Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2018, 01:31 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,855,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Check out what the brave leader of the free world is doing.
The Chinese are rounding up hundreds of thousands of Muslim Citizens and sending them to concentration camps, should the leader of the Free world impose crushing trade sanctions on them?
If not why?
The world is filled with Injustice, it's not our job to police it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 01:32 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The murdered man was a legal resident of the US.
Though I disagree with Trump and US policy on this, him being a US resident means nothing.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:34 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,267,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So that's what the right now calls kissing the ass of murderous dictators and other so-called leaders of the world. Thanks for clearing that up!

One question, does that term also cover throwing your own intelligence community under the bus, sometimes on international TV as was done in Helsinki?
Remember when Trump saluted a North Korean General?

Old 11-21-2018, 01:36 PM

2,362 posts, read 776,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
It is unfortunate that the United States must have dealings with unsavory country's, but let's face reality , the vast majority of our trade is with those countries.
It's not just trade the US does - the US also basically built Saudi Arabia's military from the ground up and supports Saudi Arabia and their illegal war against Yemen. Of course, the US is not supporting Saudi Arabia there because Saudi Arabia has oil and the US wants to play 'nice' - the US is pushing Saudi Arabia into a proxy war (like they pushed Iraq against Iran) because they want to see the Iranian-backed government ousted.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:36 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
And those hundreds with spend there money at thousands of other businesses.

Just try thinking for once.
Stop being immature. I'm not discounting hundreds of jobs. I'm saying that Trump and posters here are LYING about the number. It's hundreds, if that. They will run those SA ships simultaneously through shipyards that are only of a certain size, that are already building pretty much the same ship for the U.S. The purchase of the Saudi ships for instance, doesn't create an industry. It places additions to the production line that is already occurring. Nothing to sneeze at for sure. But don't make it out to be more than it is. We are talking about murders and human lives. Again, this journalist is but one more nail in the Saudi thug way of life. When do we stop accepting their behavior? What's the line? Because as I've said before, Lockheed Martin and Raytheon are gonna be just fine and the defense industry is big enough that, honestly, I believe the loss of workers for solely the Saudi deal is minimal impact.

But you and I disagree on that. I think human atrocities are worth more than a few hundred jobs, even if it's my own. Now, I don't want to get into too many personal details but someone I know very well would be significantly and directly impacted by restrictions on Saudi arms deals. They are okay with that and feel pretty confident they could move to working on behalf of many of the other countries for the same equipment.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:37 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Remember when Trump saluted a North Korean General?
Yeah, he made it look like a Three Stooges routine.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:38 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,518,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgr_nyr View Post
i don 't like what the saudi's did to this guy. But, at the same time, i don't care that much about it either. The public murder of one man by another government who wasn't a united states citizen is not enough if a reason to destroy all diplomatic relations with another country. What trump has now is a big chip he can play against the saudi's for years to come. It's always the long game with trump. The saudi's have been killing their own people for years and not a peep from anyone. But because kahsogghi was a sometime contributor to rags like the washington post i am supposed to care now? Guess what? I don't. The guy had a risky job and if he was dumb enough to allow himself to walk willingly into an embassy knowing he might not walk out then that is entirely on him. The false outrage on this one is laughable.
+ 1

Old 11-21-2018, 01:38 PM

2,362 posts, read 776,984 times
I remember reading conservatives being strongly critical over Saudi Arabia and now that Trump is backing them, tunes are changing.

Does anyone have any principles? or does everyone in America have the honor of a toad?

Old 11-21-2018, 01:39 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crider View Post
Saudi’s flew Planes into WTC 911 killing over 3000 Americans and US attacks Iraq not Saudi Arabia. Saudis murder one reporter in Turkey what do you expect Trump to do? Bomb Iran? For once he told the truth. Different puppet same puppeteers.
The GOP is ready to sanction them to death. But trump is worried about his business holdings.

Amoral in every fiber of his Orange-skinned, obese body

Old 11-21-2018, 01:42 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Job creation due to the Saudi arms deal is in the hundreds, not thousands as Trump claims based on information from the two major defense contractors who benefit from this.

Saudi Arabia Arms Deal Will Create a Fraction of the Jobs Trump Claims | Fortune

Think first before lying.
Trump also said there is $450 billion in arms sales to the Saudis in the works. Pentagon says it's more like $14.5 billion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies