Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 07:59 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I went to highschool with a girl that......... (you really think that's a fair game to play?)
I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy.

I don't think that anyone's above reproach, that's my point.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:10 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,690,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think when someone is being accused of things like being part of a "gang rape sex ring" with zero proof, they get a little more latitude in responding with some anger than someone just getting the usual senate badgering about whether they'd be impartial etc.

Not to many interviews start out with that tenor eh?
How much "latitude" do you think Hillary would have gotten if she had responded to "pizzagate" in the same fashion?

He is a partisan hack.
And Susan Collins is as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 08:12 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The CrowdPac website has raised $3.5 Mil to unseat Susan Collins in 2020. Collins had the audacity to say on 60 minutes

"“This is a classic quid pro quo as defined in our bribery laws,” she said. “They are asking me to perform an official act and if I do not do what they want, $2 million plus is going to go to my opponent. "

Since when is giving money to a political opponent "bribery"? Of course it isn't. She's a smart lady, she knows better, so I conclude she's lying. Her whining about the $3.5 mil raised against her is pretty rich considering she supported Citizens United. I guess giving freely to political causes is protected free speech but not when it's to Democrats, eh?

https://twitter.com/cenkuygur/status...20610788360192
the answer to your question is actually pretty simple Elliott_CA. If Collins were a dem and the bribery had been done by a conservative group, YOU would be here decrying the illegal act.

the fact is Collins is attacked for not doing what PROGS demand. and its bribery. they bribed her. period.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:15 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,690,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Wish she had been after facts when she wanted Franken to resign due to a photo of a USO tour that had 2 other people in the frame.

But raising an issue sure got him off this senate judiciary committee. Franken's absence made Collin's job easier.
Thanks for that reminder.

She was all about "guilty before proven innocent" with Franken, wasn't she?

She should be ashamed.
But I've little confidence that that sort of introspection will ever occur to her.

2,691 posts, read 1,665,365 times
Don't have an opinion on Collins one way or the other but just because people tried to extort her and failed, I really wish that she soundly defeats her to defeat her opponent in the next election.

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Bribery or pressure. Susan Collins had lunch with a bunch of Republicans, including McConnell.

McConnell made the remarks after he and others in the GOP leadership had lunch with Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), a potential swing vote to put Kavanaugh on the high court.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...h-with-collins

I heard that she was told to vote YES or else. I did respect her for thinking independently but she failed in that vote.
failed.... that's silly. she did what she tought was right and gave a brilliant speech in the process.

I get you are upset and I agree that from your perspective she did the wrong thing but if you are sitting where im sitting, it was far from failure.

the problem you guys on the prog side of the divide have is everything for you is either do as you demand or you are evil .

we aint buying your snake oil any longer

Old 10-13-2018, 11:42 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Thanks for that reminder.

She was all about "guilty before proven innocent" with Franken, wasn't she?

She should be ashamed.
But I've little confidence that that sort of introspection will ever occur to her.
Collins was plenty righteous about Franken, then blasted "dark money" in her deranged ramble.

Seems a dark money group has launched six figure ad campaign thanking her for voting for Kavanaugh.

Yet, nary a peep out of Collins.

Old 10-13-2018, 11:50 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Collins has always positioned herself as an independent Republican. Now that she has voted in lockstep with Republicans on Kavenaugh and the payday tax scam got to wonder if she will drop the "independent" part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies