Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2018, 05:50 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Put you in a room full of water and you will drown..... so I guess water is poison too.

BTW, CO2 is a wonderful thing. It's helping green our planet.
You seemingly ignore the fact that CO2 in the atmosphere acts as a planetary thermostat that regulates the temperature of earth...Too little and it would be too cold...Too much too hot.

Old 10-20-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
no it's means when something is limiting...including water or CO2...plants grow slower
...and when you provide enough so it's not limiting..they grow faster
And too much will kill them.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Thanks for the info! I'll be sure not to plant my garden in the ocean next year!
I believe he is referring to soil acidification.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:09 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
University degrees means jack when you lack basic common logic.
LOL the dumbest comment today!

Neil has the degrees and is off the charts brilliant in logic.

How many best selling Physics books have you written and sold?
Quote:
If you are going to insult somebody check your writing; for somebody with a university degree your writing skills are poor.
Claims the guy who worships liars, claims the guy who has no clue what science is, claims the guy who is ignorant of Neil's scientific credentials and who thinks Tim Ball is a credible scientist.

Sure your opinion is as rock solid as a marshmallow.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:11 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
The chart does no such thing.

If you stop and ask yourself what are the properties of a greenhouse gas...there's were you find that these gases absorb and emit infrared radiation and spread this radiation in the form of heat back to the land and oceans.

There seems to be a lot of folks here who don't even understand what the properties of greenhouse gasses are and how these properties directly contribute to driving up the temperature.

What is the greenhouse effect?

A blanket around the Earth

You are not interpreting the graphs correctly.

A poster in the science forum made these observations about these two graphs you posted there.

Source: See Post #34

You have not crashed anyone's "theory". You are not interpreting the graphs correctly nor did you notice that the graphs have two different scales for CO2 between the two plots.

Why won't you provide the source for these graphs? For all we know you could be copyrighting someone's work. It's very irresponsible to post any graphs without the source of where these graphs came from.

No matter where they came from they don't support the narrative you are using them for.
If you expect to argue this point with Mircea and win, good luck. You will lose.

And I notice those graphs seem to scare you a bit. You got shaky and claimed copyright infringement. Why don't you want anyone to see them? (no need to answer that question; the answer is obvious)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
LOL the dumbest comment today!

Neil has the degrees and is off the charts brilliant in logic.

How many best selling Physics books have you written and sold?
Claims the guy who worships liars, claims the guy who has no clue what science is, claims the guy who is ignorant of Neil's scientific credentials and who thinks Tim Ball is a credible scientist.

Sure your opinion is as rock solid as a marshmallow.
Ah, the old Appeal to Authority logical fallacy.

And you don't think people around you, brilliant or not, may just have ulterior motives? As Barnum might have said... there's a sucker born every minute.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
1) I wasn't even talking to you when I posted the video.
So what? That's how things work in a public forum. You don't have to be talking to me for me to respond to your posts.
Now why did you ask me this?
Quote:
You didn't even watch the video I linked.
Quote:
Instead of reading what I wrote, you just immediately started attacking me.
Really? You think I'm going to just ignore your sick rant about me? LOL boy think again. If you can't take then don't dish it.
Quote:
This is going to be my last response to you.
You're as big of a liar as all of those bozo climate denier fools you've been posting.

Do you even know what a spokesperson is? You are not doing yourself any favors continuing to attack me. You look more and more foolish with each and every post.

You certainly gave everyone a good inside view of how the climate denier mind works and the disingenuous tactics they engage in to try and dismiss credible science.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:24 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I believe he is referring to soil acidification.
CO2 doesn't cause soil acidification.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
If you expect to argue this point with Mircea and win, good luck. You will lose.
Hehehe He's already ducked and hid from me in the science forum.

He won't even post his sources for graphs that he's not interpreting correctly. What exactly is there to lose here?

He's been called out on these graphs in the Science forum and he has yet to answer to being called out for misinterpreting the graphs as well as not linking the source.

In science discussions you never link data without it's source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And I notice those graphs seem to scare you a bit. You got shaky and claimed copyright infringement. Why don't you want anyone to see them? (no need to answer that question; the answer is obvious)
WOW you are just as ignorant about interpreting those graphs as the person who posted them.

I want everyone to see those graphs silly one as they don't represent what Mircea is claiming they represent. It's blatantly obvious and I'm happy he posted them for us to see he really does not know what he's talking about.

All I mentioned is that he could be copyrighting other people's work and we have no way of knowing since he refuses to post the source.

You took that as me not wanting people to see the graphs.

BTW copyright infringement in science is a big deal.

Last edited by Matadora; 10-20-2018 at 06:34 PM..

Old 10-20-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
University degrees means jack when you lack basic common logic. You and everyone who think like you are more interested in abstraction than practical life. If you are going to insult somebody check your writing; for somebody with a university degree your writing skills are poor.
I disagree...What is your problem? Are you running low on school yard insults?

Old 10-20-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I disagree...What is your problem? Are you running low on school yard insults?
Anyone who would make the statement that poster made demonstrates a lack of "common logic" as he puts it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies