Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 02:54 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
In the long run it may be a good thing.
Maybe we will get some decent people running for office in future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
More likely, no one will want to undergo that anal probe.
^by far, the more likely scenario.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 03:04 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Not a shortage of people running in the next election.

All this fear mongering is getting old.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:20 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,287,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
He failed the job interview but the Republicans wanted to win this battle and would have confirmed Satan.
Too late for that. They, along with the Russians, elected him president. But, Kavanaugh should feel right at home with Trump in the catbird seat.

A minor correction: Trump isn't the real Satan. More like Satan Light. Not talking weight or reflectivity. Satan wannabe and really trying. He's second worst so he has to try harder.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:23 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
Too late for that. They, along with the Russians, elected him president. But, Kavanaugh should feel right at home with Trump in the catbird seat.

A minor correction: Trump isn't the real Satan. More like Satan Light. Not talking weight or reflectivity. Satan wannabe and really trying. He's second best so he has to try harder.
You must be drinking early today.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:26 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,395,120 times
If you hadn't noticed, he was confirmed to the supreme court, so his high school behavior did NOT affect his job prospects. And honestly, if he had just been candid about it "I drank a lot, I was a stupid teenager that did stupid teenager things, and I don't remember everything I did wrong"...we probably wouldn't even be talking about it. Instead he tries to sell himself as some sort of choir boy. Just own your teenage stupidity.

But FWIW, yes, actual regular people can cause themselves problems with the things they post on social media that lasts forever, even when young and stupid.

What is actually the most sad is that his actual **current** behavior under oath (lying, throwing a tantrum) didn't matter either, thus cheapening the Supreme Court of the United States.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:28 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
If you hadn't noticed, he was confirmed to the supreme court, so his high school behavior did NOT affect his job prospects. And honestly, if he had just been candid about it "I drank a lot, I was a stupid teenager that did stupid teenager things, and I don't remember everything I did wrong"...we probably wouldn't even be talking about it. Instead he tries to sell himself as some sort of choir boy. Just own your teenage stupidity.

But FWIW, yes, actual regular people can cause themselves problems with the things they post on social media that lasts forever, even when young and stupid.

What is actually the most sad is that his actual **current** behavior under oath (lying, throwing a tantrum) didn't matter either, thus cheapening the Supreme Court of the United States.
Can you imagine if you acted like that at your job interview?? Who would EVER hire someone who behaves like that at a freakin' job interview??

Old 10-10-2018, 03:30 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
too funny....the liberals are throwing stones

I don't even remember my last two years of high school....thank God

Old 10-10-2018, 04:02 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Did you know that the top colleges inspect your social media pages during the application process now?

Duke didnt check mine back in the day...but this was in pre "social media"(except for IRC) days

Old 10-10-2018, 05:19 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
...and the second part of that statement is those same men are now bent of out shape to learn they may be held accountable.
I'd say it likely triggered that rage-crying we saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
too funny....the liberals are throwing stones

I don't even remember my last two years of high school....thank God
I mean, I was wild too. But then again, I KNOW I was and that was just one of many reasons why I new I would never want to run for office.

I could - but who wants their past coming back to haunt them?

And . . it often does.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:42 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Only in the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies