Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 10:44 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,920,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I knew Ike, Ike was a friend of mine, Secretary Powell you're no Dwight Eisenhower .
That's amazing you knew Ike. Powell didn't see WWII like Ike did, but he still seems to me to be a man of integrity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 10:45 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times
Quote:
I agree with you. What Nixon did was small potatoes compared to what Obama and Clintons got away with.

FDR put U.S. Citizens in concentration camps based on their race. Nixon NEVER came in the ballpark of that. FDR is adored by the media and left and Nixon is the corrupt evil........go figure!

Old 10-08-2018, 10:49 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
That's amazing you knew Ike. Powell didn't see WWII like Ike did, but he still seems to me to be a man of integrity.
I'm not sure if you got the Lloyd Bentsen and Dan Quayel joke.

I think Powell just has integrity to benefiting himself and identity group

Old 10-08-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Pretty sure none of the others you mentioned got impeached. There's that. But I must admit that in comparison to Donald Trump, Nixon's crimes look petty.

Nixon didn't get impeached. Clinton did, You should take U.S. HISTORY. Especially on Democrat Presidents from Wilson, FDR, JFK, LBJ, the Clintons and Obama and comeback to me to talk about Trump's "crimes"

Old 10-08-2018, 10:53 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
FDR put U.S. Citizens in concentration camps based on their race. Nixon NEVER came in the ballpark of that. FDR is adored by the media and left and Nixon is the corrupt evil........go figure!
Yeah they were detained but hardly concentration camps, and I don't really hold that against FDR at the time. But I do agree with your point of the media's double standards.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Yeah they were detained but hardly concentration camps, and I don't really hold that against FDR at the time. But I do agree with your point of the media's double standards.
it was a prison at best, right? they were detained against their will. Moved out of their homes and lost their jobs because of their race. It was unconstitutional and grounds for impeachment. Nixon's "crime" was small potatoes compared to that.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:08 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,825,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
so you are saying Trump is the only one attacking the opposition? that never went on before Trump? Democrats treated Republicans with respect and love before Trump? Obama united the country?

So everything that Powell did and says it's good for the country? like selling the WMD lies to go to war and lying about it and having the nerve to say now we have lost allies under Trump, when he is part of the reason we have a mess in the Middle East.

The only thing you missed in that post was Benghazi ! Look, politics have always been one side vs the other...…...I know that. HOWEVER, never has it been the cluster that it is right now. Trump never looks at the big picture and never attempts to speak in a way that doesn't inflame others. He has such a weak self image that he can only make himself feel secure by trying to make someone look worse.

You also tend to forget how the GOP treated Obama when he was elected. I remember those comments by GOP Senators about how they were going to thwart anything he wanted to accomplish. So don't go painting your side as lily white.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:08 AM

15,624 posts, read 10,378,651 times
Powell is entitled to his opinion about trump. In America, citizens can criticize the government without fear from government!

Happy Columbus Day to all americans who are lucky enough to live in the greatest country ever founded!

Old 10-08-2018, 11:10 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,594,837 times
Colin Powell another one of those people who thinks they are more important than they really are.
His opinion matters as much as mine, which is not at all as each of us are the smallest sample size possible of 1.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You also tend to forget how the GOP treated Obama when he was elected. I remember those comments by GOP Senators about how they were going to thwart anything he wanted to accomplish. So don't go painting your side as lily white.
you mean how Democrats are treating Trump and how they treated W Bush? My point was that 1 side attacking the other didn't start with Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies