Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 03:35 PM

2,448 posts, read 893,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
But he didn't just remove it. He deceived her family in to thinking he was something he was not. That is a whole 'nother league of messed up, I'd be furious at him and disappointed at her in the same situation as her family. Did he not have the testicular fortitude to man up, but runs around in some insane pantomime to try to gain approval? She let this happen, or promoted it. What other deceptions is he playing in regards to their daughter? Or them? Hey he's your friend, or deceptions he's playing on you?

Seriously that's some hokey teen BS. What does that say about him as a person? Further you seem to approve, so what does that say about you? You approve of fake?

Further willingness isn't important. Successful relationships are based on what is, not what may be. Sure people get involved with people that they think they can polish into what they want and they're always disappointed. Willingness to alter yourself for your partner? Like say getting a tattoo? How about a couple of DD implants? Some filler and Lipo? What does that say about someone's self esteem that they're so desperate for attention they'll alter their physical being to meet that other persons expectation? There's a pretty good saying, you can't expect someone else to love you, unless you love yourself. And there's more, what does it say about that other person that they want their prospective partner to alter their physicality to meet expectations? If it wasn't her, and she was doing it for her family, we know where he stands, which is the back of the family line, that must be nice to know, or maybe he didn't think it through enough to reach this conclusion, and the tattooed are apparently the stupid ones.

Seriously man that whole thing is so messed up it's not funny and you're thinking it's something special, which it is if you're referring to short bus special, but it ain't Cinderella special. I see dangerous times ahead for that guy, and girl.
I'm no expert, but isn't a phrase like "short bus special" a slur against people with disabilities?

I'll confess I didn't read the story to which you're referring, but I gather that in complaining about "judgmentalism" about those of you who chose to mutilate your bodies ("to express yourselves") that you have chosen to defend your choice by pointing out that other people make poor decisions in trying alter their bodies to gain attention and/or meet society's expectations? Solid.

"There's a pretty good saying, you can't expect someone else to love you, unless you love yourself." Wasn't that essentially a book in the 70s? I'm Okay, You're Okay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 04:12 PM

15,529 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Thanks for checking in with a paragraph on something you don't care about. I'm checking you off on the running tally I'm keeping. Let's see, elan is a "don't care." Okay, I've got you down. Any other subjects about which you don't care? It might save us both some time in the future.
Well, I avoided it for a long time. However, with 25 pages I thought I might as well chime in.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:36 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,719,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Well, I avoided it for a long time. However, with 25 pages I thought I might as well chime in.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:54 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,719,240 times
This thread may have as well been done in Great Debates
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies