Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2018, 05:15 PM

15,529 posts, read 10,499,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Lucky for us that Trump built that wall, eh?

Talk to congress about it, he can't build it my himself. Talk to the democrats and country club republicans, it's their fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 05:21 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6cLdrFZHx0

The ones who they interviewed don't speak English, many of them have very large families, many of the adults appear extremely unhealthy.

Many of them in the caravan of large number of babies and children that they can't afford and appear bloated from different health conditions.

One of them were even wearing military style camouflage in the video.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/over-1000...n-march-report
Good! I welcome them with open arms!

Old 10-14-2018, 05:42 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
Good! I welcome them with open arms!

Good, they can all hang out at your house and you can clothe and feed them also. I'm excited for you!

Old 10-14-2018, 05:47 PM

18,439 posts, read 8,268,923 times
I don't welcome them at all....

We have too many homeless people and people that need too much help...that we are not helping now

...every dime and every minute someone spends on them should be spent on our own first

Old 10-14-2018, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Lucky for us that Trump built that wall, eh?

So you think he can do it without congress' approval? Maybe he should be like Obama and bypass congress by an EO to get it done? Is that the kind of leader you want?

Old 10-14-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
I don't care who they are? Are you projecting?

People are people. Economic hardship can push people to do things they'd rather not do.

If these people were europeans or muslim or chinese, it would still be the same.

Again, not justifying, but also not vilifying.

Uh, huh. I'm a believer, Chicano. Why is it mostly Hispanics who keep defending these people? There aren't many Europeans, Muslims or Chinese here illegally compared to Hispanics. Economic hardship is not an excuse to come here seeking asylum nor to enter our country illegally. Breaking laws and taking from others what doesn't belong to you should be vilified.

Old 10-14-2018, 06:47 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Uh, huh. I'm a believer, Chicano. Why is it mostly Hispanics who keep defending these people? There aren't many Europeans, Muslims or Chinese here illegally compared to Hispanics. Economic hardship is not an excuse to come here seeking asylum nor to enter our country illegally. Breaking laws and taking from others what doesn't belong to you should be vilified.
For one thing, it's just a username. Picked it long ago because it use to be my Xbox gamertag. Don't really care too much for it anymore. But can't change my username though.

I usually find myself arguing with relatives that say racist things towards Armenians. And those were the ones who voted Trump lol.

Most illegals tend to be Hispanic because they're our direct neighbors. But I don't care about anyone's race. It's such a mundane thing to care about.
I'm thinking you got a problem based on our previous discussion about speaking different languages in public. Spanish in particular.

I been around the country, and knew different people from different places and walks of life. I never grew up solely with one race.

Old 10-14-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
For one thing, it's just a username. Picked it long ago because it use to be my Xbox gamertag. Don't really care too much for it anymore. But can't change my username though.

I usually find myself arguing with relatives that say racist things towards Armenians. And those were the ones who voted Trump lol.

Most illegals tend to be Hispanic because they're our direct neighbors. But I don't care about anyone's race. It's such a mundane thing to care about.
I'm thinking you got a problem based on our previous discussion about speaking different languages in public. Spanish in particular.

I been around the country, and knew different people from different places and walks of life. I never grew up solely with one race.

Regardless of your user name you admitted awhile back that you're Hispanic so that's my point. There are just as many Democrats that make racist remarks about others as Republicans do so what's your point? It's irrelevant who they voted for as Trump isn't a racist as far as I can see.

Well Canada is our close neighbor also but not that many Canadians are here illegally. My issue with hearing so much Spanish being spoken is directly due to the millions of them here illegally. I have a valid point.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:14 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You honestly think Americans should pay to solve all the problems in a third-world country when we are already 20T in debt?
We are paying for the problems in Central America either way, I would rather spend the money addressing their problems. The policies for several decades have failed, they are nothing more than a band aide.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:17 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
"we?"

We have our own starving children to feed!!

You talk as if money grows on trees here in the United States!
Well after the tax cut passed last year that will cause add over $1T to the deficit I can only conclude that money does go on trees, that money would have been well spent addressing the problems in these countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies