Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 02:45 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
It's attitudes like the OPs that drive people away from the church.

It drove me away from organized religion.

We're all so intent on proving "our" way is the right way, we've lost the message.
^^^This. Mean Christians drive more people away from God than folks the most hard-core atheist ever could. It's not supposed to work that way.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:51 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The Romans were harsh to everyone they conquered. I don't think you know much about European history and cultures and that it flowed in and out of Italy and also the middle east. Europeans share close ancestry and culture. I get it you think the middle east is superior to Europe.
Actually, they weren't. The Romans were very lenient in allowing various cultures and religions to exist within their empire. They also didn't care where people came from as long as they served the Roman Empire. Rome had its faults but racist it was not.

Europeans don't share a close ancestry, there is no evidence for this on historical or genetic grounds. Nor do they share any kind of kinship. Which is obvious since they spent 98% of their history brutally killing each other.

I don't think the Middle East is superior to Europe, but there is no arguing that areas outside of Europe were more civilized for most of human history. Which is why I must correct your false white supremacists view of history.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
^^^This. Mean Christians drive more people away from God than folks the most hard-core atheist ever could. It's not supposed to work that way.
Its like saying "you don't quit a business you work for, you quit the workers that you work with." Same goes for religions. Its the not church people pull away from but the parishioners.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:55 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,990 times
For me it’s religion in general. I don’t buy into the Bible.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:04 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
A religion that acts like the world is ending because some football player kneels for the national anthem yet is apathetic towards or even supportive of brown-skinned CHILDREN being imprisoned at the border is a morally bankrupt religion.
Well said. White washed tombs.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:13 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Actually, they weren't. The Romans were very lenient in allowing various cultures and religions to exist within their empire. They also didn't care where people came from as long as they served the Roman Empire. Rome had its faults but racist it was not.

Europeans don't share a close ancestry, there is no evidence for this on historical or genetic grounds. Nor do they share any kind of kinship. Which is obvious since they spent 98% of their history brutally killing each other.

I don't think the Middle East is superior to Europe, but there is no arguing that areas outside of Europe were more civilized for most of human history. Which is why I must correct your false white supremacists view of history.
Pure nonsense. Genetic testing proves otherwise. Don't you realize Europeans were nomadic throughout Europe for 10,000 of thousands of years with gene and cultural flow? Rome and the middle east may have been less isolated and easier to develop than other parts of Europe but were not what you'd call more civilized.

You mischaracterized warfare for people killing people out of malice. Among Europeans when the other army was defeated or surrender generally there was not much more killing.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:26 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Do you think liberals would have respected Christians and Christianity more if the religion and its adherents were beheading people or advocating such of, asking infidels (non-Christians) to convert, to die or to pay extra tax, throw gays off from roof top buildings, stone adulterous to death, demanding capital punishment for insulting Jesus/Christianity, forcing women to cover themselves, ban alcohol/gambling/prostitution, etc. in the 21st century?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Seeing off topics and anti-Christian bashing on this forum is really sickening. Liberals likes to take advantage. Wish we could have them live in an Islamic nation and then came back to truly appreciate Christian and Western values.
I do support western values. That's why I oppose theocrats.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Pure nonsense. Genetic testing proves otherwise. Don't you realize Europeans were nomadic throughout Europe for 10,000 of thousands of years with gene and cultural flow? Rome and the middle east may have been less isolated and easier to develop than other parts of Europe but were not what you'd call more civilized.
What genetic testing? If genetic testing shows anything its that a myriad of various peoples settled Europe over the span of thousands of years. You are confusing reality, with your innate wanting of a united white peoples. Sorry bucko...its not real and its not going to happen.

Quote:
You mischaracterized warfare for people killing people out of malice. Among Europeans when the other army was defeated or surrender generally there was not much more killing.
Without malice? How do you explain all those large scale massacres and brutal genocides that have occurred throughout European history. The worst genocide in human history was white people doing it to other white people. You are in a series state of denial.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:31 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
What genetic testing? If genetic testing shows anything its that a myriad of various peoples settled Europe over the span of thousands of years. You are confusing reality, with your innate wanting of a united white peoples. Sorry bucko...its not real and its not going to happen.

Without malice? How do you explain all those large scale massacres and brutal genocides that have occurred throughout European history. The worst genocide in human history was white people doing it to other white people. You are in a series state of denial.
The vast majority of European wars were one Empire or kingdom fighting over resources of another. Outside of that Europeans mostly cohabitated harmoniously and peacefully. You think the middle east and the East doesn't have its warfare and even genocides? I'd say worse if you really analize it.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:35 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Its like saying "you don't quit a business you work for, you quit the workers that you work with." Same goes for religions. Its the not church people pull away from but the parishioners.
That's a good way of putting it, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies