Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2018, 08:12 PM

18,448 posts, read 8,275,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
How all of global warming looks on a thermometer... the new Halloween movie is out....maybe they should run this instead...it's so scary

https://suyts.files.wordpress.com/20...ng?w=639&h=366
ooooooooooooooo....I'm scared of morons

Old 10-21-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Yes I a well aware of this morons blog. I am the one who posted it yesterday when you refused to show me your source. I found it and posted it.

Pretty stupid and moronic waste of time. This is what ignorant folks use their time doing and then post it proudly as if they are some sort of genius. Geez the idiocy of that blog and to think you would use that in a global warming discussion is pretty bad.

...and you don't know how to right click and get the address......oooooooo scary

Old 10-21-2018, 08:16 PM

How all of global warming looks on a thermometer... the new Halloween movie is out....maybe they should run this instead...it's so scary

https://suyts.files.wordpress.com/20...ng?w=639&h=366

Old 10-21-2018, 08:17 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...and you don't know how to right click and get the address......oooooooo scary
How did I find that website if I don't know how to right click and get the address?

Stop moving the goal posts and dodging and evading the obvious that you really believed that bogus graph debunked the 1°C increase in global temps since 1850.

This is what's truly scary.

Carry on with your grade school antics. You're only amusing yourself.

Anyway back to the Global Warming discussion.

Russell King in Mexico Beach Florida

Man Whose Mexico Beach House Was One of Last Standing After Hurricane Michael Calls out Climate Denier Politicians

Old 10-21-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
How did I find that website if I don't know how to right click and get the address?

Stop moving the goal posts and dodging and evading the obvious that you really believed that bogus graph debunked the 1°C increase in global temps since 1850.

This is what's truly scary.

Carry on with your grade school antics. Your only amusing yourself.
roaring laughing.....you said I REFUSED to show you the source....all you had to do was right click...glad you finally figured it out

moving goal posts are sooooooooooooo scary!!

wanna see it again?...it's what all of global warming looks like on a thermometer...it's so scary I can only look at it with one eye

http://suyts.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/image266.png

Old 10-21-2018, 08:30 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
The globe had its fourth warmest September and year-to-date on record!

Source: Temperature Anomalies Time Series

Quote:
With global records dating back to 1880, the September 2018 global temperature across the world's land and ocean surfaces was 0.78°C (1.40°F) above the 20th century average of 15.0°C (59.0°F)—tying with 2017 as the fourth highest September temperature in the 139-year record.

The ten warmest September global land and ocean surface temperatures have occurred since 2003, with the last five years (2014–2018) comprising the five warmest Septembers on record. September 2015 is the record warmest September at +0.93°C (+1.67°F).

September 2018 also marks the 42nd consecutive September and the 405th consecutive month with temperatures, at least nominally, above the 20th century average.

The data just keeps supporting what most intelligent folks already know.
Attached Thumbnails
Global warming and climate change are happening-september-2018-global-significant-events-map  

Old 10-21-2018, 08:43 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
Matadora, Do you work for any renewable energy, alternative fuel or related industry? People is not going to change their minds, the same information is been given for years, the only difference is that the doomsday scenarios keep getting more unbelievable.

Did you miss my question? It's to make sure it is all about information and no personal interest.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:13 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Explain, in your own words, if you can understand it, why knowing what isotopes of CO2 in the atmosphere clearly show man's use of fossil fuels.

Or would you rather stay ignorant of a basic fact? It is irrefutable evidence. Not settled, or doubtful, but irrefutable of man's use of fossil fuels. Do you even understand the science behind that?
Of course man uses fossil fuels. That is no a surprise to most of us. You act as its a news-flash. Well, it may be news to you, but it isn't to us.

However, it doesn't mean that unacceptable or even detectable levels of man-made warming are being experienced, or that the overwhelming amount, if not all, of climate change is not naturally occurring as it has for billions of years.

No amount of your "dazzle them with BS" will have an impact because the facts are in, and have been in for many millions of years.

Most of us are willing to deal with the trifling, barely, if-at-all perceptible amount of climate change that is a results of man's activity. Simply put, we'll deal with it if and when we get to it.

In the meantime, you might want to ease off on your "the-sky-is-falling" routine and direct your efforts to a cause in which you can help mankind, not hinder it.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:21 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
The globe had its fourth warmest September and year-to-date on record!

Source: Temperature Anomalies Time Series

The data just keeps supporting what most intelligent folks already know.
The key phrase here is "on record". Mankind's record of temperatures isn't extensive enough to be of the slightest use or meaning. Massively too short.

Last edited by Open-D; 10-21-2018 at 10:47 PM..

Old 10-21-2018, 11:12 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Of course man uses fossil fuels. That is no a surprise to most of us. You act as its a news-flash. Well, it may be news to you, but it isn't to us.

However, it doesn't mean that unacceptable or even detectable levels of man-made warming are being experienced, or that the overwhelming amount, if not all, of climate change is not naturally occurring as it has for billions of years.

No amount of your "dazzle them with BS" will have an impact because the facts are in, and have been in for many millions of years.

Most of us are willing to deal with the trifling, barely, if-at-all perceptible amount of climate change that is a results of man's activity. Simply put, we'll deal with it if and when we get to it.

In the meantime, you might want to ease off on your "the-sky-is-falling" routine and direct your efforts to a cause in which you can help mankind, not hinder it.
Deflection is something deniers excel in.

Now, can you answer the question? Do you even remember the question? Hint: Isotope
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies