Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 09:42 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times

Advertisements

I see the democrats oppose clean voter rolls, noted.

The question becomes, why do democrats so vehemently oppose clean voter rolls?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 09:43 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Its hilarious watching the dems on here ignore reality to push a false narrative that they are somehow being cheated.

If these people want to vote, all they need to do is correct the discrepancies in their paperwork.

The thread title should be, "Why won't 53,000 people correct the discrepancies in their paperwork?".
As soon as they are notified they need to correct their paper work betcha they do.
Its just that they won't find out till they try to Vote.

Republicans definitely think through their cheating strategies.

If they could put all that energy into good instead of evil ...

Old 10-12-2018, 09:54 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:

You "see" no such thing.

Interesting that you totally ignored my response about how my name appears, due to no fault of my own, in different situations.

Why is that?

And you've yet to respond to the fact that none of the voters have been notified about the discrepancies in their names.

Why aren't republicans actually interested in giving people a chance to correct these issues BEFORE election day?

Old 10-12-2018, 10:06 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Lightbulb Brian Kemp, Republican Gov Candidate in GA, Has Frozen the Registration of 53,000 New Voters, 26 Days Before Midterms

Business as usual.

Pubs are scared of the public.

Voter suppression is their strategy, because they know full well that the majority of Americans oppose them and their "tax cuts/trickle-down" agenda that keeps pumping more of America's resources to the already wealthy.

How much longer will they keep getting away with it?

Old 10-12-2018, 10:17 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
You "see" no such thing.

Interesting that you totally ignored my response about how my name appears, due to no fault of my own, in different situations.

Why is that?

And you've yet to respond to the fact that none of the voters have been notified about the discrepancies in their names.

Why aren't republicans actually interested in giving people a chance to correct these issues BEFORE election day?
Because that would mean conceding that the goal is voter suppression rather than some bs unicorn "clean voter rolls?

Old 10-12-2018, 11:52 AM

937 posts, read 926,834 times
Quote:
The truth is that a law in GA requires voter registrations to match state, or federal records. If the voter registration paperwork doesn't match the state records, the applicant has 24 months to correct the discrepancies.

If these people want to vote, they just need to correct the discrepancies in their paperwork.

Complete, and total thread fail.
....Should that be the voter's responsibility or the state's?

And shouldn't the voter be made aware of the discrepancy way before voting season?

Old 10-12-2018, 11:55 AM

1,768 posts, read 567,342 times
Quote:

Does every single piece of paper that displays your name display it in the exact same manner?

We are not talking about a voter registration that says Jane Smith with one address and an ID that says Bob Jones with a different address.

We are talking about a voter registration that says Jane S Smith and an ID that says Jane S. Smith and they both have the same address.

The absence of a period means Jane is a "dirty" voter?

Only to people who know they can only win by suppressing votes.

Old 10-12-2018, 01:05 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
Meme this, meme that. Ain’t it great to see desperation, where all that is left is the Nah, nah, nahs., of various styles? Still empty, devoid.

Anyone notice there is no refuscation of the entirely checkable fact that this program has been underway for a number of years. Still, no court successful court challenge.

Wait, is that more Nah, nah, nahs. I hear?

Last edited by earthlyfather; 10-12-2018 at 01:56 PM..

Old 10-12-2018, 01:08 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,736,406 times
That's how the GOP is operating these days. Disgusting!

Old 10-12-2018, 01:54 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
Why look here. Another state’s (ND) voter registration laws upheld. The Constitution give the individual states the job to manage their registration and elections processes, unless found to be in violation of the Constitution. So much for meaningless memes. You’ve been found out Dems.

http:/https://www.cbsnews.com/news/n...-senate-race//
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies