Hillary Clinton. But now, the tide has shifted against them, because the left doesn't like the results of their most recent investigation of another prominent individual. Of course, I'm talking about Brett Kavanaugh, now Justice Kavanaugh. Now, the FBI has run a fake investigation. They have rigged the results of the investigation. They are a corrupt organization doing the bidding of the evil old men in Congress.

Seriously folks, the two-faced double-think of the left is absolutely appalling. Furthermore, the Democrat party are truly starting to look more and more like spoiled children, who throw temper tantrums when they do not get their way. This is how your party is being viewed more and more by the people of this country. And I'm not just talking about Republicans. Independents and even members of your own party are starting to feel like their party has left them behind, choosing instead to go off on these self-righteous crusades. You are not doing yourselves any favors by questioning the integrity of the FBI. This was their 7th, let me say it again, SEVENTH investigation into Kavanaugh's background since the man became a federal judge 12 years ago. And for the seventh time, nothing was found to disqualify him from service to his country. So unless you are ready to step on your own toes, and claim that the FBI has been corrupt for at least 12 years and probably botched the investigations into Hillary Clinton and other prominent Democrats as well as this investigation into Brett Kavanaugh, I'd start rethinking my tactics.

And as far as what Ms. Ford could be charged with, there's a pretty long list of completely unimaginary crimes her "handlers" and "counselors" could be charged with if an investigation is initiated. With that being said though, I don't think Dr. Ford should be charged with any crime, unless there is some sort of absolutely irrefutable evidence out there that proves she lied about the whole thing. Otherwise, she should be left alone. If this woman did indeed suffer through an attempted rape, even if it wasn't Kavanaugh, the last thing she deserves is a criminal prosecution. Even if she did attempt to use her experience to take down Kavanaugh. When powerful people start pulling your strings, it's really hard to break away and stand on your own feet again. I believe what should have been a private and discreet charge levied against Kavanaugh by Dr. Ford during the interview process was instead publicized by a group of greasy Democrats who don't give a damn about Dr. Ford, the #MeToo movement, or victims of sex crimes in general. They simply saw her story as an opportunity to stop this nominee to the Supreme Court. Period. Dr. Ford was used, be it willingly or against her will, and I think she should be left alone and allowed to return to living a normal life. Of course, the question is, will she do that, or will her own personal political beliefs drive her to go out and continue to defame the character of Justice Kavanaugh. If this is the path she chooses, then I could see no other option than Kavanaugh fighting back.

Old 10-07-2018, 11:47 AM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I agree. If the democrats continue to go after Kavanaugh, then Ford should have to answer for her testimony. If they act like adults and just leave this whole ordeal in the past, where it belongs, then republicans should do the same.
There won't be an investigation. The FBI proved they weren't interested in what she had to say.

Old 10-07-2018, 11:48 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Start with Diane Feinstein and go from there.

Old 10-07-2018, 11:48 AM

24,483 posts, read 17,220,223 times
And who will bring forth these charges? The Dems certainly will not, they are done with her and will cast her aside.

If the Reps investigate her they will be seen as kicking a woman when she is down. The Dems have already cast the Reps as woman haters and their base is fired up to the point of madness.

If any Republican man suggests an investigation of Ford they will be destroyed.
It is best to let this die down and fade away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies