Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 09:20 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
She based her vote on facts, not emotion.
Factually, he behaved like a shrill, partisan hack during a job interview.

That's what I'd have voted on. I totally get her not being comfortable voting on the Ford allegations.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:29 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Factually, he behaved like a shrill, partisan hack during a job interview.

That's what I'd have voted on. I totally get her not being comfortable voting on the Ford allegations.
I think when someone is being accused of things like being part of a "gang rape sex ring" with zero proof, they get a little more latitude in responding with some anger than someone just getting the usual senate badgering about whether they'd be impartial etc.

Not to many interviews start out with that tenor eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 10:49 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,211,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Who cares?

She's a friggin' RINO who, along with two other RINOs, finally grew a spine and did the right thing; usually, she doesn't.

And I've said it before: If Republicans don't have anyone waiting in the wings to supplant these old farts (and they don't), they deserve to lose even senate seats.
I'm typically on the other side of the aisle but have to agree with this wholeheartedly. Collins and Graham both came to DC as huge term-limit, get off the government teet, Congress of the people types and immediately discarded their term limit pledges once ensconced.

During last week's hearings I could not get over the fact that Feinstein is 84 and running for an umpteenth term. Barbara Boxer was younger, headed to DC at the same time and hung it up before 2016 because she wanted to have a retirement and let someone fresher have a say. Feinstein and Grassley repeating the same arguments I'm sure they've had 20 times before does absolutely nothing for the country. Its as if half of Congress is trying to win debates by outliving their counterparts instead of providing some sound logic to make actual decisions.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:03 AM

5,958 posts, read 2,877,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
She is a stain on New England. Look for residents of the other NE five states help Mainers defeat her.
Not all New Englanders are mindless Liberal sheep.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:05 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Yeah I saw a conservative claim liberals were violent because the catch phrase was 'we are coming for you' -- in the next election --- and that's violence.

Bribery is when someone donates to the opposition.

Rewriting stuff as they go ......

Old 10-08-2018, 11:07 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,212,399 times
I think Collins is right. She gave a great speech. Maine has such an influx of liberals from MA that it's ruining the state.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:16 AM

44 posts, read 14,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
She based her vote on a lie she told herself and the rest of the country. She must think the American people are stupid. Only the Trumpsters bought her fictional version of a character known as "Centrist Judge Kavanaugh". He's not and he never was.

Her efforts to square the circle of . . . she believes Ford; she's just 'mistaken' about who her attacker is so stupid I can't even believe it. Yet that is the song Republicans are trying to sing. Women don't 'forget' their attacker unless they were complete and total strangers.

Collins is a pitiful liar but she needed that Koch money so here we are.
There are some pitiful liars out there all right, but Senator Collins is not one of them.
Did not take long for the Democrats to forget about all women must be believed when it comes to believing Collins.
Did not take long for the Democrats to spurn and indict a Woman by the name of Collins when she logically debunked the accusations that were made by another woman.
Senator Collins made one of the most sane and logical speeches, backed with fact, that any congress critter has uttered in a long while.
Senator Collins for President!

Old 10-08-2018, 11:33 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Collins is safe!

Media doesn't know Maine.

Obama said the safest states have the strictest gun laws. Maine is the most liberal state as far as gun rights and if Obama were to believed, the streets of maine would be awash in blood. This is proof the media and outside activists know more about Mars than they do about Maine.

Susan , it was the video, Rice will not run as she will embarrass herself.

Susan Rice, Obama's natl security advisor should have whispered in Obama's ear that the validity of his academic theory of no guns, no gun violence, falls apart not only in Maine but VT and NH and other states as well.

Rice might get a few Boston to Portland commuters to vote for her along with some snowbirds after they cast votes in Florida. As they say, "just because your cat has kittens in the oven, it don t make em biscuits".

Rice is an outsider to Maine culture and has no platform Mainer's would endorse. How does rice feel about spring black bear season, the moose hunt, tree growth program, Quimby and open carry?

Maine is not a one trick pony as far as issues and elections go. Rice has shown to be a shallow political hack despite her education.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:35 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Facts -- the way he handled himself in the hearing with Ford was unacceptable for a judge.

His performance was so poor that day he felt the need to write an OP ED to excuse his behaviour.

That's not acceptable.

He should have lost the job on that. She could easily have said I don't believe he is guilty of assault but I do believe he is not a fair, impartial, candidate for the job.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:37 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The CrowdPac website has raised $3.5 Mil to unseat Susan Collins in 2020. Collins had the audacity to say on 60 minutes

"“This is a classic quid pro quo as defined in our bribery laws,” she said. “They are asking me to perform an official act and if I do not do what they want, $2 million plus is going to go to my opponent. "

Since when is giving money to a political opponent "bribery"? Of course it isn't. She's a smart lady, she knows better, so I conclude she's lying. Her whining about the $3.5 mil raised against her is pretty rich considering she supported Citizens United. I guess giving freely to political causes is protected free speech but not when it's to Democrats, eh?

https://twitter.com/cenkuygur/status...20610788360192
The dems told her they were going to raise a million dollars and would give it to her if she voted no, or would give it to opponent if she voted yes. The 1st part makes it bribery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies