Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2018, 11:22 AM

1,675 posts, read 576,903 times

Advertisements

I saw a video about a girl who said she has lost all her friends for posting her political views on social media. This is affecting people more and more. In the comment section I saw something interesting:

"a naive analysis. the division is happening in the spiritual realm, and is simply reflected on earth."
I don't know exactly what this person meant but the way I see it is both left/right are on the same side, and then there are a few who can see the artificial show from a distance.

Instead of writing what I mean I'll just post a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eInuuLp1Dw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 11:31 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
many Trump supporters know this... which is why we voted for an outsider.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:36 AM

2,916 posts, read 1,515,655 times
Yes, I try to avoid politics when talking with most people.

When dating last year, prior to meeting my current girlfriend - it was interesting to see the left wing women on the dating websites. Many female profiles said: "If you voted for Trump, do not contact me."

I avoided them because if they posted that in their profile before they even meet a person, then they are probably not someone I want to date.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:40 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
James Corbett is a treasure. This should be viewed multiple times by everyone on this forum.

Team Red. Team Blue. Two sides of the same Statist, authoritarian coin.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Who then completely surrounded himself with non-outsiders (neocons).

Old 10-09-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post

If you didn't watch the video here is the essence:
“The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to doctrinaire and academic thinkers.. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can throw the rascals out at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy. Then it should be possible to replace it, every four years if necessary, by the other party which will be none of these things but will still pursue, with new vigor, approximately the same basic policies.”

Carroll Quigley
He taught at Princeton University, and then at Harvard, and then from 1941 to 1976 at the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University.[1]

Old 10-09-2018, 05:27 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Not even a psychology course on extreme conservatives and extreme liberals could even scratch the surface on what makes those groups tick.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:30 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
I saw a video about a girl who said she has lost all her friends for posting her political views on social media. This is affecting people more and more. In the comment section I saw something interesting: "a naive analysis. the division is happening in the spiritual realm, and is simply reflected on earth."
I don't know exactly what this person meant but the way I see it is both left/right are on the same side, and then there are a few who can see the artificial show from a distance. Instead of writing what I mean I'll just post a video.
Thanks, but I won't waste 10 minutes watching a random video.

I'm trying to figure out what you mean by left/right on the same side. Maybe 70-80 years ago they were reasonably similar, but not now.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'm trying to figure out what you mean by left/right on the same side. Maybe 70-80 years ago they were reasonably similar, but not now.
Left and right both love:

War
Authoritarianism
Big government

Old 10-09-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Thanks, but I won't waste 10 minutes watching a random video.

I would assume that if you were trying to figure out what I meant you would take 10min on a video that explains what I mean. I even pointed the essence in the comment above. I'll put it another way, here is another quote by Quigley. This was not a conspiracy theorist, he was a historian and professor in Princeton, Harvard and Georgetown University. He was also Bill Clinton's mentor.
...the powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world
system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole.

Here is a 3 min video, it's not a "random" video. It's George Carlin, very funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erGMyDoiBwQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies