Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 12:28 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,317,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You have to admit that the #metoo movement will eventually get backlashed. History tells us that.
When will these few people accused of sexual assault learn to take personal responsibility for putting themselves in that position?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 12:40 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,220,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
When will these few people accused of sexual assault learn to take personal responsibility for putting themselves in that position?
Huh? How does one take responsibility for a disgruntled woman making up false allegations against you?

You just know that people will abuse the #metoo movement and weaponize it. It will and most certainly has happened already somewhere out there.

Here you are minding your own business and then whether you are up for a job promotion or elected office or win the lottery or whatever and some person that hates you decides they want to screw you over comes up with fake sexual lies, how do you take personal responsibilities?

Old 10-09-2018, 12:44 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,317,575 times
Quote:
Huh? How does one take responsibility for a disgruntled woman making up false allegations against you?

You just know that people will abuse the #metoo movement and weaponize it. It will and most certainly has happened already somewhere out there.

Here you are minding your own business and then whether you are up for a job promotion or elected office or win the lottery or whatever and some person that hates you decides they want to ********* over comes up with fake sexual lies, how do you take personal responsibilities?
I was throwing back the old line that victim has responsibility for the rape. I guess you won't be using that one.

Since you mentioned it though, how many men have been identified because of this movement? Anyone you know? Tens of thousands, thousands...try 100.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:51 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,220,605 times
Quote:
I was throwing back the old line that victim has responsibility for the rape. I guess you won't be using that one.

Since you mentioned it though, how many men have been identified because of this movement? Anyone you know? Tens of thousands, thousands...try 100.
Why don't you go and find out? Why should you get to throw around questions and I am the one chasing around for the answers?

#metoo wouldn't be a movement spreading across the country if it was just a handful of men, now would it?

Old 10-09-2018, 02:31 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,113,377 times
I find this too funny. This is something my mom would write haha. For the longest time, she kept wondering why I was "single". Then one day I brought back another boy (I'm a dude) who's been my husband for 6 years LOL.

Thank goodness my mom hasn't found twitter yet.

Old 10-09-2018, 07:59 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,215,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I find this too funny. This is something my mom would write haha. For the longest time, she kept wondering why I was "single". Then one day I brought back another boy (I'm a dude) who's been my husband for 6 years LOL.

Thank goodness my mom hasn't found twitter yet.
Something tells me this mom's gonna get the same surprise.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:01 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
You have to admit that the #metoo movement will eventually get backlashed. History tells us that.
I don't know. I think it's been pretty effective for the most part and has caught up some women as well as serial offenders like Cosby etc.

The backlash part would be against the small percentage trying to be "cool" like the nutjob that went after Aziz Ansari, mattress girl and so forth.

Clearly the movement is new and needs to mature past the lynch mob phase but it's here to stay and long overdue.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:03 AM

301 posts, read 189,162 times
Quote:
Don't go anywhere alone, be aware of your surrounding, and for sure don't dress to attract female attention. Don't drink alcohol or leave your drink unattended. Remember though, if someone does accuse you of assault you probably did something to bring it on. Remember that's just girls being girls and you are kind of a tease.
A round of applause to you, my friend.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:04 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,557,244 times
Quote:

Here you are minding your own business and then whether you are up for a job promotion or elected office or win the lottery or whatever and some person that hates you decides they want to screw you over comes up with fake sexual lies, how do you take personal responsibilities?
Follow all the same rules we are supposed to. Don't be alone with a woman - she might accuse you. Don't drink with women, you're making yourself vulnerable, so on and so forth.

If Brett hadn't been partying the way he was he couldn't get accused, right?

Old 10-09-2018, 08:07 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,474 times
I cringe for her son and I would never have posted such a thing about my two Navy sons. Actually I never posted anything about them except happy birthday on FB and congrats on the day they graduated from bootcamp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies