Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 08:52 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,504,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Whoa! Maybe Ms. Swift knows this?

As she said in her statement--
Sometimes there is NO candidate that meets 100% of YOUR personal criteria
You just have the make the best choice of what is on offer

And I think that since he was not IN the Senate, claiming he would have voted for Kavanaugh is a moot point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 08:53 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,452,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I suppose if I, a guy, vote for a woman over a man in some race, that makes me a man-hater.
Using the OP’s logic ( lack there of) that would be correct.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:53 AM

3,455 posts, read 4,787,700 times
Who cares who Taylor Swift or any other celebrity "supports?"

Old 10-08-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well for some reason women's rights advocate doesn't jump out at me when you mention Blackburn's name whether its closing family planning clinics or violence against women. I am not in favor of rock stars weighing in but tell me what the spin was in Swift's statement. Her voting record on many issues has been deplorable.
'
The funny thing is that Swift didn''t actually "bash"" Blackburn--
She just called her out for doing things she actually did vote for
All truth--
They are jus all diametrically damaging to women

Now people are making a very emotionally driven attack on Swift who just dealt with facts---
That is when you know they are losing the argument...

Old 10-08-2018, 08:57 AM

34,935 posts, read 36,071,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Looks like Taylor Swift must be a woman hater, because she is endorsing Phil Bredesen (D) for Senate in Tennessee over Marsha Blackburn (R).

Taylor Swift bashes Blackburn in favor of Tennessee Dems, breaking political silence

If someone wants to try to put a partisan spin on this for me so that I can understand it in the proper "Politically correct" context, that could be helpful here.
So, women are not allowed to disagree with another woman politically and they cannot voice the reasons why they disagree with that woman or they are "bashing" that woman?

Hoooo-kay.

All Taylor Swift did was (quite eloquently, btw) state her reasons for not supporting Blackburn and let people know she's voting Democrat.

I doubt it matters whether the Democrat is male or female, as long as that Democrat's stances more closely align with Taylor's.

It's her right as a citizen to support whatever candidate she wants.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:59 AM

34,935 posts, read 36,071,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I suppose if I, a guy, vote for a woman over a man in some race, that makes me a man-hater.
As they are described in this thread... yes.

Men must vote for men. Women must vote for women.

All those women who voted for Trump are woman-bashers and all the men who voted for Clinton are man-haters.

Keep up.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
So, women are not allowed to disagree with another woman politically and they cannot voice the reasons why they disagree with that woman or they are "bashing" that woman?

Hoooo-kay.

All Taylor Swift did was (quite eloquently, btw) state her reasons for not supporting Blackburn and let people know she's voting Democrat.

I doubt it matters whether the Democrat is male or female, as long as that Democrat's stances more closely align with Taylor's.

Spartacus's argument is flawed--like most everything the GOP proposes that they claim is "good" for America
But since their followers are not interested in the actual facts then you can use a flawed emotional appeal...
That works for Trump 90% of the time

Old 10-08-2018, 09:05 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,447,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

Hoooo-kay.

It certainly did not appear that women were allowed that flexibility when they decided to vote against the Democrat Hillary Clinton. But when they are opposing a Republican woman, that should be respected as objectively acting on the issues.

The hypocrisy and the remarkable, clearly partisan inconsistency in these positions is quite striking.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:07 AM

12,234 posts, read 6,397,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Looks like Taylor Swift must be a woman hater, because she is endorsing Phil Bredesen (D) for Senate in Tennessee over Marsha Blackburn (R).

Taylor Swift bashes Blackburn in favor of Tennessee Dems, breaking political silence

If someone wants to try to put a partisan spin on this for me so that I can understand it in the proper "Politically correct" context, that could be helpful here.
I guess she ruined her chances of being the headliner at the next Tennessee pig squealing contest.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:07 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,338,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Whoa! Maybe Ms. Swift knows this?
All women are to be believed... Marsha is a woman...
Oh... Only Communist women are to be believed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies