U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 09:25 PM

11,367 posts, read 2,818,974 times

Advertisements

Breitbart must have a mole in Google. Scary sh*t! Long article with graphics so be sure to scroll down past the ads.

An internal company briefing produced by Google and leaked exclusively to Breitbart News argues that due to a variety of factors, including the election of President Trump, the “American tradition” of free speech on the internet is no longer viable.

Despite leaked video footage showing top executives declaring their intention to ensure that the rise of Trump and the populist movement is just a “blip” in history, Google has repeatedly denied that the political bias of its employees filter into its products.

But the 85-page briefing, titled “The Good Censor,” admits that Google and other tech platforms now “control the majority of online conversations” and have undertaken a “shift towards censorship” in response to unwelcome political events around the world.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/...-and-civility/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 09:50 PM

4,340 posts, read 1,878,826 times
It's good that the ministry of truth is protecting us peons from wrong think. I'll sleep better knowing that I wasn't exposed to an offensive word.

Wait. Weren't the democrats just explaining to us that biased censorship was just a stupid conspiracy theory?

Old 10-09-2018, 10:15 PM

17,225 posts, read 8,723,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
It's good that the ministry of truth is protecting us peons from wrong think. I'll sleep better knowing that I wasn't exposed to an offensive word.

Wait. Weren't the democrats just explaining to us that biased censorship was just a stupid conspiracy theory?
Yes they were denying censorship. Google also has racist hiring/promotion policies. Don’t use google.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:22 PM

7,410 posts, read 4,490,755 times
Good thing Breitbart is on this seeing how much they love all political speech.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:24 PM

5,907 posts, read 2,041,860 times
Starts company with ambitious (and deceptive) motto "Don't be Evil".....promptly emulates every evil regime's sordid history of disinformation, propaganda, and oppression/purging of dissidents.

Just wow.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:44 PM

5,591 posts, read 2,360,664 times
Quit using Google

Old 10-10-2018, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Good thing Breitbart is on this seeing how much they love all political speech.
Damning story of google practices and you swipe at Breitbart? Go figure

Old 10-10-2018, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Damning story of google practices and you swipe at Breitbart? Go figure
I don't use Google to gather my political thought. They are also a private company and can do as they please. It's not a restriction of anyone's free speech. Also, if you don't like Google, don't use Google. Your choice.

Old 10-10-2018, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I don't use Google to gather my political thought. They are also a private company and can do as they please. It's not a restriction of anyone's free speech. Also, if you don't like Google, don't use Google. Your choice.
Of course you would parrot that line. Probably denied it existed previously. Big ugly unprecedented subject that will need studied further.There is a lawsuit against their bigotted hiring practices.

Old 10-10-2018, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Of course you would parrot that line. Probably denied it existed previously. There is a lawsuit into their racist/sexist hiring practices.
I don't follow what you mean in the bolded part. As far the last sentence, if there's enough evidence of it, I'm sure Google will lose the suit as well they should. It doesn't affect me when I'm searching waterfalls I want to visit, song lyrics I'm trying to remember who sang or slow cooker chili recipes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies