Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 06:40 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No, it is not. The fuel efficiency drops so much that there is a net loss all the way around. For about the first time I agree with Steve.
If you compare E85 to E10 fuel the drop in efficiency is between 15-27%. However, increasing E10 to E15 would have a much smaller effect, maybe a couple percent. You probably wouldn’t even notice it.

However, the real reason the Trump Administration is taking this measure is to try to make up for the lost petrol supply as a result of the Iran santions. As it stands there will soon be a shortage of supply in the world market which will cause the cost of gas to jump up to $3.50-4.00/gallon. Trump made his own bed on this one....good thing I drive a Tesla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 06:41 AM

995 posts, read 509,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Say what? Lol.

Make them suffer for reduced car mileage?????? Lawd.
Make them suffer for taking money from the American taxpayer, because they "need" it (not)

Why isn't anyone else furious about this? I don't care if you're Repub or Dem, this stinks to high heaven.

I pray that Mother Nature take care of this problem on the behalf of the American people - drought, and more drought. I wanna see the Corn Belt turn into the new Midwestern Desert. Maybe this climate change thing isn't so bad after all - I say bring it on.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:42 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
I'll go hungry before I give another penny to those dag-gone farmers. In fact, I'm going to make it a point not to consume any corn products if I can help it.

I want them to suffer, for payback for making us suffer with reduced car mileage and increased repair bills.

And what makes rich farmers so special? Hell, I'll start a corn patch in my yard and demand the government pay me lots of money, regardless of how much or little I make from selling corn. Everyone else should do the same.

Anyone else agree with me?
I do so admire the rational approach. Its so leftist.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:43 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
There should be an option. Pay less at the pump for ethanol or pay a bit more for pure gasoline.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:45 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
I'll go hungry before I give another penny to those dag-gone farmers. In fact, I'm going to make it a point not to consume any corn products if I can help it.

I want them to suffer, for payback for making us suffer with reduced car mileage and increased repair bills.

And what makes rich farmers so special? Hell, I'll start a corn patch in my yard and demand the government pay me lots of money, regardless of how much or little I make from selling corn. Everyone else should do the same.

Anyone else agree with me?
Okay, is this a conservative/Republican posing as a leftist/Democrat trying to make Democrats appear to have lost it?

Old 10-09-2018, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Look on the bright side. If all vehicles fail, maybe it will save the planet!!

Yep, let's hope the crops fail. Who needs food when we have our damaged cars that won't run any more due to faulty dried out seals? Hey, we can eat those seals, right?

The farmers have vehicles and farm machinery that use fuel too, right?

If your vehicle fails and you have food, you will survive. If farmers fail and you have your vehicle, what next?

Hint: There are repair shops that will repair your car. Seals are not extinct and can be ordered at any parts supply store.
But why do you love Iowa farmers so much? Why should they get hand-outs just because they grow too much damn corn?

Don't like drought, how about we do this. A fungus that wipes out the few strains of corn which are grown in the US. Anything to put those cretins in the unemployment line. I can live without corn - can you?

Old 10-09-2018, 06:46 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
for decades everyone has been crying for alternative, renewable fuels. and when one actually comes along, it is poo pooed. for crying out loud people its time to accept this start in alternative and renewable fuels.
It makes no economic or environmental sense as well as being detrimental to many fuel systems.
Trump gets votes, the EPA gets to use its muscle, farmers and the rest in the ethanol chain get our money. All the negatives are well known, but yet here it is a robbery in broad daylight and the robbers are so bold they aren't even wearing masks.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Okay, is this a conservative/Republican posing as a leftist/Democrat trying to make Democrats appear to have lost it?
No, this is me saying that the Republicans have lost it. They won't adhere to their own party platform. Why should anyone take them seriously? Can't anyone see the insanity of this policy?

Old 10-09-2018, 06:49 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
But why do you love Iowa farmers so much? Why should they get hand-outs just because they grow too much damn corn?

Don't like drought, how about we do this. A fungus that wipes out the few strains of corn which are grown in the US. Anything to put those cretins in the unemployment line. I can live without corn - can you?
Now you want to be a bio-terrorist.

I can live without corn but I don't want to live without the corny ideas.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
It makes no economic or environmental sense as well as being detrimental to many fuel systems.
Trump gets votes, the EPA gets to use its muscle, farmers and the rest in the ethanol chain get our money. All the negatives are well known, but yet here it is a robbery in broad daylight and the robbers are so bold they aren't even wearing masks.
Darn tootin' right. I agree 1000%. This is pure daylight robbery.

Republicans complain about the "takers" all day long. How about they clean up their own house first?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies