Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2018, 08:10 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I didn't vote for him so why tell me. But you sure seemed to like the Clintons who sure seemed to have some odd donors.

Regardless of what Trump investments are doing, that journalist isn't worth putting a sing US soldier at risk. Let his own country do something about it.
That's the second time you said this. So I'll ask you my question a second time: how about the U.S. canceling all arms sales to Saudi Arabia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 08:10 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
You don[t seem to know much.
Trump himself said he makes money from the Sauds - a LOT of money ($40-$50 million according to Trump).

Ken
Shrug, I dont give 2 sheets. I care about the USA once again playing world cop. It isn't our job and guess what, most of the world is sick of us doing it.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:12 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Perhaps you can prove that and it is true. I really dont know. What I do know is that journalist isn't worth putting our troops at risk over. Let his native country do something about it if they feel so strongly about it.
How about if you let Trump tell you? Listen to Trump speak ~ 1:15 on video.

https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/tru...-case-58543584

Old 10-17-2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
That's the second time you said this. So I'll ask you my question a second time: how about the U.S. canceling all arms sales to Saudi Arabia?
I am all for canceling arms deals to the saudis, and the Israelis, and the Egyptians and a few others. Not sure what that has to do with us playing world cop or the Journalist getting killed but ok.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:13 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Shrug, I dont give 2 sheets. I care about the USA once again playing world cop. It isn't our job and guess what, most of the world is sick of us doing it.
How'd that work out in the days leading up to WWII?

You can bury your head in the sand (or someplace a lot more pungent) but what happens in other countries affects you whether you like it or not. Just ask the families of folks who died on Sept 11th 2001.

Ken

Old 10-17-2018, 08:14 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,582,667 times
This sounds like a scene from the Blacklist. The journalist is murdered in the consulate by a team of 15 Turks & Saudis, chopped up and put in suitcases, blood spatter on the walls so a clean-up crew comes in cleans, and paints the walls before forensics arrives. I don't know all the details of what Kashoggi did. Some reports say it was defamation of the Saudi's King or Prince's character. I understand those cultures don't accept that type of opposition so respect or silence is best method especially if you will step foot into their country.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
How about if you let Trump tell you? Listen to Trump speak ~ 1:15 on video.

https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/tru...-case-58543584
As I said about 10 times now, I dont care.
I care about using our troops for world cops. I care about getting us involved in something that isn't our business.
Your hatred for Trump blinds you to the fact he won't be the one paying the price. We the people will. Our troops potentially will and for what? A journalist that isn't even one of our citizens.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
How'd that work out in the days leading up to WWII?

You can bury your head in the sand (or someplace a lot more pungent) but what happens in other countries affects you whether you like it or not. Just ask the families of folks who died on Sept 11th 2001.

Ken
Im sorry was there a UN back then? Was the UN not specifically designed to address such issues?
I must of have missed the part where WWII was started when a journalist was killed.
Im all for going after someone who attacks us. I am not for this world cop crap that costs us a mint while the world condemns us for it. No one elected us world cop.

911 was caused by a journalist getting killed?

Old 10-17-2018, 08:19 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
As I said about 10 times now, I dont care.
I care about using our troops for world cops. I care about getting us involved in something that isn't our business.
Your hatred for Trump blinds you to the fact he won't be the one paying the price. We the people will. Our troops potentially will and for what? A journalist that isn't even one of our citizens.
Why do you ASSume the response is a MILITARY response?

Ken

Old 10-17-2018, 08:22 AM

15,529 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Pompeo just said they are going to give Turkey and Saudi Arabia the space to complete the investigation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies