Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 09:32 PM

20,615 posts, read 8,384,269 times

Advertisements

Remember Obama's revolving door of celebrities? The media were enthralled.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:33 PM

30,142 posts, read 23,530,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
This is a serious question.

Is the right/Trump supporters familiar with Kanye West before his endorsement of Trump?
Yep. Sure am. I don't care what Kanye thinks, but I am interested in why the party that claims to care about minorities is calling him a token and a sell out.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:35 PM

10,012 posts, read 9,438,159 times
Quote:
This is a serious question.

Is the right/Trump supporters familiar with Kanye West before his endorsement of Trump?
Serious question. Was the left familiar with Kanye West before he dissed Bush?

Old 10-11-2018, 09:40 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,377,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I am. I hate Kanye west. Why do you ask?
Most of the right here post their support of Kanye supporting Trump yet it seems as if they know nothing else about him.

I won't call myself a Kanye fan but I like some of his producing work and songs. His music is ok. But Kanye has been doing bizarre things for a long time. If people knew the history of the rhetoric behind Kanye, I think they would be less offended and question his motive.

The clip I saw today Kanye said he loved Hilary too. He didn't blast her. He simply said he felt more connected to Trump's campaign.

Some of the reasons that people are dissing Kanye is because of his pattern of behavior. His constant shock and awe. He has been known to go off the rails a time or two. This isn't as much about politics as it's about his history of erratic behavior mixed with being used as a photo-op.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:40 PM

31,842 posts, read 14,831,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Seriously? Of course we champion a man who isn't afraid to think for himself even knowing that he'll be attacked for doing it. It goes right over your head that it's about individual thought, it's not party alignment.
Why was the press there. Shame on Trump for exploiting someone with mental issues. Kanye goes on rants in his concerts as well. He was diagnosed as being Bipolar which he didn't accept. Anyone who knows someone who is Bipolar knows they never accept it, thus refusing medication for it. It was an embarrassing moment for everyone and one that should have never been televised.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Serious question. Was the left familiar with Kanye West before he dissed Bush?
Yep

When he dissed Swift, his mom died, he blasted the doctor, he went off on his ex-girl in public, interrupting award shows, calling out Jay Z and Beyonce in public for personal disagreements, jumping in a lake while fans followed. I mean the list goes on and on. Since I'm a fan of hop hip, yes I'm aware Kanye.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:48 PM

48,302 posts, read 34,433,441 times
Quote:

Some of the reasons that people are dissing Kanye is because of his pattern of behavior. His constant shock and awe. He has been known to go off the rails a time or two. This isn't as much about politics as it's about his history of erratic behavior mixed with being used as a photo-op.
This. ^^^^^

Kanye went off the rails a long time ago, and people have been commenting on it for awhile.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-11-2018, 10:00 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,123,999 times
Quote:
Most of the right here post their support of Kanye supporting Trump yet it seems as if they know nothing else about him.
Nothing wrong with that. I don't have to like someone to support their actions. For example, I don't like Lindsey Graham. But I support his descision to back Kavanaugh.

Quote:
I won't call myself a Kanye fan but I like some of his producing work and songs. His music is ok. But Kanye has been doing bizarre things for a long time. If people knew the history of the rhetoric behind Kanye, I think they would be less offended and question his motive.
Personally, I hate rap. Kanye's works are no exception.

Quote:
The clip I saw today Kanye said he loved Hilary too. He didn't blast her. He simply said he felt more connected to Trump's campaign.

I mainly hate him for his general disrespect towards other people. With Taylor Swift being the usual example.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:08 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,580,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yep. Sure am. I don't care what Kanye thinks, but I am interested in why the party that claims to care about minorities is calling him a token and a sell out.
I don't know why Democrats have a problem with this, Kanye has concerns and opinions based on his experiences as a black man and he's got Trumps ear and that's good. Dems will attack Trump no matter what ... I hope they don't get in the way of progress, but Trump will ignore the Dems and do what he can and thinks is right.

Last edited by petch751; 10-11-2018 at 10:30 PM..

Old 10-11-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Nothing wrong with that. I don't have to like someone to support their actions. For example, I don't like Lindsey Graham. But I support his descision to back Kavanaugh.

Personally, I hate rap. Kanye's works are no exception.

I mainly hate him for his general disrespect towards other people. With Taylor Swift being the usual example.

I didn't say like, I said know him...as in his history.

I don't hate anyone that I don't personally know or never had interaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.